Democrat calls for the Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo, it looks like Charlie Rangel touched a nerve. Imagine the gall of trying to interfere with the perfect Republican war: They don't have to fight in it and they don't have to pay for it. It doesn't get any better than that for the 101st keyboard division. (Thanks Lou).

Btw, the Pentagon plans to send some groups back to Iraq for their 3RD deployment. The Republican mantra: Better them than me. :lmao:

eclectics said:
I think we can disagree with each other without resorting to calling each other stupid.

I agree. But some people just can't help themselves. However, I agree with the Mayor in that it was an ignorant thing to say because there were plenty of Dems that voted for this war. Now they are trying to wring their hands of it.

BTW, I haven't reached the end of the internet yet so I can't say it was the most ignorant thing ever stated on the internet.

The Mayor said:
Well the draft worked so well during the Vietnam war when the Democrats controlled the Senate and House...like I said in another thread....two years will be just enough time for the Democrats to screw up and ruin any chance they might have had for the Presidency in 2008 :thumbsup2

Wow, nothing annoys a Republican more than asking them to step up to the plate and do more than just wave a flag and put a magnetic yellow ribbon on their car. I'd say they should put their money where their mouth is, but they don't want pay for this war either. :lmao:

Charade said:
I agree. But some people just can't help themselves. However, I agree with the Mayor in that it was an ignorant thing to say because there were plenty of Dems that voted for this war. Now they are trying to wring their hands of it.

BTW, I haven't reached the end of the internet yet so I can't say it was the most ignorant thing ever stated on the internet.
Hey, welcome back!

I don't think it is only Democrats fighting in the war. I have heard that the majority of the military is conservative...is that wrong?

And I know that lots of Democrats voted for it.

If I name call and laugh at others, will my post seem more intelligent?

Those of you who support the war who have teenage sons, do you support the draft? Why or why not? Why should or shouldn't your sons fight in Iraq?

Saffron said:
Those of you who support the war who have teenage sons, do you support the draft? Why or why not? Why should or shouldn't your sons fight in Iraq?

I don't have a teenage son. If a person supports the war, they should not force their beliefs on their child and make them feel obligated to engage in something that they may not feel the same about. In that same regard, if a person does not support the war, they should not try to stop their child from joining the service if it is what they wanted. I just don't agree with the arguement of dragging the children in the middle of the debate. :confused3 I understand that those against the war are trying to make a point by saying if you're not willing to offer your child as a sacrifice, then you have no business supporting the war. However, that reasoning just does not seem logical to me.

So will attending college not get you out of serving?

Will a high school education still be required to be in the military? (I'm sure no one would drop out of school to avoid military service.)

Will a positive drug test still get you booted from the military? (I'm also certain no one would smoke a couple of joints to avoid serving.)

Or would we end up with the upper classes still not proportionally represented and the standards of the US military lowered?

Dixie Luvr 98 said:
So will attending college not get you out of serving?

Will a high school education still be required to be in the military? (I'm sure no one would drop out of school to avoid military service.)

Will a positive drug test still get you booted from the military? (I'm also certain no one would smoke a couple of joints to avoid serving.)

Or would we end up with the upper classes still not proportionally represented and the standards of the US military lowered?

Those are really good points.

Saffron said:
I do not support a draft because the military says they don't need one. And they know better than I do what they need.

Since the military is totally voluntary, every kid should decide for himself if he wants to join the military. I have one that I may encourage to join.

I'm sick of all the hypocrits that cheer for everyone else to get their heads blown off, while they sit at home behind their keyboards ramming pork rinds down their throats, swilling Bud and waiting for the next NASCAR race to come on FOX.

It sure does change the complextion of things when it's your *** on the line and the next IED that goes off might have your name on it.

Anyone here that supports this war should be posting from the heart of Baghdad and not from East Jesus, Alabama. If your not of age then you should be sending your children or your grandchildren. You should be changing bed pans at the local VA or holding down a second job and sending the earnings to a veterans family that can't afford their meds. At the very least you should be helping to tend their graves at the local cemetary, it's the least you could do because you and all your neo-con bush loving friends helped put them there with your ignorance in the first place.

Judge Smails said:
I'm sick of all the hypocrits that cheer for everyone else to get their heads blown off, while they sit at home behind their keyboards ramming pork rinds down their throats, swilling Bud and waiting for the next NASCAR race to come on FOX..

That's just unnecessary.

Judge Smails said:
I'm sick of all the hypocrits that cheer for everyone else to get their heads blown off, while they sit at home behind their keyboards ramming pork rinds down their throats, swilling Bud and waiting for the next NASCAR race to come on FOX.

It sure does change the complextion of things when it's your *** on the line and the next IED that goes off might have your name on it.

Anyone here that supports this war should be posting from the heart of Baghdad and not from East Jesus, Alabama. If your not of age then you should be sending your children or your grandchildren. You should be changing bed pans at the local VA or holding down a second job and sending the earnings to a veterans family that can't afford their meds. At the very least you should be helping to tend their graves at the local cemetary, it's the least you could do because you and all your neo-con bush loving friends helped put them there with your ignorance in the first place.

I really, really think you need to go get a swig of that champagne.....before your head explodes. :lmao: :lmao:

Judge Smails said:

Wow, stereotype much?? :confused3

Judge Smails said:
Who cheers for everyone else to get their heads blown off?

I support the war, but have never eaten a pork rind, do not care for beer, and have never watched cars go around and around for more than about 20 seconds.

I don't live in Alabama, but my BIL, who supports the war and is in the middle east, came from Alabama. He does like beer, but I don't know about pork rinds. He doesn't watch car races. I don't know where that puts him on your scale.

ETA: I have "changed" bedpans at the VA. And I'll tell you that if you, yourself, headed down to the local VA and started spouting this crap, you'd find a bunch of old men trying to knock your block off. They'd probably lose, but they'd consider it worth fighting over.

Judge Smails said:

Bang down the gavel. Da judge has spoken! :thumbsup2

eclectics said:
I guess we'll just have to disagree about that.

I guess you're disagreeing without just about everyone, at least the authorities on the matter at hand. Nothing new though...

ignorant:

–adjective 1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Cool-Beans said:
Who cheers for everyone else to get their heads blown off?

I support the war, but have never eaten a pork rind, do not care for beer, and have never watched cars go around and around for more than about 20 seconds.

I don't live in Alabama, but my BIL, who supports the war and is in the middle east, came from Alabama. He does like beer, but I don't know about pork rinds. He doesn't watch car races. I don't know where that puts him on your scale.

Good than how about you/?
When are you signing up?

My husband was drafted in 1966.........by my mother.....ROFL..she signed the draft papers when they would send them out to each guy......to appear for testing........I could not believe that she would do that........HAHA. I mean she liked him and all......

I was lucky.....people didnt recognize her when they went to the draft board........THEN when the draft was decommissioned......she was sent to the IRS.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter