DHS Construction update thread (Read Post 1) Updated 8/21/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're obviously working themselves half to death on it, but I'm just so unimpressed with the way they decided to go with new lands, where and how. I'm really hoping it'll have won me over by completion. I really feel like they're betting way too much on toy story and muppet stuff. You have a ton of IP's you've done nothing with, Disney.

To be fair The Muppets was one of those IPs we never really saw get used like this

Yeah but for some reason they're pulling them out -after- a failure of a movie and a failure of a show. I'd have thought they'd have done it before said movie and show to encourage a new generation to have some interest in them. Marketing seems weird.

Yeah but for some reason they're pulling them out -after- a failure of a movie and a failure of a show. I'd have thought they'd have done it before said movie and show to encourage a new generation to have some interest in them. Marketing seems weird.
Maybe it has to do with honoring Jim Henson since Muppet-Vision was the last thing he worked on? The series failed because the people who turned away from it thought it was too different. I can't pinpoint the criticism most wanted got but it also came out in 2014, which to be honest was a very weak year at the box office compared to what they saw the 2 years before and the next 2 years (well minus this summer anyway) after. I don't know why all of a sudden muppets but I'm not questioning it because I like it! I don't mind IPs at all as long as they are good IPs with potential to live in the parks

Maybe it has to do with honoring Jim Henson since Muppet-Vision was the last thing he worked on? The series failed because the people who turned away from it thought it was too different. I can't pinpoint the criticism most wanted got but it also came out in 2014, which to be honest was a very weak year at the box office compared to what they saw the 2 years before and the next 2 years (well minus this summer anyway) after. I don't know why all of a sudden muppets but I'm not questioning it because I like it! I don't mind IPs at all as long as they are good IPs with potential to live in the parks

:D Don't get me wrong, I like muppets too. It just seems so odd! I'd be happy for them to be doing some things for Henson. Maybe do something with Muppet Christmas Carol since Osbourne lights has pulled out.

I think Muppets' presence in DHS and now Magic Kingdom is enough. I don't think there's demand there for TV and movies with them but a park presence always will be I think

I have a random theory or just thought, maybe they will move the remaining Streets of America facades and move them over as the edge of the Muppet Courtyard to enclose that area and continue a kind of New York theme for the Muppets Courtyard. Just a theory but it would be a great way to keep some of the Streets of America. Just a thought or a cool theory. Doubt it will happen.

I have a random theory or just thought, maybe they will move the remaining Streets of America facades and move them over as the edge of the Muppet Courtyard to enclose that area and continue a kind of New York theme for the Muppets Courtyard. Just a theory but it would be a great way to keep some of the Streets of America. Just a thought or a cool theory. Doubt it will happen.

There will be a facade to enclose Muppets Courtyard. We've already seen a permit for it

Interesting, first I've heard any word of this. Maybe they'll reuse the dirt conveyor to move us cast into the park after they're done with it. People mover?

I had always heard internal rumors of a cast garage being built by fantasia where the height balloons were seen earlier this year.

There is no reason to believe a parking garage is going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter