Deluxe Resort for 5 Adults

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by disneydee6, Dec 27, 2012.

1. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

My family has always stayed at the Beach Club, which we LOVE. We are a family of 5 adults. Our last stay was very crowded (we stayed in a garden view room and someone slept in a daybed), so we are looking to expand to more space. As much as I don't want to leave my precious BC, if there is a better way to use our money (without leaving deluxe category and not using DVC) we are willing to look into it. If anyone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear some ideas.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

both the CR and Polyn have more room - plus their daybed is a twin bed.

so would think you might be better off in either.

otherwise there is DVC or offsite

4. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

I didn't realize that the day beds were different in the deluxe resorts, I assume they were all the same.

And we don't go offsite, so that's not an option.

5. Princess on the Run

Princess on the Run Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

You can stay in the villas without buying or renting DVC. That's what we do.

6. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

You're extremely limited in your choices if you won't do DVC or offsite.

You could do a suite in one of the deluxes. That would give you more space.

Like the PP said, rooms at Poly or Contemporary are slightly larger, but I would think that 5 adults would still be a tight fit, not to mention...5 adults sharing 1 bathroom sounds like a nightmare to me.

7. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Our favorite is the Poly. We've stayed at both the Poly and BC and the Poly rooms are quite a bit larger and more spacious than those at the BC, IMO. The CR and GF are also good choices for a little more space over the BC rooms. Another option would be to look into a deluxe room at the WL. They are a little more expensive as they sleep 6 and are club level, but it would provide a bedroom with 2 queen beds and a living room with a queen sleeper sofa. Good luck.

8. mslhb

mslhb Mouseketeer

We just stayed in a Deluxe Room at the WL. We loved it. It has 2 queen beds in the bedroom and in the living room the sofa pulls out into a queen bed. They technically sleep 6. It only has one bathroom but there is a 2nd sink/mirror area over the fridge/bar area in the living room which is nice. I was originally pricing a CL room at the poly and at the time the Deluxe WL was about the same price.

9. TaraPA

TaraPA Can't live without a ticker!!!!

BC also has the Deluxe Room category. We stayed in one last spring, and the room is much larger than a regular room. It still has the daybed - but it was defintiely a twin size daybed. The Deluxe Rooms at Deluxe Resorts are CL so you will be paying a lot more than a regular room, but they DO discount them at BC (they do not discount them at WL for some reason). There are only 6 Deluxe Rooms at BC so they aren't easy to get sometimes.

10. disneydee6

disneydee6 DIS Veteran

I looked into that too! If there is a discount available, I think that this may be the way to go, if, (big if considering there's 6) it is at all possible. We just can't seem to pull ourselves away from BC. :thumbsup2

11. TaraPA

TaraPA Can't live without a ticker!!!!

We were very lucky to get one with a 30% off AP discount last spring. I booked on the 1st day the discount was released, and checked after I booked, that category was no longer available for our dates. Unfortunately, now we are spoiled & will always want the Deluxe room or at least CL at BC!!!

I agree, BC is an incredible resort!