December: polynesian or wilderness lodge?

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
Going for my first trip to the world this december
4 adults
Polynesian or the wilderness lodge?
Ive read that wl looks beautiful but id love to have a tropical getaway and bigger rooms so im not sure!

Also having a hard time deciding 30% off vs free dining

4 people for 7 nights, 1000$ difference at the poly.
Can you feed 4 on 1000$? We like to do table dining for dinner each night

Thanks!

For Dec. I would usually vote for WL because it has a GREAT Xmas feel but since you have 4 adults in one room I would do the POLY.
There is ALOT of difference in the room size. IMO 4 adults in one room at WL would be cramped. If you can't get 2 rooms I would do the POLY. Just don't expect it to be very Xmas-like.
I think there are also some suites at WL that might be less than 2 rooms, not sure.
I would add-up all the dining you want to do and be sure it works-out better than the room discount. There are only 2 of us so the room-only discount has ALWAYS been better than the free-dining plus we already have our tickets.

The Poly is our favorite resort overall, but the WL is our favorite during the holidays :goodvibes. But like the pp said, with 4 adults, the Poly rooms would provide alot more space as the rooms are very large and all rooms come with a daybed. If decorations are important to you and you want to be surrounded by a Christmas atmosphere, the WL would be the way to go; otherwise, the Poly would be my choice for the extra room and beautiful tropical surroundings ;). With that said, you can't go wrong with either resort as they are both great places to stay. Good luck and have a great trip. Disney at Christmas time is amazing :santa:.

Hi, I am having the same problem as others. I have WL booked for Nov. but I heard from several people that the DVC at the WL where we will be is best for families with several small children. Its just us adults and we usually stay at Poly but I thought the WL would be "more quiet and remote" Am I wrong? Is Poly more geared toward adults. I love kids but I need a slightly quieter vacation this time. What do you think? WL or Poly?

Hi, I am having the same problem as others. I have WL booked for Nov. but I heard from several people that the DVC at the WL where we will be is best for families with several small children. Its just us adults and we usually stay at Poly but I thought the WL would be "more quiet and remote" Am I wrong? Is Poly more geared toward adults. I love kids but I need a slightly quieter vacation this time. What do you think? WL or Poly?

Generally speaking when you enter the VILLAS building at the WL you feel like you have entered a Library. The main building is where all the hustle and bustle goes on but the Villas building is generally very quiet. You can cozy up to one of the fireplaces with a book and coffee and just relax no problem.:thumbsup2 That is why we bought DVC there.

Is Poly more geared toward adults.

IMHO, no resorts at WDW are geared toward adults except perhaps the Grand Floridian and even it is very kid friendly. That's what makes Disney such a fun family vacation.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter