Dedicated Boardwalk View - What do you request?

mlill

Tagless since 2000!<br><font color="red">Tagless,
Hi! I'm half-way done reserving our Christmas 2006 WDW vacation in a 2-bedroom Boardwalk Villa with Boardwalk View. We've never stayed in a Boardwalk View room, (we usually do Standard view to save on points) so I'm not sure what to ask for as far as special requests go. I usually request 5th floor, near the elevator. Should I still do that, or is there some other room request that is better for a Boardwalk View - like 'under the Boardwalk sign', or 'above Screen Door store'??? Any opinions or advice???

Thanks!
-Michelle

Bumping because we have a Boardwalk View room in May-June and we were wondering the same things as well.

It's been reported that all of the BW view rooms are non-smoking, but my advice is to make your smoking preference your number one request anyway - unless it doesn't matter to you.

The best views of the IllumiNations higher level fireworks are from the rooms on the top floors that are the farthest away from the elevators. Those are also the rooms nearest to JellyRolls and Atlantic Dance, so if you are a light sleeper, be prepared to hear their patrons leaving early in the wee hours of the morning. :)

If you are travleing with strollers, ECVs, wheelchairs or anyone who has difficulty walking, you may want to be close to the elevators instead.

Beyond that, there's really not much to request - you already have what many consider the best view available at the BWV. IMHO, all the BW view rooms have good views.

Best wishes -

Twice I've made reservations where all I asked for was a top level floor/BW view and both times received 5015/5017 which is located above Big River. Great view, noise at night (not loud except for a night where there was a fight televised over at ESPN, we did hear noise from their) didn't bother us but the horns from the boats on Cresant Lake in the morning did tend to wake us up.

Yep, we were in 5011/5013 this past spring and you couldn't ask for anything better. If you look at the photos from crescent lake, these rooms are the last ones in the "red" part of the building on the right next to the "waves".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter