DH has ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)

Elfstar, just wanted to say thanks for your kind words. I know you are going through a really rough time, and you must be a compassionate person because you took time to comfort me. I just wanted to say I am thinking of you and Jim.

Hi Elfstar! I am checking in to see how things are going and to let you know you are still in my prayers. I hope you are having more good days than bad days. Hang in there!

Hi, Friends, hope everyone had a peaceful Christmas at least. Ours was pretty good, Jim had an anxiety attack but that was the extent of the day's problems. We all got him movies for Christmas so he's well stocked between that and what we rent. He's lost all use of his hands now which really frustrates him; being able to control his chair was his last bit of independence.:sad2:

I may be being laid off in the next few weeks, permanently unfortunately, but at least I'd be able to stay home and care for him all the time as it's getting to be too much for his mother; our other option is sending him to the hospice facility which is just fine but we'd of course prefer to keep him at home if at all possible.

Here's hoping that 2009 is a little kinder to everyone than 2008 has been.

I am sorry to hear the new trials you both have been going through. I will keep you both in my prayers. I admire you both so much!!!

Jim was admitted to Hospice House this afternoon - his hands and arms are swollen, his speech has gotten much harder to understand, and he's using oxygen. He says he's comfortable though, and the place is spotless, staff seems really caring, I don't know how much longer we've got together but I'm going to treasure every moment.

Jim was admitted to Hospice House this afternoon - his hands and arms are swollen, his speech has gotten much harder to understand, and he's using oxygen. He says he's comfortable though, and the place is spotless, staff seems really caring, I don't know how much longer we've got together but I'm going to treasure every moment.

:hug:

I've thought about you both this holiday season. It's nice to know that the staff is caring. Please take care of yourself and enjoy your time together. :hug:

Can't find the right words so i shall send you all some BIG Koala cuddles from 'down under'.

Thinking of you.
Trish

I am glad he is comfortable and you are with him. You both have been in my thoughts so often and my daily prayers. I have to tell you I love hospice. They will help you take excellant care of him. Enjoy your time and know that many people are praying for you!!!!!!! Keep us posted.

Elfstar, thinking of you and your hubby... stay close and be together and let them help you... There are special places in heaven for Hospice workers, I do not know how they do it, but they do. We are thinking of you. Hugs

Jim was admitted to Hospice House this afternoon - I don't know how much longer we've got together but I'm going to treasure every moment.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You truly are a very special person.
:hug: :worship:

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes - you help me realize that I will get through this tough time and go on to help somebody else do the same. You've all been in my shoes in one way of another!

Jim's hanging in there for now, I'm off to bed cause I'm BEAT!

You are an amazing, inspiring woman. I have a world of respect for you. I'm keeping you and Jim in my thoughts and wishing you both strength and peace.

:hug:

Keeping you both in my prayers. I too have the upmost respect for Hospice angels, they were a blessing to our family while dad was at their home.

Remember to also take care of yourself, get rest, drink your water and have some healthy meals to keep up your strength.

Jim passed away peacefully in his sleep very early this morning at Hospice House.

Elfstar I am SO SORRy for your loss. I know words aren't meaning much right now but please know you are being prayed for. I am grateful for the fact he isn't suffering anymore. It is awesome that you were able to get married, go to WDW once more and have another Christmas together. Please hold onto those memories in these tough days. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing. All my thoughts and prayers are being sent your way.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can take comfort in your memories. Please keep posting here. It really does help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter