Delta carry on policy?

You may want to double check because I think you must pay for the ticket with the AMEX in order to get priority boarding and the waived baggage fees.

nope, you don't. And I know this because I had purchased my tickets already and THEN the card was offered to me. So the agent on the phone knew I had the tickets (he had just done them) on another card. And I asked specifically if I had to use the amex.

You may want to double check because I think you must pay for the ticket with the AMEX in order to get priority boarding and the waived baggage fees.

No you don't. Your AMEX card number is tied to your skymiles #. Anytime you make a reservation that includes your skymiles #, you will get the free bag for up to 9 people. I get the free bag when I fly on business and pay for the ticket with my corporate Visa. You don't even have to show the AMEX, it's all tied together in the computer.

I didn't know you got priority boarding with the AMEX. I was Silver Medallion last year so I always got zone 2. I lost my status at the end of February so I'll see on my flight next month if the AMEX gets me zone 2.

I'll chime in too about not having to buy your flight with your AmEx to get the free luggage/priority boarding perk... I recently traveled for work with some colleagues. I bought my ticket with my Delta AmEx and of course received the perks. My colleague has Delta's card as well, but her employer paid for her ticket. Prior to the trip she was kicking herself about not putting it on her card and getting reimbursed by her employer so she could take advantage of those extras. She was pleasantly surprised when she got to the airport and found out that she got the free luggage plus Zone 2 boarding because the card is tied to her Skymile number instead. (Plus she had others traveling on the same reservation and they were given the perks as well).

I've seen FAs remove bags that were sideways.

I wish I had. I've not noticed FAs actually looking at how things are arranged. I watch people put things sideways, on our last set of flights I watched SO many people put their dang coats in all by themselves, and then people were respecting that and moving on to different bins... Finally one woman wanted to put her bag in, but was having problems moving things b/c she was just a little too short to move things around, so DH got up, pulled out the coats, she put her bag in, then the coats were put on top, as they are supposed to be. Making it worse is that in this specific case, the owners were right there, watching people (who were sitting in the same area) pass the bin by because of their coats and never once moved to move them to make more room for people.

No you don't. Your AMEX card number is tied to your skymiles #. Anytime you make a reservation that includes your skymiles #, you will get the free bag for up to 9 people. I get the free bag when I fly on business and pay for the ticket with my corporate Visa. You don't even have to show the AMEX, it's all tied together in the computer.

I didn't know you got priority boarding with the AMEX. I was Silver Medallion last year so I always got zone 2. I lost my status at the end of February so I'll see on my flight next month if the AMEX gets me zone 2.

yeah, DH used to have silver and recently I noticed he doesn't anymore.

I don't fly much but I am assuming priority boarding gets us on the plane sooner?

I wish I had. I've not noticed FAs actually looking at how things are arranged. I watch people put things sideways, on our last set of flights I watched SO many people put their dang coats in all by themselves, and then people were respecting that and moving on to different bins... Finally one woman wanted to put her bag in, but was having problems moving things b/c she was just a little too short to move things around, so DH got up, pulled out the coats, she put her bag in, then the coats were put on top, as they are supposed to be. Making it worse is that in this specific case, the owners were right there, watching people (who were sitting in the same area) pass the bin by because of their coats and never once moved to move them to make more room for people.

We also been on flights that th FA announce that coats are not to be put in the overhead bins.

Denise in MI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter