Denise's Happy, Healthy,Healing Journal-Posts welcome

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted in over a week! We've celebrated birthdays (with way too much eating) saw the Lion King (awesome), celebrated my future DIL landing a teaching job, and just a bunch of other busy things.

Time for me to get back on track. The weather has gotten slightly cooler in our area, so I plan to get out and walk in the evening. We'll be taking a mini-vaca later in the week at the Jersey Shore. I LOVE to walk on the beach early in the morning, so that will be fun! I just have to avoid all those boardwalk treats. Yeah right!

It's also time for me to schedule annual dr. appts, blood work, dental visits etc. Yuck! I really am kind of phobic and sqeamish when it comes to all that. Guess I'll start with the less traumatic and work up from there.

I do apologize to those of you whose journals I haven't visited lately. I'll get back into the swing of things and stop by to say hello. Have a great Sunday everyone and keep your goals in mind...you're worth it! Denise

Welcome back!! Glad to hear you liked the Lion King. It's one of my favourites! I hear you about celebrating birthdays!! It's so hard to stay on track! Sounds like you're on track with your plans to walk and your upcoming trip. Have a great week!!

I realized that today is only 2 months to the AHA walk on Oct.7. We'll be returning from our vacation to the Outer Banks and Busch Gardens on the first. It will be nice to do some "training" on the beaches in North Carolina.

Well, with that said, I walked 4.4 miles...at the mall during lunch and around the neighborhood this evening. I need to step up my training and walk whenever possible. Wearing a pedometer has really helped as an incentive. Its amazing how the steps add up just by doing everyday activities.

I started leafing thru an old Prevention Magazine book on walking . It's really a good source for those on walking programs. It has a daily log and lists different programs for varied fitness goals. I'm going to use it as I countdown to Oct. 7.I think I'll go read it now and get motivated!!!!

Have a good Tuesday everyone! Keep cool!

Hello Denise!

Just thought I'd send you a note to give you some support with all those appointments. It is our time to do all that as well. Next week 2 doctors, one hair, following week has 2 eye and the last week before school has all 4 going to the dentist!

Enjoy a bit of what is left of the summer!

Wendy

Hello Denise!

Thanks for the note on my journal! You are right, it does help to have support from those in the same situation! I need to get back on track! But reality sometimes get in the way, and sitting in front of the computer is one of the things that gets neglected! School starts soon, and then a more relaxing schedule will magically become apparent! :goodvibes

Great losses to you!

Wendy

I know this is off topic, but Spirit Airlines is offering $16.00 fares to Orlando. I tried to get my hubby and daughter to go with me Sept.2-5, but they won't budge. DH says its too hot and DD says its her 2nd wedding anniversary on the 4th. Darn, darn, darn. I also tried the solo suggestion, but DH is worried about that. He promises me that we'll take advantage of one of those spur of the moment offers in the future. We have 3 day WDW passes remaining, and a Sea World -Busch Gardens annual pass which is good until Feb. Oh well, guess I'll have to get over this and move on. It was fun planning my imaginary trip for a couple of hours.

Hope everyone is doing well with their health and fitness quests. We won't talk about mine right now. Tomorrow brings a brand new day!

Its funny how a vacation can throw a healthy eating plan off track. We went down the shore for 3 days last week and I just blew any good habits that I had and just ate whatever I pleased. The only thing that I did that was good for me was walk on the beach. Then I came back to the job-related stress and just continued with the same pattern. Ugh!

Well now its a new week and I have new resolve. I have 5 weeks to prepare for our trip to the Outer Banks. I have to wear a bathing suit every day, and that's not the prettiest picture you'd want to see. We have both a pool and a hot tub at the house and miles of beautiful beaches that I can't pass up. I just love the shore! A bathing suit should be the least of my worries and being healthier a priority!

DH is at work right now. Yeah for OT! My son and his intended will be here around 11, so I'll be making some type of brunch. Today, I will take 1 minute at a time, record what I eat and stay in my calorie range. Ther's a yard sale around the corner that I might just have to visit also.

Make it a beautiful day everyone, have fun, and be healthy!

In your last post, your attitude is so positive!!! :thumbsup2 It's people like you who help me stay on track. Thank you! I just know you'll lose weight before your big trip and you'll enjoy the beaches and hottub with a smile on your face. Regardless of how many pounds you lose by then, you'll know that you're becoming healthier and happier. Way to go!! Hope you had a great time with your family.

Hey CJK...a belated thank you for stopping by. I've recently made a decision to be happier and more positive!!! It's so easy to get caught up in negative talk at work with everyone in bad moods and stressed about their work load etc. I found myself getting grumpy and old, and also bringing that mood home with me. I'm 53 and don't want to think of myself as an old f*rt. (Is that word allowed?) Hopefully I have many happy, and healthy years ahead of me. Hubby and I keep talking about retirement and the things we'd like to do, but I thought...why wait? Financially, we can't retire now but we can sure try to live a happy and somewhat carefree life. I don't mean to sound irresponsible, but I am really trying not to sweat the small stuff.

Well. enough said. The weekend is here and its time to have some fun. I'm enjoying a glass of wine and the Dis, what could be better? Hopefully tomorrow we'll take a ride to Chesapeake City and have lunch at the Chesapeake Inn. They always have outdoor entertainment so its a great way to spend a couple of hours. The town also has some quaint shops to browse about.

Everyone have a super weekend, and when you're feeling a little down, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again!

Hi Denise! Just couldn't believe you weren't able to convince anyone to go. I have gone in Sept, and it is HOT! Storms everyday. Perhaps next time!

Have a great weekend!

Wendy

I hope you were able to enjoy your day in Chesapeake city! Good job trying to feel better by living life as if you're already retired! We should all live more like that. Thanks for your encouraging words. Here's to a great weekend for you too!

Hi DisDee! I've been on the WISH board, but today was my first trip over here to the journals. Your experience of your knee going out scared the bejeezus out of me! I'm about your age, and I love my solo trips to WDW. An experience like that could seriously hamper my trips. You've just given me added motivation to lose weight (10 lbs gone, 10 to go), eat healthier, and keep in shape. And I think it's a great idea to sign up for a walk for a cause you feel is important. It serves as added motivation, too. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one. Thanks for some great motivation!

Hey Simba's Mom...thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it when others take the time to post on my journal! It's so nice to know that we're all in this together, and really does help with the motivation factor.

My laptop had to be sent out for repair, so I've been using our really slow old desktop for the past few days. I've used that as an excuse for not journaling on Calorie King. No more excuses, I'm back to journaling tomorrow, slow computer or not. My weight loss has stalled. I'm about 18 lbs. less than my all-time high weight, but I really need to jump-start another weight drop. I also need to move more. Seems like I waste alot of my lunch hours playing on the computer or running errands, when I should be using the time more wisely for ME.

The stress at work has lessened a little , which is a great thing. I actually left work today with just a couple of minor unfinished projects which is highly unusual. Most days I leave a mountain of papers on my desk. Thank heaven for little miracles!

Everyone, have a great Thursday! We're getting close to the long weekend!

Glad to hear the stress at work has lessened a bit. Hopefully you'll have some more time to focus on YOU! :goodvibes

I know what you mean about the computer!! It can be so addictive. Sometimes I think I spend too much time on it too, but then, I wouldn't have met all you fine people!! What's a gal to do! :teeth:

Hope you have a great long weekend!

I can't believe that summer has "unofficially" come and gone...but I must say I do love autumn and the beautiful colors that it brings. Today is my early day at work, so I thought I would Dis a little before I hit the road. We should have a full department today with everyone back from vacation and family leave. It's a very good thing!!!!! Only 2 1/2 weeks till our vacation in the Outer Banks, I may need to start packing...that makes it seem closer.

I'm still holding steady with no additional weight loss (or gain which is good!) I need to plan some strategies for this week, like stocking up on some lunch foods for work. That's one of my biggest problems...not being prepared. I've started carrying my thermos with ice so that I can have really cold water to drink. I enjoy it so much more that way.

Hope everyone has a nice week...at least its a short one! Think thin and healthy!

Great to hear you made it thru the Labor Day weekend without gaining weight. That was my big fear. And like you. I have a vacation coming up-my other big weight fear!

Hey, Simba's Mom...looks like it's our time to do some serious dieting pre-vacation, cause I know when it comes to vaca, there's a lot of eating involved.I see you'll be staying at BCV, which is where we'll be in Jan. You'll have to give us the details. I'm jealous...I miss WDW!!!!

I can't believe summer's basically over either!!! I'm still in denial!

It sounds like you've got a great plan for the week. Being prepared is the only thing that works for me. Have a great week and happy packing!!

I did it! I stayed within my calorie range today and also exercised for 30 min. Hubby and I took an after-dinner walk at a local park. It has a 1 mile walking path and I wanted to set my pedometer. I was happy to find out that it was only slightly off. I think I'll give myself 2 stars today...1 for food and 1 for exercise. It may sound childish, but those stickers on my calendar are another form of motivation for me.

I plan to go to Curves after work tomorrow. I wonder if anyone will recognize me? LOL!!!!! My knees held up rather well this weekend when we moved our son to his new apartment, so I'm sure I'll be ok at Curves...as long as I do the workout carefully.

It feels great to have reached my goals for today. I wish I could say that everyday. I'm going to try to journal more regularly too...it really does help.

I also need to read some other journals-very motivating. I'll be stopping by soon. Thanks for reading my ramblings!

Congrats on staying on goal for food and exercise!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Isn't that feeling fantastic? I hope you enjoy Curves as well. Keep up the great work and have a great weekend!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter