Defending vacation choices.

:lmao: good one......you know personally, I dont take offense at somebody saying something about me going to disneyland all the time...I just laugh :rotfl: i think its funny

I agree, I get a kick of watching my family's reactions when I tell them I'm going to Disneyland again. It's an awesome place to be and makes me feel like a kid again and I never want that feeling to go away.

Our family loves Disney vacations! We have so many wonderful memories of our trips. :cloud9: Planning the next trip is ALMOST as much fun as the vacation itself! And yes, we get comments from family and friends about "DL again?" :)

My DD's friends are jealous that she gets to go again already(last Oct and this May). She loves the park and it's a great way for us to spend time together without her spending every waking moment talking/texting on her cell.

I get the "AGAIN's" here at work. It's not too bad though. They seem to accept my response and often ask for planning tips.

We go because my DD is 16. My ex was a stick in the mud and didn't like to go anywhere. My family never could afford a trip to DL when I was a kid. I was 26 (gasp) the first I walked through the gates at DL. We spent one day at WDW when I was 12. That would have been a great trip except for having to spend the whole day with a cousin I don't care much for. I'm still thankful for the memories though. Anyway, DD loves to go to DL and as long as I can save up the money to go, it builds memories for her while she's still interested in hanging out with her mom. Plus, we just love it.

My family never could afford a trip to DL when I was a kid. I was 26 (gasp) the first I walked through the gates at DL. We spent one day at WDW when I was 12. That would have been a great trip except for having to spend the whole day with a cousin I don't care much for. I'm still thankful for the memories though.

Sounds like me. My mom chose not to take family vacations when I lived at home, but she remarried when I went to college and took my brother and sister to WDW! :mad:

I got to go for a half-day to MK with my grandparents when they moved to Florida. I was 17 at the time. I didn't get to go again until I was 28! :eek:

I will be spending my 30th birthday for not only my first visit to DL, but my first time going West of the Eastern Standard Time line. I've been as far East as Moscow, but I've never really gone West.

IMO, you didn't have to rub it in his face and insenuate that he spends too much on bowling. Because as I see it my weekly trips to DL is equal to his family bowling.
I didnt rub it in his face or insinuate anything. I simply was pointing out that we all choose to spend our "recreation" money in different ways. I choose to spend mine on trips to Disney. He chooses to spend his weekly on bowling. He is always saying he can't afford to take his kids there. Its not that he cant afford it, its that he chooses not to. Just as I choose not to afford to take my kids bowling every week!

:3dglasses Heythere, we havent heard from you in awhile, or maybe its me who has not logged on!:rotfl: Anyhow, glad to hear you are not folding under pressure. JK!! Im possibly going in June my self, but may end up switching to July because all the hotels are sold out already, so there maybe some convention or something,plus, my hubby and I are going to Maui in May:hug: . So money wise it may work out better

Oh I love going to Disneyland.
I havent delt with the people who ask "why" yet because my best friends are usually the ones who go 3-5 times a year.

Truthfully when you break the money down, a 2-3 day trip costs under 500 a person which includes flight, Park Hopper and hotel.

I spent about that to visit my friend in Arizona for three days.

Well I have to admit, my first trip t DisneyLand was on my honeymoon back in 1989. that was my first vaction, I was 27 at the time and have worked since I was 12. we could have gone to some where tropical but I wanted to go to DisneyLand.
When it really gets down to where you spend your vacation who cares where you go aslong as you are going to where you would love to go, who cares what anyone elses thinks, at least that is my way of thinking

When I was growing up we lived less than 10 miles from Dl and went maybe three times. If I had known we were so close....grrr. Now I get the chance to show Disney to my girls. We couldn't do it when they were really little and actually I am okay with that. It made the first time when they were six and eight incredibly special for all of us. So much so we did it three times in a year and have decided to make it an annual thing from here on out. I can honestly see us still doing it when they are in college.

One of my friends keeps telling us we should try somewhere different. I'm sure the time will come when we do, but I don't see the reason right now. Like another poster said...why not go somewhere you KNOW you will have fun at? We all agree Disney is the place for us. WDW is the plan for '08. Mom is going with us in Dec '07. Honestly I'm getting the feeling she is tired of her daughters asking why they don't get to go. So she is criticizing for selfish reasons.
My hubby's boss just laughs everytime he tells him where we're going when he requests the days off. He lives in Huntington Beach and doesn't have kids. We don't expect him to get it.

We are going to DL in the fall without our kids. :eek: Our friends don't understand why we would go to DL when we don't "have" to (i.e. no kids on this vacation). These are the same friends who go to Las Vegas every year. Why would you go to Vegas every year? :confused3

I absolutely love Disneyland because it reminds me of my childhood. I have memories of going there with my parents (both of whom would never go there now). And now I have memories of our family trip with our kids.

DL isn't for everyone. It is for those of us who never want to grow up and never want our children and grandchildren to grow up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter