DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here was my thoughts about parking. One of the biggest issues HS is working around is CM parking. Their current parking is the lot, Television?, behind Indy. The CM buildings are also mostly behind Indy. This is why I always found it odd the rumors about Star Wars going into the parking lot. They would have to first move those building and majority of the handicap spots first; which would of pushed back the time line considerably. They could move CM parking opening up that lot to guest which would help alot. The parking garage in the backlot, next to the animation building, would be the first thought for new cast member parking. That was if it survived demo. I personally think that leaving it up but creating a facade on the guest area side would make for some nice theming. The problem with that is that CM buildings would be on the other side of the park. Moving CM parking into the southern yellow area would be logical since it remains close to the CM buildings, and with a simple cross walk or elevated walkway would be need if the world drive entrance is to remain. Honestly I keep looking at the areas around the parking lots since that will tell the direction that the construction is going to go in.

Hold up did she say we'll be able to meet Wheezy?!?!?!

That's amazing and will definitely will be on my photo pass list :cool1:

My apologies if this has already been discussed ( haven't read all 40 pages), but has there been any demolition yet of the Creative Costuming building or the areas behind it, in preparation for Toy Story land construction? If they haven't, it's hard to see how they could be finished by the end of next year.

My apologies if this has already been discussed ( haven't read all 40 pages), but has there been any demolition yet of the Creative Costuming building or the areas behind it, in preparation for Toy Story land construction? If they haven't, it's hard to see how they could be finished by the end of next year.
I know it was cleaned out but we can't see any demolition from inside the park of that area.

I don't believe that building has been removed yet, but there were recent aerial images that show that the building circled in red have been demolished.

Capture.JPG

I'm underwhelmed by the Slinky Dog coaster. Every other Coaster at Walt Disney world is hidden in some way to not show the track. I don't do upside down rides, so I wouldn't do any Universal Roller Coasters unless you get me drunk. It seems to take you out of the theming of the area. BTMRR is a must ride and will probably be attraction two I do two weeks form yesterday (MK Day) because it's so well hidden. This doesn't seem to be that must do attraction for me.

I'm underwhelmed by the Slinky Dog coaster. Every other Coaster at Walt Disney world is hidden in some way to not show the track. I don't do upside down rides, so I wouldn't do any Universal Roller Coasters unless you get me drunk. It seems to take you out of the theming of the area. BTMRR is a must ride and will probably be attraction two I do two weeks form yesterday (MK Day) because it's so well hidden. This doesn't seem to be that must do attraction for me.
I don't know how the themeing in this land will work. I don't have the issue above of the track showing, as it is explained as a toy track built by a child. Great way to hide the fact they cut cost the heck out of it. My issue is, we are going into Andy's back yard, and are toy sized....so how exactly are there trees our size which I see in the art? Doesn't make much sense to me. I also agree....looks like the toy barn is gone...what shame.

That's the point of this attraction though. The coaster was built in andys backyard. The theming was better in the original concept art but that changed.

Still super excited about this land, I agree with some others that this area seems to really be focused on young kids, which allows us older kids :-) to focus on star wars land!

I am wondering though....with some of the rumors flying that "phase 3" will be additions in areas instead of a whole new land.....

We know in DL they have an expansion pad for SWL, wonder if there will be expansion in SWL in DHS as they phaze out star tours to be reworked?
We also know they have more pixar expansion originally planned, maybe in animation courtyard to expand Andy's back yard?
I also think that when Star tours goes, it will be repackaged and maybe some work done to Indy area? Would fit timeline for new movie to be out.

Just guessing here...

In all honesty I'm most looking forward to Slinky Dog, out of everything this seems to be the most unique addition and surprised me when it was announced. It'll be interesting to see what's different from the concept art when it's finished

Sorry to double post but did the concept art change again? This looks different from what was posted on the walls

By now I just hope it's not the american version of "oh let's throw in some carnival rides and call it a land" excuse like they did in Paris. From all the expansions WDW is commiting to, this seems the less interesting one.

Buildings have been cleared out and utilities have been cut off. Signs on doors saying do not enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter