Delta Skymiles for Room Reservation?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mhanback, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mhanback

mhanback Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever used Skymiles for a Disney Resort Reservation? Wondering about your experiences and the cancellation policies. Did they give you the Disney Confirmation number, so you can link it to MDE?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mhanback

mhanback Mouseketeer

4. jakespop

jakespop Proud DVC Owners

Just responded to your PM. Everything went smoothly but they don't give you a Disney Conf #. You have to call Disney about a week before your trip and have them look up via your Delta confirmation #. Than you can link it and everything goes smooth.

5. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

Can I ask how you booked with Delta miles? I've a lot of miles to use.

6. TheRustyScupper

TheRustyScupper Common sense is so rare, should be a Super Power.

1) Me, too.
    2) I still have over 400,000 miles in the bank to use.
    3) I ahve never seen a Disney hotel, just Swan/Dolphin and DTD hotels.

7. jakespop

jakespop Proud DVC Owners

I went my Skymiles account. Clicked Use Miles - Shop with Miles and it takes you to the SkyMiles marketplace. Than Click Book a Hotel and search.
    You may have to enter Lake Buena Vista , than filter by Disney and you should see all the resorts. We stayed at Port Orleans. Again, no issues whatsoever.

Good Luck

8. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

Thanks!

9. mhanback

mhanback Mouseketeer

I called today and spoke with the "Delta Marketplace". They assured me that I could change the dates if I had to for a $35 fee, but could not cancel. Made me feel better about booking a room.

10. mhanback

mhanback Mouseketeer

You have to be a certain level of Skymiles member or have a Delta American Express card to be able to redeem your miles for hotels. We just got the credit card so we would be able to redeem our miles for Disney World this year. I also got 50,000 bonus miles for signing up for the card. I now have enough for a week at Port Orleans French Quarter!

11. houstonmama

houstonmama Mouseketeer

Wait...50,000 points for 5 or 7 nights at POR? Thats not bad. I mean you probably get better bang for your buck using miles for flying but if, like us, you're not really going anywhere any time soon w/out kids, might as well use them!

12. grammaHBSR4

grammaHBSR4 Earning My Ears

This is so good to know! Never knew sky miles could be used for anything but flights!

13. mhanback

mhanback Mouseketeer

Well, I am using the 50,000 Bonus miles, plus the 130,000 we have already. It is 180,000 for the week. Not a great use if miles, but we never fly anywhere. These are miles my husband gets from his job travel. There are some good deals, though. Pop Century is around 18,000 a night for April 2014.

14. houstonmama

houstonmama Mouseketeer

Oh OK..50K miles would have been fabulous! I don't know if AMEX does it but with Chase you can get a statement credit. So basically if your room is $500 (or whatever it is) you use 50,000 points and get a $500 statement credit. With Chase you would use less points that way than booking through their travel agency. For a room at GF they wanted like 45K points for one night and through Disney the rate was $400 so I would have used 40K points saving me 5K points. I know it's not that much but it's something!