• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deputies search for suspect at DTD

mitros

<font color=red>I'm not nuts, I just appear to be<
A threat to a bus driver led to a massive search on DTD property Saturday morning as Orange county deputies swarmed the area looking for the suspect who may have been armed.
A Mears bus driver was making stops for the company between 8:30 and 9:00 AM in the morning when a man came out of the bus restroom and pulled a gun on her.
He demanded that she take him to DTD. The driver complied with his demand and dropped him off in the area, then called 911.
The driver described the gunman as being upset, and she was not sure when he got on the bus.
Deputies with canines and shotguns descended on the west side of DTD as they looked for the suspect around several of the venues, including Cirgue du Soleil, the AMC theatres, and DQ. The sheriffs helicopter also joined the search.
Witnesses reported that bus service and water transport was shut down in in the area while the search was conducted.
The search was called off just before noon when they failed to find the suspect.

Not to make too light of a serious situation, but I can't resist.... ;)

Apparently he didn't get the memo that the closure of PI was supposed to result in the lowering of gangs and crime in DTD.

i was in the AMC with my daughter during this.... the lights went on ten seconds into HSM3... I thought it was part of the movie or some kind of prank until about 2 minutes later when a staff member came in to say they had "complications".... upon trying to leave the theatre about 10 minutes later, they would not let anyone out... about 30 minutes later, Orange County came through the theatre performing their search... we saw the movie, and herd all the real news later that day...good thing we didn't know the truth , we would have freaked out............btw, HSM3 was great

Yup, it's a lot safer out at DTD now that the clubs have closed.

BobK/Orlando

Hey, maybe the suspect hadn't heard that PI was closed down yet, and thought he would go to his favorite hangout, but left when he saw it was closed......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter