1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

December 26, 2013 Disney Dream 3-Day Bahamas

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by NCConch, Dec 30, 2012.

1. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

I am a first time DCL cruiser (been on one and half other cruises) and this will be the first cruise for my wife and kids. I am eager to learn from the veteran cruisers and enjoy a quick trip with my family.

We live in North Carolina and will be spending Christmas with my parents in near-by Ponce Inlet. My son gets around with a manual wheelchair and we are staying in stateroom 8090 - 04B- Accessible Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda. If anyone has any tips/tricks for a wheelchair user...

I have read only a little about the Fish Extender gift exchange and the upgrades/Concierge and want to know more.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. princessmocha

princessmocha Mouseketeer

We are going on first cruise on this one too! I don't know a whole lot about it either. Lol. This will be our first time cruising ever... Just a little worried about getting seasick, but I'm hoping since its a big boat I won't have to worry. :-)

We are also cruising with my MIL & FIL and my DH's brothers family. :-)

4. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

5. betsy918

betsy918 Mouseketeer

Hi...My daughter, who will turn 10 right before this cruise , and I are doing a back-to-back-to-back, starting with this one, and ending 2 cruises later. It's still cheaper than doing one 7 night cruise on the fantasy! We have cruised 5 times so far, all with Disney, including a b2b on the Dream last October. We will be sailing on the Fantasy this June, all our others were on the Wonder (2x) and the Magic (1x). Our first cruise was on Christmas in 2011, and we're really looking forward to sailing near the holidays again. You first time cruisers are going to love every second of it!

6. princessmocha

My daughter turns 10 in June!!! Her cousin will be along as wetland she is turning 10 in April! How does your daughter like the kids club? My daughter is bummed she can't go to the tween club. She thinks it will be babyish...

7. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

Who else is cruising with us?

8. princessmocha

We are such a quiet group . . . :) I have been doing a lot of research, I can get kind of obsessed (at least that is what my DH tells me!):lmao: I would love to start a Fish Extender group for us all that want to participate. Since we are such a short cruise, if there are a lot that want to participate we might have to divide the group . . . Anyone interested?

9. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

We might be interested in doing an FE exchange but don't want it to take up too much of our "doing absolutely nothing" time.

10. princessmocha

I absolutely agree. It's such a short cruise. Depending on how many we get that want to participate, we could keep the groups to around 10 cabins or so . . . I'll organize it, but it is our first cruise so I have no idea if I would be doing it right. LOL :confused3

11. anticswithangie

anticswithangie Earning My Ears

Hello there!

I'm super excited to join this group. We are Disney fans but this will be our first cruise. Traveling with DH, DD9, DD7, my parents, my brother, his wife and their DS3. We're celebrating my parents 40th wedding anniversary!

Anyway, I'm reaching out because I would love to participate in a FE group. I stumbled upon the concept yesterday and have become a little obsessed over the idea. It looks like so much fun! If you guys are still interested in doing a small group of 10 of us, please let me join in.

Thanks and look forward to chatting with you!

Angie:beach:

12. TheLeBlanc

TheLeBlanc Earning My Ears

Good evening everyone!
    I see this thread isn't overly active but I just stumbled upon this & the idea of the Fish Extender.
    I would be really interested in doing this too.
    We are First Time Cruisers and are all excited to go.

How would we proceed with this? :)

13. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

Hopefully we can get a cruising vet (betsy918 - hint-hint) to coordinate it.

14. NHshorty

NHshorty Earning My Ears

Greetings all. Just booked yesterday for the 12/26 cruise on the Dream! Have cruised 5 times before on the Wonder and Magic - last cruise was 6 years ago - no fish extenders then! Interested in hearing more and participating perhaps. We are cruising without kids this time!!! Would love to hear tips from veteran Dream cruisers!!

:tigger::tigger::tigger::tigger:

15. Ntrain

Ntrain Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!
    We booked this cruise last week. It will be our 4th Disney Cruise, 2nd time on the Dream. We are actually going for the first time on the Dream in 12 days, very exciting.

I'll be traveling with DH and DS, he turns 5 three days before the cruise so is a surprise for him.

Talk to you later. :)

16. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

Cruising twice in a calendar year? Awesome! I am obviously not using my vacation time correctly.

17. Ntrain

Ntrain Mouseketeer

LOL
    I know once you take a DCL cruise you become addicted. :)

18. pryclssjen

pryclssjen Earning My Ears

Hi everyone, we actually booked our B2B on the Dream last Christmas but I have just decided to find the group. Anyhow it will be the three of us, Jen (me), my husband and 5 year old son. It's our fourth cruise and will be the third on the Dream. Looking forward to counting down the days with everyone!

19. Ntrain

Ntrain Mouseketeer

:) 150 days to go :)

Booking Window Dates
    Platinum Wednesday Aug 28, 2013
    Gold Thursday Sep 12, 2013
    Silver Friday Sep 27, 2013
    New cruiser Saturday Oct 12, 2013

20. fambamaussie

fambamaussie Earning My Ears

Hello everybody,

New in town :goodvibes just started reading all about this FE interested in joining if you guys still have space for a family of 5. First time to cruise and looking forward to it. travelling with me is my hubby, son who is 5 yrs old and my parents.
    Hope to hear from someone.

cheers big ears
    :hourglass :dance3: :santa:

21. StramMom

StramMom Earning My Ears

We are also leaving Port Canaveral Dec 26. I would love to join a fish extender group or organize one if needed. I am a little confused with some of the abbreviations people are using but a friend of mine sent me her Fish Extender spreadsheet from her cruise so I think I could do it. Since some grandparents are going, are they included in FE gifts? So far, it looks like 7 families including my own- my hubby, me, son-7, son-6, daughter-2.