Destination castle cake

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by Tiggerific04, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Tiggerific04

Tiggerific04 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how much it is to upgrade from the standard intimate cake to this custom cake? Thanks! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jasnal

jasnal Mouseketeer

I was wondering the same thing b/c I wanted to upgrade my cake to the same....the destination wedding cake

4. Skylarr29

Skylarr29 <font color=blue>Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy

I have heard that the 'credit' for the standard cake is around $295 - 300. I think the destination castle cake is around $800 or so and feeds 50 people minimum.

5. Cinderella Fan

Cinderella Fan Disney Bride!! December 2006

We uprgraded our cake from the standard intimate cake - the "credit" is only $250.

We paid almost $300, including the white chocolate castle, and had a "custom" cake (one that was not on the CD). You can see the snowflakes on the cake in this pic. It was large enough to feed 35.

[​IMG]

6. luvsmickey

luvsmickey Mouseketeer

We're upgrading to a Custom cake. Our Upgrade price is around $375. This is what our cake will look like, but the bottom layer's pattern will match the pattern of my gown!
    [​IMG]
    And the Turrets will be Gold, they said that was not extra. Hope this helps!:thumbsup2

7. IntheKnow

IntheKnow Mouseketeer

Your upgrade fee depends on what size of a cake you want for your intimate wedding.

If you want the 3 tier cake, then it will be priced as a custom cake (a per person price with a design minimum),minus the standard charge for the 2 tier intimate cake.

If you do not have a large number of guests to serve(30 or less), ask your EM for an upgrade fee for the custom cake design you like, based on the intimate cake size.

8. Tiggerific04

Tiggerific04 DIS Veteran

Oooh, I like this one! Do you have a larger pic?

9. Raspberry Bubbles

Raspberry Bubbles I was Cinderella for the day!

What a beautiful cake! It looks so delicate - and delicious!! :)

10. Maggimus

Maggimus DIS Veteran

I completely agree-- I could go for some wedding cake right now:flower3: !

11. Raspberry Bubbles

Raspberry Bubbles I was Cinderella for the day!

Me too! Mmmm! I can't wait to see that CD with all those cakes on it! I can't remember the last time I had cake......! :sad1:

12. luvsmickey

luvsmickey Mouseketeer

Sorry, it's the only one I have! Good luck picking out your cake! That was a hard decision for me, hope you have an easier time! :thumbsup2

13. Tiggerific04

Tiggerific04 DIS Veteran

Thanks... I sent that pic and another one to my coordinator and now I'm just waiting for some price quotes from the bakery :cool1:

14. luvsmickey

luvsmickey Mouseketeer

Cool! Good luck!;)