Departure Flight

Back40

Earning My Ears
We are booked on the March 30, 2012 Western Carribean Magic Cruise. This is our first time cruising with DCL and we are very excited. I originally booked our departure flights for 12:05 p.m. out of MCO. We are using Disny Transportation. I think the website said something about no flights before 12? So I knew that when I orginally booked the flights I was cutting it close.

Well, I just got a flight change notification from the airline and they are moving our flight up to 11:45. I know it is only twenty minutes earlier, but it could be a very costly 20 mins. Does anyone have experience trying to catch an early flight on departure day? Should I change my flight (since I can because they moved it)? Thanks for the info.

You will have no problem. DCL actually books people on 11:30 flights. We have been at MCO and "made" a 9:30 flight--we were booked on a 12:30 and when we were there early, the airline placed us on the earlier flight!

Assuming a normal Customs clearance, you can be off the ship as early as 7:30. You go thru Customs and onto the bus for a 45 minute ride to the airport. IF you are on a participating airline, DCL will have taken your bags the night before from outside your room, so you won't even have to check bags at the airport; if not, you'll check in your bags, go thru security, and to your gate. I don't want to minimize that; you DO want to show up 2 hours before flight time.

I agree with the others. You will be just fine. Our flights usually leave around 11:00-11:30 and we make it in pleanty of time.

Or flight left at 12:30 and we had so much time to kill at the airport even after a relaxing last breakfast at topsiders. No problem.

Last November we heeded Disney"s advice, and instead of booking the 11:50 a.m. flight home, we booked the 12:45 p.m. flight, which was changed to the 1:15 p.m., then the 1:45 p.m. and then eventually took off after 2:00 p.m. so that we arrived home in the middle of NYC area rush hour traffic.

Even waiting to get off the boat late (eating breakfast in Cabanas) and taking our time getting to the gate, we arrived at 10:50 a.m., in plenty of time to take the 11:50 a.m. flight if our luggage hadn't already been checked for the later flight.

Yes, you should have no problem making your flight.

We had a flight moved up to 11:50. We panicked for nothing, we got to the airport with plenty of time to spare. I would think a lot of things would have to go wrong in order to keep you from getting there on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter