Deluxe Dining Plan for breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by chinhk, Apr 14, 2013.

1. chinhk

chinhk Mouseketeer

We plan to have breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe and is wondering if we are on the deluxe dining plan, can we just order one beverage (either coffee or juice) + one entree?
    or can we have both coffee and orange juice + entree?

I remember many of the breakfast buffets will serve both coffee and juices.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mom2of2

mom2of2 DIS Veteran

It's 1 beverage, 1 entree for either dining plan. The only place where you get juice and coffee is at a buffet

4. WDWFANCBIIIME

WDWFANCBIIIME DIS Veteran

In my experiences they have allowed me both if I ask politely :)

5. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Same here. :)

6. mom2of2

mom2of2 DIS Veteran

This is what I don't understand. It's 1 beverage. It changed from 2 a few years ago, you know this but yet figure if you are polite and ask them to break the rule it's ok. It's not ok.
    You are asking a CM to steal for you because that IS what it is!
    DP checks are audited for accuracy. CM' s are held responsible for that. If they are giving something that isn't covered by the DP they can get reprimanded or termed. I have seen it happen. If they are giving you something that isn't covered they are risking their job either by not ringing it in or pushing it through.
    It's wrong of a guest to ask and stupid for the server to comply. If you want the juice, pay the $2.99 for it or ask the manager to give it to you for free. Keep the server out of it

7. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Officially, it's now one beverage and one entree or platter per credit at an a la carte breakfast (no appetizer, no dessert, no substituted beverage).

8. DVCKev

DVCKev DVC Member

If your on the deluxe plan then simply use your refillable mug. ie: get your entree and a regular drink or juice, then either fill your mug with the other drink you want or go back up and get it after you settle at your table. You are entitled to both so make sure you use what you paid for! Since the juices usually come in a plastic bottle, I get my coffee in the refillable mug. :thumbsup2

9. mom2of2

mom2of2 DIS Veteran

The GFC is a table service restaurant not a quick service

10. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I think the PP is suggesting filling the mug with coffee at the QS and then taking it into the restaurant. How close are these places to each other, I wonder? I've been in the QS but never eaten at the GF Cafe.

11. bdklein

bdklein DIS Veteran

Very close to each other.