Dessert Party NYE at MK

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by MattDisney, Jul 6, 2014.

1. MattDisney

MattDisney Mouseketeer

Anyone know the time for this. The reservation says 6:20 but I know that's not right. Also, is it the same as all other dessert parties or is something extra served? Thanks!

2. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Had a Hokey Pokey addiction, but I shook it.

1) It always lists 6:20pm, until the fireworks schedule is published.
    2) Count upon 1ΒΌ-hrs prior to the fireworks (1st show if two on a night) of the evening.

3. ChrisMM

ChrisMM Earning My Ears

The one I booked was for 11:10PM. When I called, the CM on the phone originally told me that there was nothing available at 11:10 and that it was for the regular 6:30. But when she investigated it farther (by searching the venue), she saw that there was seating available at 11:10.

In short, if you call, ask them to search by venue and look into the 11:10PM dessert party if you want the one that brings in the new year. The 6:30PM one is for Wishes.

My understanding is it's the regular dessert party with a sparkling beverage (but not wine or champagne).

Hope this helps!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. MattDisney

MattDisney Mouseketeer

Thanks for the replies. I don't think one of my kids can do the late showing. I was hoping the earlier show would be the New Years fireworks too. Maybe not. I hate to pay twice the price for the same fireworks I could do another night.

6. Skywise

Skywise DIS Veteran

The two shows are completely different.

Holiday Wishes is a Wishes variation set to holiday music.

The New Year's Eve fireworks are a fireworks countdown to the new year.

7. DisneyFansInLINY

DisneyFansInLINY DIS Veteran

I want to book Dec. 30. Do you have to call to book?

8. Skywise

Skywise DIS Veteran

Yes.

There seems to be some confusion on the part of the CMs about there being TWO fireworks parties that night. The schedule is showing both a Holiday Wishes at 7:30 (which will probably change to 8:30 because that's what it's been before) and a "NYE" fireworks show at 11:45 (which is shown on 12/30 and 12/31) If you get a 6:30 time slot you'll have a reservation for the Holiday Wishes show even if the CM says you've got a reservation for the NYE show. If you want to see the later show, you need to have a reservation for around 11pm. To get THAT, tell the CM to "search the venue" for an 11pm reservation and that should let them reserve a spot at that time.

The CM's may give you a spiel about how the 6:30 time is going to change and that that's why you're not getting the 11pm time. That's the right answer to the wrong question! ;) That refers to the fact that DW hasn't quite figured out the times for the fireworks later in the year yet so they're just saying "6:30" for everything and will set the correct time later!

9. MattDisney

MattDisney Mouseketeer

Thanks. We really wanted the early one. It looks like we have the correct reservation. Thanks!

10. mudman

mudman DIS Veteran

I've asked them to search by venue. Still nothing :(