Dessert Party lover...disappointed this trip.

This really reminds me of when my daughter did the Alice tea party in 2008. It was a great experience and was only $28. After that trip I commented that it was the best bargain in all of Disney.

When we booked the next year...... it was $43. Oy.

Damn! I didn't know it doubled!

The announcement seemed to imply that they are upgrading it but all I can figure out is that they are putting tablecloths on the tables and adding cheese? Oh and one flute of sparkling Apple juice.

The announcement seemed to imply that they are upgrading it but all I can figure out is that they are putting tablecloths on the tables and adding cheese? Oh and one flute of sparkling Apple juice.

Maybe they consider "adding more guests" to be an upgrade. ;)

When you look at what they charge for other similar dessert buffets and/or packages they do, the price on the Wishes buffet was not on par with those. The only difference being alcohol is served with I believe most if not all of the others (talking Frozen dessert buffet, Illuminations, etc...) I realize that's a draw for some, but it's still pretty tough to justify keeping the Wishes buffet at half the price of the others. Honestly, I'd take a chair and table to sit over a glass of champagne any day of the week. I don't like paying double the price anymore than anyone else, but I can see why they raised it. Time will tell how successful they are with the new price, but if it works like everything else does- they'll do just fine at the newer rate.

We've now done the dessert party twice- once in 2011 for Mum's 50th and back in March for my 21st and both times we've had a good experience with crowds. The desserts are just so-so however. Not worth $50 per person just to eat some luckluster dessert and watch fireworks. I'll see you in Fantasyland with a Mickey rice krispie treat or Frontierland with a Dole Whip swirl.

$53 for adults and $31 for children
Old price was $25 and $13
That is ridiculous. Twenty five dollars was stretching it, doubling the price is out-right crazy. :crazy2: When we did it, I thought $25 was steep for tables inches away from each other and mediocre desserts.

Well, you can't do this without increasing prices and jamming more people in:

"operating income at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts increased 24 percent, to $566 million, in part because of higher ticket prices for theme parks and cruise lines."

When you look at what they charge for other similar dessert buffets and/or packages they do, the price on the Wishes buffet was not on par with those. The only difference being alcohol is served with I believe most if not all of the others (talking Frozen dessert buffet, Illuminations, etc...) I realize that's a draw for some, but it's still pretty tough to justify keeping the Wishes buffet at half the price of the others. Honestly, I'd take a chair and table to sit over a glass of champagne any day of the week. I don't like paying double the price anymore than anyone else, but I can see why they raised it. Time will tell how successful they are with the new price, but if it works like everything else does- they'll do just fine at the newer rate.
If you sit at your table during Wishes, you won't see anything other than the Tomorrowland Terrace ceiling and all the people at the rail.

If you sit at your table during Wishes, you won't see anything other than the Tomorrowland Terrace ceiling and all the people at the rail.

Yes...but I don't have to stand while I'm eating or worse yet, sit on the ground juggling plates and drinks with a 3 yr old wandering around because he doesn't have a chair to confine him in. I'm perfectly happy to just have to stand at the rail to see the show.

Sounds like with the new prices, the only time to actually spend the money would be for special events fireworks, MVMCP, MNSSHP, New Years, etc. By comparison to those, Wishes is not overly generous with the fireworks. This is the same rational I used for the EPCOT fireworks boat viewing. Do it over Christmas when they have the added Holiday finale, otherwise, meh.

$53 for adults and $31 for children
Old price was $25 and $13

That is insane. The dessert party was always just a one and done type of thing for us. we actually prefer getting a dessert at Main street bakery and enjoying the view from the street.

We did the dessert party the very first month it opened. while it was good they did pack people in more than my comfort zone. In fact my family and a few other guest got together to rearrange some tables. they were so close that every time you got up to get a refill your backside was in some bodies face. lol.

Well, if they double the price, they can have half the number of customers attending and still come out with more profit from it.

Here is the cellphone picture that a CM took for us (no photopass photographer this time :() Tree and box in the way of a large part of the castle. I don't remember a tree two years ago, but it might have been there. This box was new and had a screen of some sort in it...maybe to run the show temporarily during construction?? The desserts were still good, as was the coffee...but this helps me not be sad to say goodbye when the prices double. We were about in the middle of the railing, other spots filled up fast, probably where there was less obstruction.

castle.png

Darn it! I guess I will mark this off of our list for December. I can't see spending $300 plus for desserts...ugh! We were so looking forward to this.

Darn it! I guess I will mark this off of our list for December. I can't see spending $300 plus for desserts...ugh! We were so looking forward to this.

I choked a little at spending $200 plus for Illuminations, but we didn't do it for the desserts. We did it for the convenience factor- didn't end up liking it but, if I was focusing on the desserts only, I wouldn't even pay the $25 rate.

I went in October of 2014. The view was good and it wasn't crazy crowded on the railing.

However, the desserts were lacking. Not many options, not very good, and everything felt somewhat the "same". On top of that, people were just disgusting with the amount of items they would put on their plates and then never ate. Made me sad to see so much food tossed and wasted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter