Dessert Party lover...disappointed this trip.

I went in October of 2014. The view was good and it wasn't crazy crowded on the railing.

However, the desserts were lacking. Not many options, not very good, and everything felt somewhat the "same". On top of that, people were just disgusting with the amount of items they would put on their plates and then never ate. Made me sad to see so much food tossed and wasted.

Wait til they start charging $50 for those desserts...people are going to be stuffing them into their pockets and bags. ;)

We did the fastpass viewing area for Wishes last month and stood in the section that was closest to the Tomorrowland Terrace. We had a much better view than they did, in my opinion, and it was free. ;)

We went on April 25th and actually had just the opposite experience. We had a great table and didn't even have to go up to the railing (although it wasn't more than 1 deep) to see the castle projections and the fireworks. I definitely ate my monies worth in chocolate covered strawberries alone :) and the coffee was great too! It was very relaxing to just sit back and enjoy the fireworks without being poked in the ribs.

I've attended the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party 3 times now (maybe 4?) and last week helped me realize that I won't be very sad once they jack up the price. They are now cramming more people into it than there should be, and construction is currently blocking the castle.

I was extremely disappointed when I noticed that you could see less than half the castle due to construction walls, I know this is temporary but it kind of negates the reason for the dessert party.

In years past, we were able to enjoy desserts and then go to the rail when the show started, well this year there were so many people jammed into the balcony that they started staking claims on the rail 45 minutes before Wishes. I started booking this party because I wanted to enjoy Wishes with my family without having to jockey for position or camp out...that is now gone. We were 3-4 deep along the whole rail and there were several people who gave up and decided to only see the sky part of the show so they sat back at their tables. I had a party of 11 that was crammed on a traditionally "8-top" table and there was about 2 feet between us and the next table that was equally crammed.

This was a nice family tradition that I'll be sad to see go. I understand Disney needs to make money, so I can't fault them for that...but if they continue to pack it that tight, and almost double the price then I won't feel bad not going again.

Sadly, your bad experience would have been an improvement over mine. It was storming on our dessert party night, and Wishes was delayed.

And delayed.

And delayed.

And delayed.

After an hour and a half past the scheduled time (over 2 hours at the dessert party), we left. We hadn't planned on staying past Wishes, we were water-logged and defeated and tired, and the whole situation just did not look hopeful. The next night, we found out they finally shot off the fireworks just before park closing at midnight.

Such a bust. Such a disappointment. I know weather is an immovable thing, but it's a cautionary tale on why to think twice about the booking this. The desserts are SO not worth it.

team_america_kino.jpg

Heck yeah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter