Delta Baggage Fees

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by dpmfloyd, Nov 9, 2009.

1. dpmfloyd

dpmfloyd DIS Veteran

hey everyone, this is probably an easy one, but i'm not having any luck researching online sooooo...

i know delta has a $15 fee for the first checked bag, and a $25 fee for the second checked bag. since my girlfriend and i are each checking 1 bag, does this mean we'll be paying $15 each ($30 total)? or does it mean we'll be paying $15 and then $25 ($40)?

:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lizziepooh

lizziepooh DIS Veteran

You should each check a bag in your own name at a cost of $15 per person each direction or $30 round trip per person. Grand total of $60 round trip for two people each checking l bag.

4. dpmfloyd

dpmfloyd DIS Veteran

you have put my mind at ease, thanks!!!:cheer2::yay:

5. dpratt68

dpratt68 DIS Veteran

If I was reading the delta website correctly as long as I purchased my ticket before 1/5/10 I am still only paying $15. It is a bit confusing but I think after 1/5/10 the fee goes to $23 +$2 fee if checked at the airport vs at time of online checkin. Does this sound right?

6. francie57

francie57 DIS Veteran

If you check-in on-line before your flight you will be able to pay for your luggage then. You just enter 1 bag per passenger. We did this in Aug and checked 4 bags at $15 each since we had 4 people. If you check your bags at the airport they charge you more. When we went in Aug. they were charging $20 a bag to check your luggage.