Deed Recorded Membership Number Timeline?

Drewski77

Mouseketeer
Our first DVC purchase just closed with the deed being recorded. About how long will it take for us to receive our membership number from Disney?

Thanks!

We closed early August and about 3 weeks later we received or membership number. Both my wife and I called numerous times and they would not give our number over the phone, some have had luck though. Good luck, you're at the home stretch!!

We were notified today that our transfer of ownership has been recorded by Disney. Will it really be another 10-14 days until I receive my membership info? We were really hoping to book a night or two in December and are leaving in less than 3 weeks for a trip with friends and would love to use some of the DVC benefits while there. THE WAITING IS KILLING ME!

Our deed was recorded 9/22, received our letter today with our member number. It was an add on, our points were loaded onto our account last week.

Our deed was recorded 9/15 and we got the membership number yesterday. So, 3 weeks exactly for us.

A couple of years ago it was 1.5 weeks but in 2015 it was 3 weeks.

This waiting is killing me. I will likely miss my 7 month window by a few days. I think we close Wednesday, I assume the deed will be recorded by Friday, so three weeks from Friday? That would be 5 days after my 7 month window. I hope there are good options left, I need 2 studios for 1 week in June!

Thanks for all the information in this thread. We closed last week and we were wondering when we would get our DVC account number. We are anxious to make our reservations for June 2016 and perhaps a adults weekend getaway this winter. Again , thanks to all.

Thanks for all the information in this thread. We closed last week and we were wondering when we would get our DVC account number. We are anxious to make our reservations for June 2016 and perhaps a adults weekend getaway this winter. Again , thanks to all.

Does anyone know the link to the web-site to check if a deed has been recorded for a Grand Californian purchase? Thanks!

Does anyone know the link to the web-site to check if a deed has been recorded for a Grand Californian purchase? Thanks!
My wife was able to find the information on the Orange County Comptroller's website. I'm sorry , but I don't have a link but I'm sure you could use Google to find it. Hope this helps.

So, is this the official thread for the next round of waiting after moving on from the "Closing Time!" thread?!?! Our deed was recorded just this morning. So, we are finally into the home stretch of waiting. Our purchase contract was sent to ROFR on 08/05/15 and deed was recorded 10/13/15. So, 69 days of impatiently waiting so far. Sounds like another 3 weeks or so until we're *official* DVC owners, though.

For anyone who has had luck calling Member Services to get their member number, how long after seeing your deed recorded on the OCC did you wait before starting to call in?

Ok so my deed was recorded today!! Officially in the home stretch!! Only 34 days so far between submitting for ROFR and deed being recorded! I'm going for a DVC resale time record!!

Ours was recorded 9/25, we got our membership number in the mail on 10/13 . I called on 10/16 and a CM got me into the online system. Our membership kit arrived today 10/20. We are all OFFICIAL MEMBERS NOW! :tigger::goofy::mickeyjum
Can't wait to get some DVC merchandise on our trip next week!

I was just searching this forum to see how long i would have to wait for my member number. It looks as though 3 weeks is the time frame for many. We closed 11/20 and our deed showed up on OCC 11/23 so with the thanksgiving holiday who knows. We were hoping for an earlier closing but the lovely USPS took forever to get my check and paperwork to the closing company. Lesson learned not to use them with anything time sensitive!!

This is our timeline
9/5 offer made and accepted
9/9 Sent to ROFR
9/30 ROFR waived
11/4 Received closing documents
11/10 Mailed out documents and final payment
11/13 Documents were supposed to be delived by USPS - but delayed
11/19 Documents received by closing company
11/23 Deed Recorded at OCC

We are currently at day 10 post deed recording, so hopefully in 2 weeks we will have our member number. We aren't even booking a trip anytime soon but just anxious to check out the DVC system and become familiar with it before we plan our first offical DVC trip. Very exciting 40th birthday/Christmas gift to me !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter