Decorating your resort room?

Hey everyone-
Today, 3/29, I was looking at my local Walmart ad on line and there's a full page (pg 28) ad for Glidden Disney paint (glow in the dark, glitter and chalkboard). Not sure what they have in store for SAMPLES, but my next trip down you know I'm looking for a Lime Green Mickey head!!!! :hyper:
I'll report back unless someone else can beat me to it!! Fingers crossed!!

CantWaitToGoAgain said:
Hey everyone-
Today, 3/29, I was looking at my local Walmart ad on line and there's a full page (pg 28) ad for Glidden Disney paint (glow in the dark, glitter and chalkboard). Not sure what they have in store for SAMPLES, but my next trip down you know I'm looking for a Lime Green Mickey head!!!! :hyper:
I'll report back unless someone else can beat me to it!! Fingers crossed!!

Was so excited to see this too. But my Walmart had the standard cardboard paint samples. No Mickey shaped ones for me.

:love:
Oh no, I'm not making my own, just the store-bought ones :cutie: I just don't like the way they look from the outside if you have the clings facing inward.

ITA about them not looking as good if you put them with the design facing inward, I'll have to give what you said a try. Maybe the moisture is the "secret" I was missing lol :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone who responded! :goodvibes
I will also have a window cling but i'm haveing my custom made by a great printer in my arena. I told him what i needed for and no promblem. It's going to be a little expesive but it will but it will be well made:love:

I went to Wal-Mart and bought a yard of "clear vinyl", my dd's and I then printed out free coloring pics from various websites. We traced our pics. onto the vinyl, and then got permanent markers and colored in our pics. We now have "home-made" window clings. My daughter also leaves her Mickey and Minnie stuffed animals in the window.

I love the idea of the green Mickey heads....Home Depot here I come! :thumbsup2

I have a ton of that clear vinyl from making lunch sacks! Thanks for the idea!! This will come in handy!:lovestruc

Thanks for the info on the Lime Green, I'll be sure to use that when we go! We now have 3 ADRs. I can't wait for this trip! 130 days and counting!

emilyindisney said:
Bummer! Do you guys know anywhere that might still sell Disney paint? If not, any suggestions for how to find something similarly colored?

I just bought a roll of lime green duct tape, overlapped two pieces to make them into one wider piece, then did it again and stuck them back to back. Then I cut it into a Mickey head and punched a hole in it, and will be hanging it from my lanyard or bag. Durable and waterproof! ;)

I just bought a roll of lime green duct tape, overlapped two pieces to make them into one wider piece, then did it again and stuck them back to back. Then I cut it into a Mickey head and punched a hole in it, and will be hanging it from my lanyard or bag. Durable and waterproof! ;)

AWESOME idea~!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Is there a specific reason? I'm not being snarky, just want to know if it's a big no, no or what.

I'm not sure whether they actually allow it or not, but the maintenance staff does clean all the sidewalks with a cleaning machine every morning, so it wouldn't last very long.

I'm not sure whether they actually allow it or not, but the maintenance staff does clean all the sidewalks with a cleaning machine every morning, so it wouldn't last very long.
Thank you! I was going to write a message to the kids "from" their favorite characters for them to see in when they woke up, but I guess that's not a good idea :)

When we were at BC/YC for my DD sweet 16 we took balloons and sweet 16 decorations and put them all over the room and the sliding glass doors ! Now for my sisters 30th we are in AKL in a DVC room :thumbsup2 So EXCITED does anyone have any ideas for a 30th B day decor ? I know Balloons are a big NO NO in AKL as I have stayed there before but any other ideas ? Thanks

ry%3D400

When we were at BC/YC for my DD sweet 16 we took balloons and sweet 16 decorations and put them all over the room and the sliding glass doors ! Now for my sisters 30th we are in AKL in a DVC room :thumbsup2 So EXCITED does anyone have any ideas for a 30th B day decor ? I know Balloons are a big NO NO in AKL as I have stayed there before but any other ideas ? Thanks

I like the Ballon Idea. I will be going solo in Oct, I have always wanted to buy ballons to put in the room but my DS never was to hot on the idea, i am thinking this would be a good time!,do you just buy the ones In the Park?

I went to bing.com to find mickey mouse head templates, traced them onto solid color scrap book paper. I made two for each mickey head and glued them onto fishing line(back and front). Then the fishing line hung from suction cups.

I've never stayed at Old Key West before but will be in late September. Does anyone decorate windows/doors there? I love to "sassy up " the windows when I go to WDW but don't want to take stuff if no one does this at that resort.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter