Decorating Villa for the Holidays

I am normally a rule follower but sometimes the interpretation of the rule is different by different people. I would think that as long as the lights or window cling items are in the interior of the villas they are fine since the rule says they should not extend to the exterior. It does not say they cannot be seen from the exterior. I am sure people could see our tree from the outside when we didn't close the blinds completely the year we had it set up at OKW. We always wrapped the lights around the railings of the balcony and secured them with those plastic electrical ties which we cut off and disposed of when we left. Of course there are always those who aren't that careful and damage may result.

100_0051.jpg

I was going to include door decorations, but couldn't fit in box along with ornaments. Actually, we'll probably need to figure out a new type box for next year...we'll see how this original box fares this year.:santa:

For your reading enjoyment here are the rules that FW received this year from Disney. From Allears (which has a link to the official Disney doc):

"Starting on October 1, 2011, Disney's Fort Wilderness put the following decorating rules in place:

."

Thanks Kathy -- that's pretty interesting! (Wonder who has to go around with the tape measure checking all that).

Anyone who has been down this year, are folks still decorating the balconies?
TIA! :)

I'm guessing that Disney reascended the policy. I have checked with the management at VWL and BWV and they are not aware of the policy. Nothing was provided with the check in packets either.

:earsboy: Bill

Anyone who has been down this year, are folks still decorating the balconies?
TIA! :)

We are at OKW right now and there is a noticeable reduction in the number of decorated balconies this year compared to past December trips. Nothing was said to us at arrival about the policy.

The policy itself has actually been in place since 1991 and in all documents since then - it is the policy against having anything (bathing suits, towels, etc.) on the balconies at DVC resorts - but has never been enforced or mentioned regarding Christmas decor until this year. The remarks this year make it clear that this is in regard ONLY to decorations on the balcony - inside decorations (even if they can be seen thru windows) are fine and well within policy - past and present.

I think there have been some issues with damage to paint on balcony railings, as well as potential fire issues with heat from incandescent bulbs (use of LED lighting should be a lot safer).

We have noticed a few at OKW and a few at BCV, but a lot fewer than years past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!