Deluxe Family stateroom with verandah vs deluxe stateroom with verandah

kive1484

Mouseketeer
Hello - wondering if someone can help me with choosing our room for the fantasy. I am deciding between the Deluxe family stateroom (cat 4B) and the deluxe stateroom (cat 5A) (both with verandah). I know that the family has 50 more square feet. My question is if there is any additional storage. In the floorplan pictures it looks like there is storage behind the extra chair between the couch and the door but int he actual pictures it appears there is nothing on the wall behind the extra chair. Is there any benefit to the deluxe family over the deluxe other than that extra chair? Is the desk bigger? We are trying to get connecting rooms and due to availability we will end up paying $230 more for the deluxe family and as we are already paying more than expected I would rather save the $230 if the 50 sq feet doesnt come with more storage. I dont really care about the extra chair. thanks!

I think I solved part of my question - the thing that looks like storage behind the chair int he pictures that DCL shows of the deluxe family stateroom with verandah is really a murphy bed right? the desk does look like it is slightly larger - but is it worth $230?

Correct, that's the murphy bed -- some rooms will have one others won't. I don't believe there is any extra storage, or negligible difference if any. It's basically more floor space, plus the extra bed if the room sleeps 5.

Enjoy your cruise!

We have stayed in both categories on the Magic and the family suite is definitely larger with a little more storage. The Murphy bed is stored in the wall behind the chair. Across from the Murphy bed is a larger storage unit. Attached to the storage unit next to the closet is a small bench with an opening underneath where you could put shoes. In the regular verandah room, you do not have the bench or the larger storage unit. There is a smaller unit to the left of the desk on the wall across from the bed.
We were four adults (Me, DH and 2 adult DDs) and we really did appreciate the extra room and storage. My DDs were able to store all of their clothes in the large storage unit.

Correct, that's the murphy bed -- some rooms will have one others won't. I don't believe there is any extra storage, or negligible difference if any. It's basically more floor space, plus the extra bed if the room sleeps 5.

Enjoy your cruise!

How can one find out if a room sleeps 5 or not? I assumed all Family staterooms slept 5, guess not?

How can one find out if a room sleeps 5 or not? I assumed all Family staterooms slept 5, guess not?

Not all staterooms in a category will sleep the max. The easiest way to find out is to play with the reservation system, putting in 5 passengers because it will then ONLY show staterooms that sleep 5. Also, there's a thread around that lists most of the staterooms, how many each sleeps, and which beds. I'll see if I can find it.

Enjoy your cruise!

ETA: here's the thread about room configurations on the Dream/Fantasy: http://www.disboards.com/threads/dc...pdated-list-of-rooms-needed-1st-post.3194826/

Not all staterooms in a category will sleep the max. The easiest way to find out is to play with the reservation system, putting in 5 passengers because it will then ONLY show staterooms that sleep 5. Also, there's a thread around that lists most of the staterooms, how many each sleeps, and which beds. I'll see if I can find it.

Enjoy your cruise!

ETA: here's the thread about room configurations on the Dream/Fantasy: http://www.disboards.com/threads/dc...pdated-list-of-rooms-needed-1st-post.3194826/

Thank you!

We always get the Deluxe Family room if we are not in Concierge as it gives us extra room to put the pack and play for our 2 year old DD to sleep in so she is not in the middle of the room.

Just wanted to add that we had the family stateroom and the extra space was really awesome. It helped us not feel like we were all on top of each other all the time. We had a connecting room and were able to keep the doors between the rooms open nearly all the time. We also had the wall between the balconies removed/folded back and that made the balcony SOOOOO nice. It was WAY more space than I expected on a cruise ship and (to me) worth the extra money.

(NOTE - we had 4 boys and my parents with us. We regularly had all 4 boys in one room and they were able to spread out a bit without any issue. )

Huge difference in square footage between the two rooms. We are a family of 4 and we were not happy in the category 5 we felt very cramped. Bathrooms in the 5 barely have any counter space overall we felt like we were always getting in eachother's way. In my opinion for 7 nights, if you can afford it go for the bigger room

We were on a 4 day cruise and booked a 7 day while on board. The CM told us for a 7 day cruise, you will appreciate the extra room. We are 3 adults, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter