Stoned

<o></o>Bad News Bears

<o></o>The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lava Girl

<o></o>Crash

<o></o>The Honeymooners

<o></o>Fantastic Four

<o></o>War of the Worlds

The problem is, I've seen all I wanted to see out of those! :crazy:

I kinda wish they were showing 'Harry Potter: The Chamber of Secrets' on one of those flights as Jay wants to see it but I'm just not interested...

Thanks for that Goofyish.

A good selection of movies.....only trouble is there will not be enough flying time to watch all the films I want to !!!!

tyke

Some of these are quite old and were around in the summer and on DVD. I would be expecting Harry Potter, Nania if I was going in December. I also would be moaning to the wife about the line up....

Is it me, or are they not showing the newer films on (Econ?) Virgin any more?

War of the Worlds was not showing on my flight today, I didnt think the films were very good coming back.

Reasonable choices Tim :)

Any must sees there for you?

I'm looking forward to Wallace and Gromit. I wanted to see it in the cinema but never got around to it. I'm definately watching that one.

I'm looking forward to Wallace and Grommit - haven't seen that one yet :)

Also the 40 yo Virgin looks funny :)

Stumbled over January's films by accident if anyone is interested outbound:

IN HER SHOES

THE BROTHERS GRIMM

THE CONSTANT GARDENER

EVERYTHING IS ILLUMINATED

FLIGHTPLAN (very odd choice this considering the content!)

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE

SEPARATE LIES

THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE

january looks more interesting than december.....

and outbound in december more interesting than inbound...

what kind of entertainment system do they have? VOD?...or a regular channel system?

On the Gatwick Virgin 747 planes they have a system called Nova which is pretty basic with film channel, TV channels and Radio channels. The film channels all start at the same time and then all restart when the longest film has finished - so you have to wait until all the films have finished before you can watch another film :(

This system is different to all the other planes in the Virgin fleet because the London Gatwick 747 aircraft were bought by Virgin from a cancelled air Italia order and so had the Nova system already installed.

The Nova system was upgrade recently to include more movie channels.

The films don't look too bad, it's a lot more choice than i got when i went with Delta, i was hoping there would be a christmassy film on though just to get us in the mood :love: anyway as long as there are a few on the list that will keep my 2 boys quiet i'm happy :rotfl:

Roll on next wednesday :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

ttfn
Sharon x

I enquired about the reason that Virgin's films were not as recent as they used to be on my last flight. I was sitting next to an off duty steward and got talking and he said Virgin no longer pay for the top package of films available to them as it was a cost cutting exercise and Virgin thought that not all passengers watched these movies anyway.

Goofyish said:
On the Gatwick Virgin 747 planes they have a system called Nova which is pretty basic with film channel, TV channels and Radio channels. The film channels all start at the same time and then all restart when the longest film has finished - so you have to wait until all the films have finished before you can watch another film :(

This system is different to all the other planes in the Virgin fleet because the London Gatwick 747 aircraft were bought by Virgin from a cancelled air Italia order and so had the Nova system already installed.

The Nova system was upgrade recently to include more movie channels.

that's the system the airline we fly uses....i hate it....i hate having to wait for the next round....my mom flies across the Atlantic on either Northwest or KLM....one of them, or maybe both of them has the on demand system.....with a gazillion movies to choose from....much nicer...but not enough to get me onto Northworst....

There's one or two there that looks like I can watch that will send me to sleep ;)

They look fairly good films to me.
Hope you all get time to watch the ones you want.

Anyone got space for me in the hand luggage?

I wanna WDW Xmas Trip!!

Only posting as I am flying out n late February. I know I'm sad, but I have been checking their site since New Years Day :rolleyes:

Just feels that bit closer when you see whats on your flight

WALK THE LINE

In 1955 Johnny Cash walked into Sun Studios in Memphis and changed American culture forever. Singing blistering songs of heartache and survival that were gutsy and unlike anything heard before, he pioneered a sound that blazed a trail for future artists. Based on Cash’s books, and developed for seven years with his close cooperation, the movie showcases how his life began in Depression-era Arkansas, tracing his origins and following his wild tours with Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis. A powerful movie and fitting tribute to an icon of our times ? if you liked Ray you'll love this.

Love Johnny Cash, so looking forward to this one

SHOPGIRL

Mirabelle is an aspiring artist, and a sales assistant in Beverly Hills, constantly struggling to pay the bills. That is until one day she meets a handsome and rich fifty-something guy called Ray who sweeps her off her feet. At the same time, Mirabelle finds herself being pursued by Jeremy, a basic bachelor who’s not quite as cultured and successful as Ray. Who will she choose? Based on Steve Martin's best-selling novel, this is a funny and poignant story of love in the modern age. Truly original and brilliantly witty, Clare Danes' performance is perfect in this whimsical and smart adult romance.

Steve Martin was funny at one time....

SERENITY

A passenger with a deadly secret, six rebels on the run, an assassin in pursuit. When the renegade crew of Serenity agrees to hide a fugitive on their ship, they find themselves in an action-packed battle between the relentless military might of a totalitarian regime who will destroy anything, and anyone, to get the girl back and the bloodthirsty creatures who roam the uncharted areas of space. But the greatest danger of all may be on their ship ? A very satisfying action movie, with some cool special effects and plenty of witty one-liners. Is this Star Wars for a new generation?

dunno....

NORTH COUNTRY

When Josey Aimes returns to her hometown after a failed marriage, she needs a good job. A single mother with two children to support, she turns to the predominant source of employment in the region ? the iron mines. The work is hard and it's an industry long dominated by men, in a place unaccustomed to change. Times are tough and the last thing the miners want is women competing for scarce jobs. When Josey speaks out against the treatment she and her fellow workers face she is met with resistance from those in power and from a community that doesn't want to hear the truth. Inspired by a true story, Josey's journey takes her further than she ever imagined and ultimately to the nation's first-ever lawsuit for sexual harassment.

Sounds like a boring TV movie

THE LEGEND OF ZORRO

A sequel to the 1998 blockbuster, this time round it's 1850 and California is seeking to become the 31st state of the union, but certain unscrupulous individuals, members of a mysterious medieval organisation, are determined to prevent this from transpiring. Once again the masked hero, Zorro, must come to the aid of the people of California so they can become citizens of the USA. Antonio Banderas was born for this role, and he doesn't disappoint in this action packed sequel, which finds him married to the beautiful Elena with a son Joaquin. Packed full of swashbuckling and sword fighting, this is a great family movie.

This should be fun!

TWO FOR THE MONEY

A drama of high stakes set in the adrenalized world of wheeler-dealers whose fortunes are won and lost betting on sports. Brandon is a former college football star whose uncanny ability to predict the outcome of a game introduces him to an unexpected new career when he is sidelined by a crushing injury. Recruited by one of the biggest sports consulting operations in the country and groomed to become a shrewd front man, he soon develops a close relationship with his mentor until his golden touch begins to falter. A taut 'who's conning who' drama, with Pacino putting in a superbly tense performance.

I heard this was poor, even with legend Pacino in it

DOMINO

The daughter of respected actor Lawrence Harvey, and model turned socialite Sophie Wynn, Domino was born into a life of wealth and privilege but which didn't interest her. Rebelling from a young age, nothing impressed her, until she stumbled upon a job seminar recruiting aspiring bounty hunters. Having found her true calling, she joined a colourful band of reprobates that included her ex-con boss, played by Mickey Rourke. Whilst the critics hated this frenzied and gritty biopic, it's still hugely entertaining and wonderfully tongue-in-cheek.

Doubt I'll bother!

THE WEATHER MAN

Popular Chicago weatherman, Dave Spritz has a shot at the big time when a national morning television show calls him for an audition. Professionally, Dave is on top of the world, but his personal life is in complete disarray. The harder he tries to hold on, the more he loses his grip. If you liked Lost in Translation then this is going to be right up your street. Cage is fantastic as the wonderfully phoney cynic, in this beautifully constructed black comedy.

Maybe..

also on V Hot

MARCH OF THE PENGUINS: A glimpse into the life of an emperor penguin. Beautifully shot with an entrancing voiceover by Morgan Freeman, this documentary has been an amazing success. The Americans onboard will have heard of this already.

Heard good things about this.

glad i'm not flying Virgin in February....those sound perfectly awful....
They couldn't do any better than that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter