Deck 10 Veranda's on Fantasy shaded or can get sun?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kimberlyelayne, Jan 8, 2013.

1. kimberlyelayne

kimberlyelayne Mouseketeer

On the Fantasy deck 10 veranda's - I know there is a large over hang. Anyone who has been in these rooms, can you tell me do you get any sun on these decks or is it constantly shaded? :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The overhang is pretty large so these are constantly shaded except for about the first/last 30 minutes of daytime.

4. kimberlyelayne

kimberlyelayne Mouseketeer

Thank you. Guess we will plan on going up stairs go get some sun

5. IBelieveInTheMagic

IBelieveInTheMagic DIS Veteran

We had 10566 on the Fantasy last month and I would say there are minimal times with full sun. We took advantage of a military rate available to my Mom and deck 10 was the only deck available. We personally loved the overhang since I'm a skin cancer survivor and don't stay in the sun long and it also protected us from the rain one afternoon.

If I can be honest - the noise was more "irritating" than the overhang. We heard noises pretty consistently from deck 11 and kids running down the hall/stairs that seemed to echo. It wasn't terrible or anything - just mentioning this since the overhang wasn't any concern for us.

Have fun,
    Heather

6. Pluto6

Pluto6 Dream the impossible to make it possible

We sailed the Fantasy on her third cruise this past April and were worried about this exact same thing. We were even concerned about the overhang affecting deck 9 so we went with deck 8 midship. I couldn't have been happier. After looking at a deck 10 veranda the pictures you see really underestimate the overhang. Deck 9 , to me seems to be similar. We really enjoyed deck 8 and rebooked this April just a few rooms away.

7. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We've been in veranda cabins on both decks within the past year. Deck 10 verandas are pretty fully covered by the overhang. On Deck 9 its really not at all noticeable.