Deck 4--whats so special?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by princesdi, Sep 2, 2007.

1. princesdi

princesdi Mouseketeer

What is so special on deck 4?:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tikihula

Tikihula DIS Veteran

A cast member told me, and I found it to be true, that Deck 4 has the most comfortable lounge chairs where you can curl up and enjoy the ocean rolling by, or watch a beautiful sunset, or watch the joggers as they trot by on their circuit all the way around the ship. If you go forward to the bow, you can look into the area where the giant anchors and chains are stowed.

If you're talking about the staterooms on deck 4, I have no idea. We were in a secret porthole room on deck 5.

4. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

Deck 4 is great for taking a walk or a job. 3 laps around (or is it 4? - the sign will tell you) equals a mile.

It isn't as windy as deck 10.

There are these great teak lounge chairs with padded cushions. Great for people watching or reading a good book.

I love deck 4.

5. JerseyBelle

JerseyBelle Mouseketeer

Deck 4 was my most relaxing time on board. Early in the morning or late at night I like to take a stroll with my DH or just sit in the comfortable chairs and look at the ocean. As great as it is, it never seems to be real crowded when I choose to enjoy its benefits.:cloud9:

6. princesdi

princesdi Mouseketeer

AWWWWWWWWW:cloud9: This sounds wonderful, I will have to ditch my family:banana:

7. drclaws

drclaws I'd rather be Mousing!

Here are the comfy Deck 4 chairs (unless you happen to be on the 9/8 Western, in which case they're terribly uncomfortable and should be left vacant at all times..........plus, just LOOK at those lifeboats ready to fall right on top of you! Yup, best to leave them vacant for risk-takers like me.)

[​IMG]

8. Lisa loves Pooh

Lisa loves Pooh DIS Veteran

:lmao:

9. CraftyMouse

CraftyMouse <font color=brown>I am ever so grateful for the te

There are no staterooms on Deck 4 (or Decks 3, 9 & 10). Deck 4 is taken up by the Walt Disney Theater, the shops, Studio Sea, Shutters, part of the Buena Vista Theater and Animator's Palette.

10. dweitzel0

dweitzel0 Mouseketeer

You are not competing with everyone who is trying to use the pool, sports deck or buffets. There are fewer kids, but I can take mine along if they are interested in haning out with Dad. It is also less windy, as other posters have mentioned.

11. thomprod

thomprod DIS Veteran

Fresh air with shade, if it's sunny and warm outside.

12. PiperG

PiperG Can't wait to enjoy our one day of summer here in

It is our family's tradition to head up to Deck 4 and play shuffleboard immediately after our embarkation lunch at Parrot Cay. We go to the shady (port) side and play until the stateroom is ready. We rarely see anyone go by and it is total bliss b/c we feel like we have the ship completely to ourselves!

We spend lots of additional time on Deck 4 as well and I agree with all the other posters!

13. scottishwee35

scottishwee35 DIS Veteran

[​IMG]

Wish have more times relax there!!

Scottishwee35:surfweb:

14. professorandmom

professorandmom My favorite girls!

salt spray in the warm evening as I stood in my long dress from formal night - definite scene from Titanic - very special and a fabulous memory
    Barb

15. ImTooExcitedToSleep

ImTooExcitedToSleep dis veteran

16. tink too

tink too DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Your secret is safe with me!;)

Thanks for the tip about the comfy chairs - and don't worry - we're not sailing until May next year so you won't have to evict me from "your" chair!:laughing: