DH has Cancer

Prayers for a successful surgery tomm. for your dh.

Hope your dh heals quickly and that he wont be in too much pain or discomfort. I found out that the morphine pump was my friend in the hospital for sure!

A disney trip is a great thing to look forward to on the road to recovery.

Wishing him all the best.

DH had his surgery last Wednesday so I am a little behind on the boards.
Surgery went well according to the surgical oncologist.
We return in four weeks and DH will have the compression bandages and stitches removed.
We will also be be told if he needs follow up treatment.

DH is really keeping his spirits up.:goodvibes
Got up this morning and got all ready for work!
Blew me away but I know that work is his diversion:)

Hoping for a great day.:thumbsup2

What good news! I can't believe he's going to work--such a positive thing.
Continued thoughts and prayers for his complete recovery.:wizard:

So glad to hear that your dh surgery went well.

I guess it is good that he has his work. I am sure it helps him mentally. It gives him an outlet to focus on something else instead of being sick, tests, doctors etc.

Hope he heals well. Take care of yourself too.

Wishing your dh and you all the best.

DH had his surgery last Wednesday so I am a little behind on the boards.
Surgery went well according to the surgical oncologist.
We return in four weeks and DH will have the compression bandages and stitches removed.
We will also be be told if he needs follow up treatment.

DH is really keeping his spirits up.:goodvibes
Got up this morning and got all ready for work!
Blew me away but I know that work is his diversion:)

Hoping for a great day.:thumbsup2

Definitely a great update!

First, let me say I just read your post for the first time and am so glad things are turning out well. Prayers for continued success!!:goodvibes

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer after I returned from WDW last year, diagnosed in November, 2 rounds of surgery in December and February I'm now 4 months into my chemo... suffering a little but I've been really lucky throughout.

I feel for anyone that has to go through this and know that many are far worse off than me.

My prognosis is good and I've booked my next WDW trip for April next year to celebrate.

Does anyone know of a travel insurer that doesn't cost the earth for cancer sufferers?

Also, my consultant oncologist advises that my fingerprints may have disappeared by the time I travel, any advice on passing through Orlando Intl with a passport but no fingerprints to scan?

I'm so sorry to hear about your trials. Good for you for planning a trip in the Spring!:goodvibes

Sorry I can't answer any of your questions. I've never been overseas for travel, so I'm absolutely no help!! Hope someone can answer though.

DD and I just came across your thread. Ours thoughts and prayers are with you.

You both sound like impressively strong people! Sending prayers and best wishes for his quick recovery!

I would like to give everyone a HUGE THANK YOU for all your thoughts and prayers.

DH had his stitches from his surgery and his follow up appointment with his surgical oncologist on Wednesday and we received amazing news.:banana:

The biopsies from the tumors were not higher than they had origionally thought.
They were able to get all the tumors and cancer cells with good margins.
He DOES NOT need any further radiation!!!:cool1:

We go back to the oncologist in 6 months.

DH will start physio next week and they are hoping that the numbness he has in his arm will eventually regain feeling. Heck if this is the only side effect I am over the moon.

Sorry it took a couple days to post but we have been celebrating:)

I would like to give everyone a HUGE THANK YOU for all your thoughts and prayers.

DH had his stitches from his surgery and his follow up appointment with his surgical oncologist on Wednesday and we received amazing news.:banana:

DH will start physio next week and they are hoping that the numbness he has in his arm will eventually regain feeling. Heck if this is the only side effect I am over the moon.

That is SUPER News - :yay: DD and I will continue to think about you and your Family....:)

This is some of the BEST news I have heard in a long time. Keep celebrating!
God bless you and your family

That is wonderful news. Continued prayers that he stays tumer and cell free. Hmmm maybe you both need a trip to the world to celebrate.

WOnderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay::yay:

Thank you for updating..... Overjoyed for you and your family..:grouphug:

Fantastic. The Pixie dust continues to do it's magic. :)

Hope things continue in a positive manner.

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

I hope your DH continues with a smooth recovery. So glad that things have turned out so well. Keep smiling and looking forward to your next WDW trip. :grouphug: Hugs and prayers.

Haven't been on here for awhile - just checking in to see how you're all doing?!?!

DH had his six month check up last week and all was clear!!!!
We are really happy.:goodvibes

Thank you to everyone.

Sending out thoughts and prayers to those that need some.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter