DH just loves VWL!

skorpie

Love the magic
Although the villas will be undergoing renovations, my DH still wanted to book our March 2016 vacation with our grandson (5) at the VWL. DH loves the Train room so much that he didn't want to book anywhere else even though other resorts were available! We also own at BC so we could have booked there. I hope that the construction won't be too much of an issue.

I read that the "train" room is being used for something else during construction, you might want to verify.

On a side note, the Disney railroad used to offer a free presentation and meeting in the train room, we attended it a few years ago, very nice extra. I still want to do the train tour.

:earsboy: Bill

I read that the "train" room is being used for something else during construction, you might want to verify.

On a side note, the Disney railroad used to offer a free presentation and meeting in the train room, we attended it a few years ago, very nice extra. I still want to do the train tour.

:earsboy: Bill

It's just being used for the nightly movies. So trains should be there and it's available for guest use.

Although the villas will be undergoing renovations, my DH still wanted to book our March 2016 vacation with our grandson (5) at the VWL. DH loves the Train room so much that he didn't want to book anywhere else even though other resorts were available! We also own at BC so we could have booked there. I hope that the construction won't be too much of an issue.
It's such a coincidence because I also own at BCV (and love) but VWL is a real favorite and I was literally just looking at availability for March 2016.
I didn't book yet because I'm a little worried about the mess & lack of the quiet pool, etc. Also, I love the boat to Ft. Wilderness for Trails End/Hoop etc. but heard it might be affected. I love the solitude, peace and quiet especially of the DVC lobby and am worried that it might be much noisier and busier.

What to do....what to do....though good luck with your decision.

It is also our home resort as well. We are planning a stay there in May but might go elsewhere. I will wait to see how the construction goes.

Having second thoughts now. Very concerned about the construction. Thinking of switching to BLT 2 BR Lake View. Might be better with my 5 yr. old grandson anyway. Any thoughts? Never stayed at BLT. Hearing that the internet is slow to nonexistent. I guess since we are on vacation, turn the internet off anyway!

I'm booked there in February. Going to keep the reservation. A construction day at VWL is still better than a cold day in Indiana.We own at both VWL and BCV, but VWL is by far our favorite!

Having second thoughts now. Very concerned about the construction.
Based on this, I'd switch right now. Many people can shrug off things like construction, but if you're not one of them then I'd make the switch.

Thinking of switching to BLT 2 BR Lake View. Might be better with my 5 yr. old grandson anyway. Any thoughts? Never stayed at BLT. Hearing that the internet is slow to nonexistent. I guess since we are on vacation, turn the internet off anyway!

I think there are literally thousands of people who would give their right arm to stay ONCE in an accommodation as nice as a DVC resort on-site at WDW. BLT is a great resort and the key is not to go into the trip with a lot of concerns. If issues happen, then you can deal with them as they come. Things like VWL construction is not something they can fix while you're there...nor can they speed up internet service at BLT. We've found all DVC internet service to be slow at every resort...including VGF that we just stayed at in April. I'm sure you'll have a magical trip where ever you chose to go. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter