December Question

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by njdisneyfreak, Jul 6, 2007.

1. njdisneyfreak

njdisneyfreak DIS Veteran

I have only been to WDW in the summer. Does anyone know about what time it gets dark in December? I was just trying to figure out how much daylight we'd have on our upcoming trip. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MARCIAKAZ

MARCIAKAZ Proud to be called Disney Geek by my kids!

4. mzliza3

mzliza3 Mouseketeer

Thanks! Was wondering the same thing too...

5. njdisneyfreak

6. Cee

Cee DIS Veteran

We always go in Dec. and it's dark by dinnertime(6:00-ish). The parks usually
    close around that time(some are open until 7:00). They all have the fireworks.
    Then it's over to DTD/PI and all the shows. Pools are heated to 80 degrees or
    more and a moonlight swim is :thumbsup2

7. CoralCayTownhome

CoralCayTownhome DIS Veteran

We have been in December a couple of times and it does get dark anytime around 6pm. It is my favorite time of year to visit :goodvibes - all the Christmas decorations are out and the atmosphere is even more magical :wizard:

8. wilda

wilda Mouseketeer

Glad I found this post. I've been wondering what time the fireworks/laser shows happen in the various parks, since it gets dark so much earlier in December.

Wonder if anyone out there can recall what time Illuminations, etc. begin?

9. njdisneyfreak

Actually, go to www.wdwinfo.com and on the left hand side you can click on park hours. Once you are on that part of the site, you go down to December and click on the link they have for fireworks and parades to find out the times for what you're looking for.

10. donna6635

donna6635 Mouseketeer

All the info is great! Going this year in December for the first time too. Can't wait to get there and see all the Christmas decorations!:santa:

11. Epcot82Guy

Epcot82Guy Mouseketeer

I have found that the span from October to early December is now my favorite time. When my family would go, we always went in the late Spring. The resort just has a different feel with F&W and then the holiday decor. Since you are familiar with it, I really think you will find it is a new ballgame. Enjoy. :thumbsup2

12. pikafreaks

pikafreaks Mouseketeer

Great question and awesome answers, I always find my questions already answered here.

This is really a great board!