Deck 5, 6 or 7?

WeluvDisney2

<font color=teal>Proud member of Klutzes Anonymous
If you were going to book a category 6 room, would you choose deck 5, 6 or 7 and why? Thank you to all of you seasoned cruisers for your expertise! :listen:

I believe category 6 rooms are only on decks 5 and 6 and on deck 5 they are all aft. For that reason, I would personally choose deck 6. We were forward on deck 6 (in a category 8) and it was great; my parents were midship in a cat 6 on deck 6 and loved that too.

I personally do NOT understand all that category and deck stuff...it just seems so confusing. Why they don't just say you are on this deck and leave it at that...hhmmm...(category ??)!!! :rolleyes2

Anyway, I did some research prior to booking with DCL. I went onto "Cruise Critic" as well as the "DIS Boards" and asked about the best decks re: motion issues. They informed me that you want to be HIGH and MIDSHIP. So DH & I selected 7556 on the Wonder when we cruised this past Feb. It was GREAT!!! Being MIDSHIP on either the Wonder or Magic you are easy access to either the 9th or 10th deck where all the pools are and many other features...24hr.soda, Topsiders/Beach Blanket Buffet, Palo's, Signals, Vista Spa to name a few....and then being on Deck 7, it is just a few flights down to Deck 3 & 4 where all the dining rooms are and the theater etc etc. :thumbsup2

We loved it so much we re-booked the SAME cabin for our cruise again in 2007!!! :woohoo:

I would go with deck 6 aft, starboard (right) side. The verandahs on deck six extend about 6 inches more than those on deck 7. I like starboard side because when you pull into Castaway Cay, the starboard side overlooks the lagoon and beaches. I was in room 6616 last July and LOVED it. :love:

Deck 7 - so there are rooms only above and below you. We had mid - aft location and it was great. (7570 I believe)

momrek06 said:
I personally do NOT understand all that category and deck stuff...it just seems so confusing. Why they don't just say you are on this deck and leave it at that...hhmmm...(category ??)!!! :rolleyes2

It is confusing, but there are different types of rooms on each deck - deck 7, for instance, has verandah rooms (category 5) as well as inside (no window) staterooms (category ??), and probably more types even. So its a combination of location and room type, not just one or the other.

I would choose deck 6 and get it midship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter