Deck 2 on Eastern cruise

hoppr

Earning My Ears
For the category cabin i want to pay for, deck 2 is the only one available for my sail date. my last cruise we stayed on deck 5 and loved it. i have been on deck 2 and seemed more cramped and loud.

for those you who have stayed on deck 2, was it okay? how was the noise of the families and the engines? did you feel cramped or claustrophic? for me to upgrade to a category 8 stateroom on deck 5 it is $600 more. not worth it in my opinion. Thanks in advance for your replies.

We stayed on Deck 2 last year and had no bad experiences at all. (Midship). In fact, we enjoyed it so much that we requested the same room this year:D

We were on the Eastern on deck 2 in a cat 10. It was fine. It may seem more "cramped" because there are only staterooms on this deck (nothing to breakup the long hallway) unlike on deck 5. What I like about deck 2 is that you can walk the lenght of of ship down there. We walked to where we wanted to be (forward, mid, aft) and then climbed the stairs and "popped" up to where we were going. Next cruise Cat 9, deck 2.

The staterooms on deck 2 are the same size as the same category on deck 5. We've stayed on both decks, and there were things I liked about each. I did not find deck 2 to be noisy (although others have had concerns about being under the clubs at night). Frankly, we had much more trouble with some noisy fellow passengers on deck 5--obviously, that varies from one cruise to the next.

Deck 2 has the library, which we might have never discovered had we not been there. It is very convenient to the restaurants, guest services, etc.

Deck 5 is convenient to the club/lab....I really liked both.

I was in 2004 and loved it. I would stay there again. Convenient, not noisy (some white noise is all) and that cabin was slightly bigger than the others due to the shape of the bow.

We were in #2020 and loved it :p We never had any trouble with noise. We booked the Western and chose deck 2 again. I would have booked the same room but our friends that are going are at the other end of the ship (deck 5) and we wanted our daughters to not have to run from one end of the ship to the other to meet up:teeth: Our friend has had both deck 5 and deck 2 and she said deck 2 was great she only changed to deck 5 to be with other family members. Have fun no matter where you are you'll have a blast!:sunny:

Deck 2, cat 9 aft staterooms IMO are the best value on the ship...

Favorite staterooms in order

you cant go wrong with any of these....

We have stayed on decks 8, 7, 6, 2 & 1 on our various DCL trips....we have actually stayed on Deck 2 a few times and have always loved the location better than other decks.

I did not quite understand the families reference.....there are families on every deck that can be either quiet or noisy.

The hallways are all exactly the same on every deck so you would not feel any more cramped than any other deck. Personally, I have never felt cramped anywhere on the ship!!!!

This was the view from our Deck 2 cabin....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/61027011/61041715kyudwV

Many people assume Decks 1 and 2 are somehow "under" the water line...that is just not so!!!

MJ

We love Deck 2 and have had the same cabin for our last 4 cruises! One of the best reasons not mentioned yet is that you are only one deck away from the gangway so getting on and off the ship on the islands is a breeze!

Also, you are only one or two decks below the restaurants so if you're in a hurry getting ready for dinner, you don't have to wait for elevators.

My only warning would be to check the location of your cabin and not book under any of the clubs where it will obviously be noisy.

With that said, save your money and stay on Deck 2.....you're sure to have a "Magical" cruise!!!:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter