Dessert Party Questions

ShanaMouse

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!
As of recent, i have been thinking about having a dessert party the night of our wedding but just had a few questions:
1. How far in advance can these be booked?
2. What venues are available for dessert parties?
3. Does anyone know the different prices/minimums for the locations?
4. If you are having/had a DP, do you mind sharing the menu you chose and the cost per person?

Thanks everyone!

Hi everyone!
As of recent, i have been thinking about having a dessert party the night of our wedding but just had a few questions:
4. If you are having/had a DP, do you mind sharing the menu you chose and the cost per person?

Thanks everyone!

There are a wide variety of venues, depending on which fireworks/ show you want to view and how many guests will be in your party.

There are a variety of viewing areas yoy can book around the World Showcase that can house between 5-100 guests.

You can also have a Wishes fireworks dessert party outside the Grand Floridian.

And you can also book a dessert party at DHS to view Fantasmic.

I don't know about the price minimums-they differ for different venues I think. You would need to ask when you call.

Hi Shana,
Do you have Carrie Hayward's book, Passporter's Disney Weddings and Honeymoons? Highly recommend it! It has a lot of the information you're looking for in it. I've used it a ton in my planning, and I'm actually going to be using it to answer some of your questions below ;)

Just a quick preface: I'm a DCL bride, so I am not sure if booking times differ between wedding categories.

For DCL brides that want to add an event at WDW, the booking window is 8 months out from the date of the event.
I notified my DCL planner at 1 year that I was interested in having a DP. She then put me in touch with a wedding consultant at DFTW, who asked a few preliminary questions (the number of guests I expected and the date I was hoping for), and said she would put me on her calendar to contact at 8 months out. When that date came around, she let me know what venues were available After we decided, she created a LOA for us, and then we were transferred to an event coordinator. The event coordinator has been our primary point of contact since then (she helped us plan the menu and the bar, put us in touch with someone from Disney Floral for the decor, and written up our BEO).

1. Illuminations: Canada (Overlook), UK (Lochside aka Lower Terrace or Terrace aka Upper Terrace), France (Terrace des Fleurs, Eau de France, or Rue de Paris), Morocco (Oasis), Japan (Bonsai Terrace), Italy (Isola West Plaza or Italy Isola), Africa (Outpost Overlook) are the primary places. Some smaller DP venues are also available that are standing room only (Parisian Point, Kazbah Point, or Vikings Landing)
  2. Wishes: Grand Floridian (Sago Cay Point or Marina Patio & Terrace), Contemporary (Porte-Cochere or West Rotunda Courtyard/Patio)
  3. Fantasmic: Small Patio, Large Patio or Both Patios

1. Illuminations: Canada (Overlook: 20-50 people, F&b min of $460, venue fee of $335), UK (Lochside aka Lower Terrace: 20-70 people, F&b min of $460, venue fee of $335 or Terrace aka Upper Terrace: 50 + people, F&b min of $460, venue fee of $250), France (Terrace des Fleurs: 20-50 people, F&b min of $1,150, venue fee of $335, Eau de France: 50+ people, F&b min of $1,150, venue fee of $335, or Rue de Paris: 20-100 people, F&b min of $460, venue fee of $335), Morocco (Oasis: 20-60 people, F&b min of $460, venue fee of $285), Japan (Bonsai Terrace: 10 or fewer people, F&b min of $230, venue fee of $185), Italy (Isola West Plaza: 20-125 people, F&b min of $460, venue fee of $335 or Italy Isola: 100-150 people, F&b min of $2,300, venue fee of $585), Africa (Outpost Overlook: 10-20 people, F&b min of $230, venue fee of $250) are the primary places. Some smaller DP venues are also available that are standing room only (Parisian Point: 10-20 people, F&b min of $230, venue fee of $250, Kazbah Point: 10-25 people, F&b min of $335, venue fee of $250, or Vikings Landing: 10-25 people, F&b min of $230, venue fee of $335)
  2. Wishes: Grand Floridian (Sago Cay Point: up to 75 people, F&b min of $1,250, no venue fee or Marina Patio & Terrace: up to 20-300 people, F&b min of $2,500, no venue fee), Contemporary (Porte-Cochere: 50-500 people, F&b min of $1,000, no venue fee or West Rotunda Courtyard/Patio: 20-80 people, F&b min of $500, no venue fee)
  3. Fantasmic: Small Patio (up to 40 people, F&b min of $750, venue fee of $250), Large Patio (40-100 people, F&b min of $750, venue fee of $250) or Both Patios (F&b min of $1,500, venue fee of $500)

A couple of additional things to keep in mind:
-$50 small party fee for private catered events less than 20 people
-$12.95 per person viewing fee for each guest who does not have admission at in park events
-$85 setup fee included in the venue renal fee
-$500 to have Wishes piped in for up to 50 guests, $650 for up to 150 guests

We decided to have a Wishes DP as Sago Cay Point. We're having roughly 40 guests (still ironing out final numbers), and our custom menu is $39 pp (based on 1.5 hours of service):
-Bananas Foster Station
-Key Lime Pie Tarts
-Brown Derby Grapefruit Cake
-Chocolate Covered Strawberries
-Sunshine Food Fair Strawberry Shortcake
-Mini chocolate mousses
-Mini tiramisu
Individually wrapped Mickey head rice crispy treats ($3.95 each) will be distributed at the conclusion of meal service.

We're also doing a bar (BOC with premium brands + bottles of champagne) and having the Wishes soundtrack piped in+ iPod Setup for background music

Hope this all helps!! :) Thanks to Carrie for all the great info in her book!

Thanks so much for all of the information, its greatly appreciated! I do have Carries book but its on the computer i currently don't have access too. Thank you again so much!!

Here is our menu

Mickey Rice Crispy Treats

Mini Fruit Tarts

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Squares

Wild Berry and Grand Marnier Cream Cheese Crêpes served with Vanilla Bean Sauce and Mandarin Oranges (action station)

Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate and Ice Filtered Tap Water
$28++ per Guest

Our menu from last weekend:

Boston Cream Cupcakes

Butterscotch Blondies

Marshmallow Squares with Chocolate Chips

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

Coffee, Teas and Fruit Punch

The Blondies and Red Velvet Whoopie Pies were all my guests talked about!

How many are in your party and will they all have admission into the Magic Kingdom? If so, have you thought about booking the Wishes Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace? It's $25 per person and is all you care to eat desserts (whatever is standard there) but I remember:

rice krispy treats, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate cheesecake, truffles, ice cream, and fruit

with unlimited hot chocolate, tea, lemonade, coffee, milk, etc.

What is the number to call to book one of these? I am doing it independently and need the department that does this and their direct number to call and book it for me. Thanks for any help you can give!!

Hope this all helps!! :) Thanks to Carrie for all the great info in her book!

Glad you found it helpful! :goodvibes

What is the number to call to book one of these? I am doing it independently and need the department that does this and their direct number to call and book it for me. Thanks for any help you can give!!

To book a private dessert party, contact Disney Catered Events at 321-939-7278. To book the public Wishes dessert party at the Magic Kingdom, call Disney Dining at 407-939-3463.

Lurky - do you have any pics of the fantasmic parties? I'm also interested in the timeline involved. I'm most likely going with a Swan late morning wedding and then a dessert party that evening in street clothes.

Thank you so much! I'd been scouring the internet trying to find some!
Love your book, loving the podcast (I've only listened to one so far, but I'm sure I'll get to all of them) and loved following your wedding way back when! :thumbsup2

The detail on pricing and locations of Dessert Party has me super pumped about planning our 25th wedding Anniversary! So if I'm reading this correct, if we did a up to 40 people and either do the small or large patio for Fantasmic the price would be $750 Food and Beverage and $250 set-up fee? Also, does anyone have a complete list of desserts available for parties lately? Can soda be added to an event? What if rain comes into play? Are we out of luck $$ wise? I truly thought the prices would be around the 2 thousand or higher for a dessert party. ANY anwsers would be awesome.;)

Thank you so much! I'd been scouring the internet trying to find some!
Love your book, loving the podcast (I've only listened to one so far, but I'm sure I'll get to all of them) and loved following your wedding way back when! :thumbsup2

So if I'm reading this correct, if we did a up to 40 people and either do the small or large patio for Fantasmic the price would be $750 Food and Beverage and $250 set-up fee?

Yes, plus 6.5% tax and 21% service fee. Also, that's a minimum food and beverage chargethe menu you select may cost more.

Also, does anyone have a complete list of desserts available for parties lately?

Menus are completely customizable, you can really ask for anything. They've been sending out these old Epcot menus lately as they wait for the 2013 dessert menus to become available: http://disneyave.com/menus/WDW/Epcot_Dessert_All_v22512.pdf

Can soda be added to an event?

Yes, you would need to add a bar, either package of bill-on-consumption (which is almost always cheaper). Bar packages are here: http://www.disneycateredmenus.com/menus/WED/WED_Bar_Package_Hosted_v120811.pdf

What if rain comes into play? Are we out of luck $$ wise?

They will move your dessert party to an indoor location. With IllumiNations you still get to go out and watch in the rain. With Fantasmic! the show has more of a chance of being cancelled, so all you'd do is eat desserts inside.

Planning to have a dessert party in 2014. Are there any black out dates like there is with the MK shoot? Also if it rains how long does it take for cleaners to clean dress so I know when to schedule the MK shoot in case the worse happens?

Thanks.

If you are asking about DP blackout dates - I can tell you that Saturdays during Food and Wine Festival are blocked out in 2013. I assume it will be similar in 2014 (not sure when your wedding is).

If you are asking about DP blackout dates - I can tell you that Saturdays during Food and Wine Festival are blocked out in 2013. I assume it will be similar in 2014 (not sure when your wedding is).

Thanks, we are looking at October 2014 on a weekday (escape, want wishes but noit enough guests) and the 2 most important things to me are the Illuminations dessert party and the MK shoot.

We have now narrowed our DP down to an Illuminations DP. I have looked at Robo's maps and still need a little help with locations around the world showcase. Anyone know how to get of hold of Robo, and have him highlight the viewing areas around the world showcase? I'm going to try and personal message him tomorrow. Thanks to Robo in advance if he's able to help!

Is it just Epcot dessert parties that are blacked out during the Food and Wine festival?

Are the dessert party menus the same for all locations?

Does anyone have any more info on Fantasmic or Contemporary Resort DPs?

Thank you! :goodvibes

We have now narrowed our DP down to an Illuminations DP. I have looked at Robo's maps and still need a little help with locations around the world showcase. Anyone know how to get of hold of Robo, and have him highlight the viewing areas around the world showcase? I'm going to try and personal message him tomorrow. Thanks to Robo in advance if he's able to help!

I have photos of all the Epcot dessert party locations here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/wdw-venue-photos/

Is it just Epcot dessert parties that are blacked out during the Food and Wine festival?

Yes.

Are the dessert party menus the same for all locations?

Pretty much. They give out Epcot's menus as a starting point, but you can completely customize any menu, so they don't really bother with separate menus for each park/resort anymore.

Does anyone have any more info on Fantasmic or Contemporary Resort DPs?

All the info for Fantasmic! is in this post: http://disneytravelbabble.com/blog/2011/08/02/private-party-locations-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

At the Contemporary, dessert party food and beverage minimums are $1,000 for the Porte-Cochére and $500 for the Courtyard/Patio; there are no venue rental fees or setup fees. Photos can be found HERE and HERE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter