Delta vent

When did this happen? I just bought tix for Sept and was able to use multiple credits from ds and dh both onto ds's ressie.
Must be very new. I bought around 2 mos ago.

I think this was probably to eliminate fraud. People would steal credit cards, buy SW flights, cancel and sell the credits on ebay. By the time the cardholder figured out what's going on, the ebay seller has his $. I know, I was a stupid ebay buyer of SW credits and lost them. Paypal only protects physical items, not 'codes' such as this. Live and learn....
Oops. I thought it already was in effect. According to SWA it goes into effect on January 28, 2011:

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/cancelAir.html

Oh ... and I don't think it has to do anything with fraud. I think it has to do with making it more difficult to use the credits and hoping some of them will expire rather than being used by another person. Sure, your situation may happen but AFAIK the transfer of codes like that was already against SWA's rules.

I also thought this was about a bad experience flying Delta, which it is not. Delta is not to blame.

Couple of lessons learned: 1. Why did you use Orbitz to book a trip on a single airline? I would only use a third party if booking multiple airlines got me a better price. Otherwise, I usually book directly with the airline.

2. It's always a gamble. Do I wait for the price to go down - versus there may be no more seats if I wait too long. You gambled. But you didn't lose because the price you booked seems to have been lower than other prices you saw but passed on earlier.

OP-I used Orbitz because the price was the same on Delta.com & if by chance it goes down Orbitz will send me a check. I was paying the $150 even if I booked Delta.com

We have SW. But, they have no non-stop flights to MCO *and* they are almost always more expensive---even after baggage fees.

Thanks, but no thanks.

We're half of the flip side of this - Southwest is our ONLY nonstop option.
But, short of sales and Ding! fares, they're usually slightly more expensive. On my Aug 27 - 1 Sept trip, 1 ticket was $281 WITH the $25 coupon, nonstop RT. (It was originally $295, but just dropped $13 last week. Today it's $308.)

Delta has been pretty steady and even today (25 days out) it is $240 for a similar flight schedule. (It tacks on 2 hours each way) Add in 1 checked bag each way and it's $286...

It's been this way for about 2 years now, but as long as they don't get outrageously high, I'll continue to fly them at these prices. It's a hard pill to swallow after 3 years of $49 each way Ding! fares, but I can't say that the prices aren't fair and reasonable. So I'll keep paying them so the nonstop flights will stick around!

OP-I used Orbitz because the price was the same on Delta.com & if by chance it goes down Orbitz will send me a check. I was paying the $150 even if I booked Delta.com
Now I'm confused. You booked on Orbitz so you can take advantage of their price guarantee. The price went down. Did the guarantee kick in?

The ticket that I was about to purchase on Delta changed as soon as I clicked on "book now". After I had figured out my travel plans it was a great $69 one way sale I figured I would head to Disney for 2 days on my way to vacationing with friends in St Croix and then poof! The $69 changed to $194 so I had to take the next flight which does not get in until after midnight!
I am still going to try to change the flight when I get to the airport to the earlier one so I can get to the MK to see the new fireworks show!

I have been looking at Delta from Atlanta to Orlando for a few weeks now. I should have booked already. It is now $250.00 round trip and it has been as low as $158.00 :scared1::confused3 I just hope it will go back down, it looks like there are plenty of seats left for an 8:30 p.m. flight. :mad::scared:

Now I'm confused. You booked on Orbitz so you can take advantage of their price guarantee. The price went down. Did the guarantee kick in?

I think the issue isn't that the OP's flight went down, but that she or he found a new flight at a more convenient/preferable time than the flight that is already booked.

I was confused too. I also think OP wants a different itinerary that is now cheaper than her current itinerary. And possibly, the itinerary she booked did not go down in price so no Orbitz refund.

For the same price, I would have still booked directly with the airline. Usually booking with the airline gets me bonus miles. I just received 500 bonus miles for my upcoming WDW trip.

The other reason that I'd book with an airline over a third party site is personal. I've booked with Orbitz twice. The first time, it was at a boutique hotel with different sizes of rooms in the same category - we got a broom closet - whereas I had booked the same room category directly with the hotel previously and had a room twice the size. The second time, I had a problem and could not reach a live body to talk to. It was beyond frustrating.

ON TUESDAY AFTERNOON, I GOT ROUND TRIP FLIGHT ATLANTA TO ORLANDO FOR $118.00!!!! THAT IS SO AWSOME! I HAD HEARD THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CHECK ON TUESDAY AFTERNOONS AND IT IS TRUE!!! ON TUESDAY MORNING IT WAS $230.00 AND WE GOT $118.00 !!! :rotfl::banana::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter