DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you tried to do both at once, in the same park....and announced it, you would have epic overcrowding. People would also delay reservations I think to ensure they'd be there for that event. For those that do annual trips, it works out to have new content every visit for a while which is nice.

I don't think that means much. Sure Toy Story land will cause some sort of bump, but it won't have the appeal that SWE has. That is going to cause epic overcrowding in and of itself. Though I'll agree with a slight variation on your suggestion. They want to be 100% sure to have TSL on-line prior to SWE, simply to have something else in the park to draw the crowds.

However, I fully expect that SWE will have a Potter-esque issue early on in that they will have to control entry into the land itself, the demand will be so high. Wait until the package comes out that allows early entry into SWE. One hour early access for only $249 per person - but you get a Princess Leia breakfast bun.

I don't think that means much. Sure Toy Story land will cause some sort of bump, but it won't have the appeal that SWE has. That is going to cause epic overcrowding in and of itself. Though I'll agree with a slight variation on your suggestion. They want to be 100% sure to have TSL on-line prior to SWE, simply to have something else in the park to draw the crowds.

However, I fully expect that SWE will have a Potter-esque issue early on in that they will have to control entry into the land itself, the demand will be so high. Wait until the package comes out that allows early entry into SWE. One hour early access for only $249 per person - but you get a Princess Leia breakfast bun.
Only $249? ;)

Disney has zero motivation to finish both lands at the same time. It would be a huge mistake by a company like this. Sure as a fan you want it, but realistically, that would be a huge mistake on their part.

It's not a question of opening both lands at the same time, it's a question of working on both at the same time. Star Wars is a much more complicated build, so even if they started at the same time and had equal effort put into both, SWL would still finish later.

You think $249 for one hour of park time is not excessive - especially essentially an EMH? I thought I was going pretty high.
With the money they are losing on ESPN, and things like Cabanas for $650. I think they could milk every last cent out of this land. Its said the land might have cabanas built in if this test is successful, imagine the prices of those. Vacation packages with early entry into the land, Magic mornings at DHS with star wars access, the possibilities here are endless.

As soon as they began EMM and After Hours, my first reaction was practice run for Pandora, TSL and SWL. I fully expect each land to have it's own version, or maybe both. With the number of rooms on property .... even EMH may be difficult to manage at SWL.

WoW..How difficult it has become to navigate & or manage a Relaxing vacation nowadays..:faint:..I say that with a loose tongue..LoL

So I guess all the crowd calendars will have pretty much 9's & 10s no matter what day or time of the year you attend???:confused3

Is it made from real princesses:) I would be willing to pay extra for early access, but $249/person might be too much for me:rolleyes1 Ha, I say that now:rolleyes:

As soon as they began EMM and After Hours, my first reaction was practice run for Pandora, TSL and SWL. I fully expect each land to have it's own version, or maybe both. With the number of rooms on property .... even EMH may be difficult to manage at SWL.

They already have early breakfast at Fantasyland. I saw it pop up in February when I was looking for BOG breakfast ressies. The early entry started at 7:45 am with a breakfast buffet and beverages for like $70. I'm guessing this is a test run for the new lands.

They already have early breakfast at Fantasyland. I saw it pop up in February when I was looking for BOG breakfast ressies. The early entry started at 7:45 am with a breakfast buffet and beverages for like $70. I'm guessing this is a test run for the new lands.

Yes, EMM or Early Morning Magic. They started these in the spring and doing ever since. That is why I said as soon as they started this, I saw them as a good offering but also beginning of a practice run to see if successful. It is more than breakfast though, it is dedicated attractions for those who paid. DHS also includes character meets.

EMM have been successful. We did the one at DHS and enjoyed it! Was totally worth the money for us. It really depends on what they are offering and if it is a plus for your day.

When was a trip to Disney EVER a relaxing vacation? A relaxing vacation is go to the beach.

But yes - Disney has made it more and more difficult for the average Joe to plan their vacation.
LoL...U know what I mean...
No more fly by the seat of your pants ( so to speak ).:teeth:

When was a trip to Disney EVER a relaxing vacation? A relaxing vacation is go to the beach.

But yes - Disney has made it more and more difficult for the average Joe to plan their vacation.
And many would argue it is easier for the average joe to plan their vacation now. That is your opinion. I know a lot of Disney vacationers that feel it is easier to plan a vacation now cause they can do it on their phone or laptop (think milennials). You can plan your entire vacation in a matter of minutes, where some would have to take hours to do the same thing by researching everything. it certainly takes me a ton less time to plan a Disney vacation then it used to.

LoL...U know what I mean...
No more fly by the seat of your pants ( so to speak ).:teeth:

It's totally possible to do a Disney vacation without setting up a single FastPass or dining reservation...there's always counter service, but who know how many rides you'll be able to go on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter