Delaware Disney Meet Nov 1-3 2013

dcayz

Mouseketeer
REGISTRATION EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 11!!!

Here is the information for the GKTW Delaware DIS meet in Newark DE on November 1st through 3rd, 2013!

Friday, November 1st - 7-10PM - Newark Senior Center
Gelato Social
Come and enjoy some gelato and spend time seeing old friend and making new ones. We will have a Chinese auction and some other activities to get fun started for the weekend!

Caffe Gelato of Newark, DE will be catering this event.
For every person who attends, they will donate back $3.50 to GKTW!
$10 per person.

Saturday, November 2nd - noon-5PM - Newark Senior Center
The Big Event
Add to your Disney Collection and also help raise money for GKTW by having fun bidding against fellow DISers.
There will be a Live Auction, as well as Silent & Chinese auctions.
We're sure there will be something for everyone, and the competition will be fierce!
Plus the DIS team will be doing a podcast recording.

Lunch will be catered by Caffe Gelato.
$30 per person

Sunday, November 3rd - 10AM-2PM - Klondike Kates
Til We Meet Again Lunch & Disney Swap Meet
Do you have some Disney items that you dont want any more? (Dont we all?)
Looking for that special Disney object that has to do with your favorite character? (Again, Dont we all?)
Come to the swap meet to see if you can find that one item you need to complete your collection.
Bring your gently used items to the swap meet!
Items donated to the swap meet will either be sold (proceeds going to GKTW) or if unsold, donated to a local charitable organization.
$20 per person.

Klondike Kates is allowing us to advertise this event to their restaurant customers so that we can share the Disney spirit with them and help out GKTW as well.

Hotel information:
We have two hotels located next to each other approximately 3 miles from both venues. Both hotels do accommodate persons with disabilities as well as smokers. The Embassy has a small lounge as well as an attached TGIF (inside entrance).

Embassy Suites Hotel we have a block of rooms at $129 + tax per night. You can book your rooms at this rate until October 3.
Use the group code DIS.

Homewood Suites no block of rooms, but if you book soon enough the standard room rates are comparable.

Both hotels are about 4 miles from the Newark Senior Center and Klondike Kates.

Free Time:
Delaware is home to Tax-Free (0%) shopping, as well as exciting night-life in the college town of Newark.
During the day, Main Street Newark has a wide variety of shops and eateries.
At night, the area is famous for its pubs & venues, hosting live events & bands.

Registration is now open:
http://dedismeet.eventzilla.net
Registration will close on Oct. *11*, 2013.

Web site of the items up for auction:
https://www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/dedismeet

What We Still Need:
Donated items for the swap meet.
Volunteers for any or all 3 days. I really need some one to be in charge of a kids area.
Post here or pm me if you have anything to donate or to volunteer.

Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Just so you all know, the Friday Night Social will be the PERFECT place to catch up with all your DIS friends in the area! party:

And if you can't make it on Friday, the Sunday Swap Meet will be sure to please. I mean, what could be better than meeting old Disney friends, making new Disney Friends, and buying / swapping some old & gently loved items (Disney and Non-Disney!).

Register Soon - November may seem a long time away, but it is JUST Around The Corner! :scared1:

Question for everyone. Do you want me to start posting who is all coming to the events?

Don't forget that Nov 3 daylight savings time ends so we get an extra hour of sleep.:yay:

Newark is a college town which means that "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" will be playing on Saturday night. Just saying. :rolleyes1

I'd like to thank Pete & the DIS Unplugged Team for the shameless plug on today's podcast!

We'll be very glad to welcome Pete, Cathy, Teresa, Craig, & Dustin to their first stay in Delaware!

And to Shawn & his parents - Happy Homecoming!

Don't worry Shawn, we won't embarrass you by figuring out which Delaware Middle School you went to and hanging a banner-sized class photo with you circled on it above the door... :rotfl2:

James

All,

Just to let you know, there is a crowd gathering after the podcast @ the Iron Hill Brewery - please pm ShesAPirate if you are interested, and also, if you are interested in letting someone ELSE do the driving there & BACK, please let her or I (james@cayz.net) know.

ALSO - the auction website ( https://www.charityauctionorganizer.com/auction/dedismeet ) has been updated with several new Live Auction items, including some original, hand-drawn pieces by Don "Ducky" Williams.

James

After hearing Pete's plea I looked at the itinerary - I am going to check with my daughter to see if she wants to go (we went to one in NYC), but as it is the weekend of Halloween and she is a 16 yo with a very active social schedule I am not sure she'll want to commit to something. Still, maybe we can come!

Just bumping this up for those who may not haven't seen it yet! The special rate for the hotel is now over, but there is a CHEAPER pay in advance rate available! Hope to see everyone there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter