delete post

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by rysmomma242, Apr 11, 2010.

1. rysmomma242

rysmomma242 Earning My Ears

deleting post.... people are too nasty to my hubby.... not interested in their opinions anymore

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nowellsl

nowellsl <font color=purple>my car finds out everytime I ha

Was it a credit card or a debit card?

4. tinkerbell198530

tinkerbell198530 Mouseketeer

I am not sure if this would work but I was wondering if you called Disney and told them you are not going becuse of the mistake they made what they would do to accomadate you

5. Lisa_M

Lisa_M DIS Veteran

Did you speak with a supervisor? If not, call back and ask to speak with one. It may typically take 7-10 days for a refund, but with this kind of mistake they should fast track your refund and I wouldn't ask, I would tell them I expect them to make this right. Explain to them you have bills to pay and they took this money without your authorization. They stole from you. Yes, mistakes happen, but that is an awfully big one and I'm sure they have some way to get that money back to you ASAP. It didn't take them 7-10 days to take your money from your account, did it?

6. rysmomma242

Debit card....
    I did call to get the amount credit..... the number from online Disney booking..... they could care less!!! They didn't even say sorry!!!!! I don't understand... I love Disney I have been there a dozen times.... spent ten of thousands of dollars in the last 10 years!!! I don't know who to call or write!!

7. Hannathy

Hannathy <font color=darkorchid>When I stop laughing I will

I guess I'm gonna be the Debbie downer BUT Is your husband fearful because a little glitch is going to cause you to be late with your payments? I'm sorry but if you don't even have $600 in savings that you could use for your car payment should you be going to Disney? That sounds like you have no savings yet are planning a trip. He may be having realistic second thoughts.

I think maybe your DH is right and if I couldn't handle 1 extra car payment there is no way I would be going to Disney.

8. Lisa_M

Lisa_M DIS Veteran

Regardless of if they have the extra money or not, do you think it is understandable for Disney to just let her account have a credit and not automatically refund it and then after she calls, they get to take up to 2 business weeks to refund money they never should have taken in the first place?

9. rysmomma242

you could be correct... but it is my daughter's birthday, and we could afford the $3000 for the trip... it was my hubby's christmas bonus... no I suppose I could transfer the $$ in so that the payment doesn't bounce, but that isn't the point.... they didn't even say sorry.... just .... "it will take 7-10 days"....for a mistake that they made, NOT ME!!! :headache:

Last year was horrible!! We stayed CL at Wilderness... it was terrible!!! But we assumed it was cut backs because of the economy... the poor lady from the desk had to clean up in the lounge..... I had to do some major talking to get him to use his bonus for Disney again this year..... But it is a BONUS and it should be special....

10. knewton64

knewton64 - May the luck of the Irish always be with you -

...I have to 2nd this opinion.

Moreover, keep in mind that Disney is being sued by the producers of Hannah Montana so Disney.....admitting they made a mistake??

T.T.F.N. & good luck w/whatever u do.

11. Lisa75

Lisa75 Mouseketeer

I am so sorry this happened. You said you called the number to get the credit. I am not sure if you mean you already tried this, but tomorrow at 8 am call and ask for research and billing. Then choose the prompt for question about a pending trip. Just an idea. I hope this works out for you.

Also, they always say 7-10 days with a refund, but in my experience with my debit card it is 2-3 business days tops. Depends on your bank I guess.

12. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

When a company gives that timeframe, they are allowing AMPLE time for your bank to deal with the refund. And that's where the hangup is in most cases, with each individual's bank.

I'm sure they requested the refund at once, and I'm sure it's an immediate, and automated, process.

I remember working CS at amazon...we would request a refund, and it was DONE on our end nearly instantly. I had refunds, and it would be there in my bank in a day or so. Other people with other banks would complain that we had delayed their refund, etc...but OUR refund process was exactly the same for everyone. It was their own banks taking extra time.

So just know that this estimate most likely includes all the extra time that Legal has said they need to include...the likelihood is that it will take less time.

As for apologies...even if they said it, any one individual person helping you isn't likely to MEAN it. So it's just lip service. The person who offered the refund and the person who did the refund (sounds like you had two phone calls to them, which is why I separate it) have done their job, and most likely in a timely fashion. They have evaluated the situation, determined that the amount is incorrect, and even though one used their own experiences to mis"diagnose" the situation, they did their jobs and have *helped* you in a meaningful way. I wouldn't pile on wanting a lip service apology to make me happy...there's just no point.

A problem happened, they are fixing it as fast as it can happen, and the next step is waiting for your bank to do their part. That is a really good resolution to a problem (that shouldn't have happened, I will give you that), and it's more than some companies would willingly give you.

Don't cancel for the reason of not getting an "I'm sorry this happened"...

13. hrh_disney_queen

hrh_disney_queen <font color=red>My DH has the hots for Stacey<br><

First of all, you have every right to be upset.

Second, it's nobody's concern whether you have $60, $600, or $6000 in the bank, how can that possibly tell them whether you can afford a Disney trip, and how dare they say it?! NOYB!

Third, don't email. Write a letter and mail it. Here are several addresses you can write to. When I had an issue, I wrote to two addresses just in case, and I got two phone calls. One was very concerned, and I even got something I wasn't asking for. The other wasn't as concerned, but listened to my issue. Here is a page from Deb's AllEars with several addresses you can use:

http://allears.net/pl/contact.htm

Good luck. I would certainly let them know that this error on their part put you in a bind. Just don't be excited and upset when you write it, do it calmly and factually-leave emotions out of it.

14. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

Sorry this has happened to you. This is the main reason I never use my debit card for major payments. I use the credit card and write a check to pay it off when I get the bill.

15. Amber1111

Amber1111 DIS Veteran

Shouldn't they have just charged the balance you owed? Did you really have to tell them a specific amount to charge? I would think they could just look at your account and see how much you owed.

If that's the case, you should call back and speak with a manager. I work for an insurance company and when I worked in our accounts receivable department, any time a customer had bounced check fees due to our error, we refunded that amount after they provided proof that their checks bounced. They need to reimburse you for your fees if it's their fault. You'll probably get charged an NSF fee from anyone you wrote a bounced check to, and an additional NSF fee from your bank.

16. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

Gosh if I were your DH I would want to cancel too! If I paid to stay CL I would be TICKED if the experience were less than amazing!

17. wshupnastar

wshupnastar Mouseketeer

If you want to call Disney again, a hint I can give is to call and ask to speak with Guest Services. These are not the same "front line" Cast Members taking the reservations. They have more pull and also are generally more willing to try and make things right. Call and explain why your husband is upset. Tell them you really want to take this trip, but hubby is justifiably upset. They may be able to do something for you, at the very least, I think they would be more apologetic if they hear the whole story.

I work with Disney everyday, and have had similar situations with clients' payments (double charges and the like). Disney will say 2 weeks, but I have never seen it take that long, of course, I usually ask that since it was their fault, it be expedited. I really don't know if that works, or if it's just that it really does only take a day or two, but I know my clients' usually report it's taken care of quickly.

I can understand your husband wanting an apology. I don't care if it is lip service or not...it honestly does make people feel better.

As for the money issue, I agree with a previous poster...it's really no one's business, so I hope you aren't offended by what others may have said. I honestly hope that your husband calms down and your kids get their trip to Disney. As the mother of two teenagers, believe me, they don't stay little long!

18. chabs

chabs DIS Veteran

Can't you call your bank and let them know that this was an unauthorized charge? You only authorized a certain amount and they overcharged you. I would start with your own bank. I know that our credit union will not hold the charge against you if you file a form against the charge and it would not be held against your checking account until the matter is resolved one way or the other. It wouldn't hurt to call your bank and see what your options are.

19. debbiecarr98

debbiecarr98 Mouseketeer

Yes, this is an excellent point, this would keep you from getting the overdraft charges if the credit doesnt go through right away. What a frustrating situation.I am sorry.

20. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

Ok first thing tomorrow, contact your bank and let them know what has happened. They be able to help you with overdraft fees. Second call Disney back and get someone higher up, let them know the situation and that they will be billed for all overdrafts you get hit with due to their mistake. Do you have a confirmation of any kind to prove you authorized the $500 amount and not the $1100? Relax and stay calm, this will work itself out, your DH will relax and you will get your trip. :) I hope this trip is 1000000% better then the last one you had. :)

21. aceys_h0ney

aceys_h0ney DIS Veteran

I am sorry this has happend to you.

Last year I had to cancel a trip due to a family emergency. I asked if they could speed up the refund and was transfered to another dept. The lady there told me it is usually the bank or credit card company that causes a delay but that she would note to my account my reason for needing the money back quickly. It was in my bank account about 48 hours later.

I hope it is refunded quickly to you and that your husband won't cancel. Dress your 2 yo up as a Disney princess and maybe he will change his mind. ; )