Dh needs to relax!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by clovely, Mar 18, 2006.

1. clovely

clovely Mouseketeer

We will be on the Wonder next weekend (a week from now); I'm so excited! Dh has had a rough couple weeks at work. We've got a lot of stuff planned out but haven't booked any spa treatments or anything like that. But he needs to relax! What do you think are the best places or activities if relaxing is the #1 priority? Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

Honestly, he should relax the moment you step on the ship. :) On our first cruise DH started smiling for the first time in a while. He had been going thru a great deal of stress leading the crash investigation for the plane he works on for the previous three years. We consider the cruise our family therapy where we can all recharge. We haven't been to the spa yet & still get the benefit. Make him go up to the adult pool area for a while one afternoon. DH really enjoys that.

4. ragdoll

ragdoll DIS Veteran

My favorite spot is a comfy lounge chair on deck 4, just breathing in the sea air and watching the ocean go by. Cove Cafe is very nice too. I prefer to be outdoors though. The adult area outside of Cove Cafe is nice except for the fact that smoking is allowed and it can get rather smokey.

5. Haley'smom

Haley'smom Mouseketeer

We used our 2/18 eastern cruise (our first DCL) as post superbowl xl planning recovery. DH was the most relaxed I had seen him in years (maybe ever... :rotfl: ) Like Lisa said, he relaxed the moment we stepped on the ship. :Pinkbounc

I highly recommend the comfy blue chairs on deck 4 and the drink of the day :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise :cheer2:

6. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

Send him to the Rainforest room. For $15 (per person) he can have a day pass. It is co-ed so you can both go. The tile lounge chairs are wonderful and I just felt all the stress melt away. There are also scented steam rooms. Very very nice.

The lounge chairs on deck 4 are also a wonderful place to relax.

If he is into coffee drinks or just wants a place to watch a little tv or listen to music take him to Cove Cafe. A very nice place.

7. clovely

clovely Mouseketeer

Thanks for the ideas. I have a gift certificate (from my boss) for a massage; I probably wont use it so I'm trying to talk him into using it before we go. But it'll be great to be able to tell him the quiet spots to hit.

I've been looking for info on the Rainforest room but have only seen it referenced here. I can't find it on the website. What exactly is there and how much is it? $15pp for a day pass? Is there a pass for the whole 3days/4nights? I've seen people mention a week pass but is there one on the shorter cruises?

Thanks!

8. Kimmielee

Kimmielee <marquee><font color=blue>The first person to repl

:cool1: subscribing to find out the answer too!