December 23, 2009 ~ Christmas on the Wonder!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by Lemoe, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Lemoe

Lemoe Mouseketeer

It's only 335 days until we set sail yet there is no thread for this cruise!

So here I am fixing it :thumbsup2

Anyway! Lets get this thread going and find how many disers are spending christmas on the Disney Wonder!

I guess I should start :goodvibes.
    I (19) will be on the ship with my girlfriend and my family (Mum, Dad, brother and Grandma). So thats 6 on the boat!

Who else will be cruising with us?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lemoe

Lemoe Mouseketeer

Lol, looks like we're the only ones on the boat!

I guess the pool will be nice and quiet then :cool1:

I have made a simple website to countdown to when we set sail if anyone is interested (It also has our itinerary for the holiday lol). The music may or may not work and the site its pretty poor atm, but it will get better!

Countdown to set sail!!

Only 330 days to go!

4. grantclaire

grantclaire Mouseketeer

I just booked my family of 4 on the Dec 23 wonder cruise! So you will have company.

5. TheBeadPirate

TheBeadPirate Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

... can't wait to get back!

We will join you for this Christmas Voyage. We will have Fish Extender and are in room 6596... It should ne a lot of fun! :banana:

Lori & Rick

6. TheBeadPirate

If anyone is interested in doing a Fish Extender exchange I let me know, I'll start a spreadsheet. I can't believe there's only 3 of us so far!!!

Lori pirate:

7. NCDisneyfam

NCDisneyfam Earning My Ears

Our family will be joining you guys!! We have two boys (ages 13, 10) and would be interested in doing the "Fish Extenders". My parents are also coming! We just need to know how to make or buy the Extender. I am not too crafty!

8. TheBeadPirate

Check ebay for "Fish extender" or "Disney pocket organizer". I also have a link to a primer kind of thing and I think it has directions on how to make one.

Check here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32651483&postcount=378

Welcome!

Right now it looks like just us and you guys for an exchange group.

9. JohnsPrincess

JohnsPrincess DIS Veteran

My husband and I, plus my mom and baby sister (literally...she's 9...) will be on it! I just got the go ahead from him this morning (had to check with his commander) so I already wrote my travel agent and told her we're ready!!!

This will be the first cruise for all 4 of us...so we're GIDDY!!

What sort of things are you supposed to put in the fish extenders if you do it??

I'm a *little* nervous about the weather. I've read that it's *normally* still warm (70s-80) but that it CAN get down real low... Anyone been down there in December before?? I want to do the snorkeling excursion on Castaway Cay, but not if it's 50 degrees out...lol.

Is there a formal night on the 4 night cruise?

:santa:

10. TheBeadPirate

Welcome Aboard!

There is a "dress up" night on the 4 night- dressier clothes, kind of like church clothes.

Check out the link in post 7 about the Fish Extenders- there's a couple of photos of stuff that came in them. Could be almost anything- something fun for the cruise- candy, beads, notepad, pens, highliters- something ffor pirate night- eye patches, tattoos, skull rings, bandanas- something from your state or area- we got maple syrup on our last cruise!- Almost anything!

11. JohnsPrincess

Thank you!!

Okay - so Dress Up night...church clothes...hmmmm...I think I'll have to go shopping! LOL! We (well, my husband) just PCS'd to Arkansas so I have NO Idea what clothes I have there...and none of the clothes I have here will do! Yey!! More shopping!!

Hmmmm...I'll have to check around here and see if there is anything cool from Kuwait that I could do - how many people usually participate? It's Ramadan right now so it'll be about a month until I can get out and about and look around...but I think this is something that I'd enjoy doing!

12. JohnsPrincess

Any idea how the water is on Castaway Cay that late in Dec? My first thought for an excursion was snorkeling... But I'm worried that it'll be too cold. Plus, I'm getting my own set of stuff so if the water was nice...couldn't I just throw it on and snorkel by myself? Hmmmmmm....

13. JohnsPrincess

Okay! I'm having a fish extender made for me! A Christmas one, lol!

14. JohnsPrincess

...I feel like a thread killer on my own Dis Meet thread, lol!!

Both my husband and I & My mom and little sister are in for the Fish Extender group! I've ordered ours and they've ordered their's so That's taken care of! I have an idea of something cute from here in Kuwait that I can get, plus an idea for something else, but I'm not sure, of course, how many I'll need!

I'm going to be ordering a snorkel set for myself and my DH, which I'm excited about, and a new camera for me. I *think* I've decided on the waterproof Cannon.

15. milliesmum

milliesmum Mouseketeer

Hi, me and my family will be on this 12/23 sailing :santa:and although this will be our 4th Disney cruise we have never had a fish extender - until now!! Where do we sign up for the exchange? and how many people usually take part? I need to know how many gifts to bring.
    We will be traveling from England and luggage weight will be an issue so I will have to start looking round for stuff to buy now that will be of a suitable size.
    I need answers! I need help! I need a Disney Christmas!

16. TheBeadPirate

Welcome aboard!!!!

If you plan on doing the Fish Extender Exchange PM me with the following please-

-Screen name
    -Cabin number
    -Number of Adults
    -Number of Children with ages in ()
    -If you are roommates with someone else who is doing the exchange with their own gift (you then would be considered 2 different groups)
    -If there are any allergies (ie nuts, cinnamon, etc in case someone wants to give food)

We can set a cut off date if that helps. Say Dec 1? I'm pretty sure we'll have a almost firm count well before then, but you never know.

Thanks!

Lori pirate:

17. JohnsPrincess

Oooh where in England are you from??? My mom was stationed there when I was in High School so I got to spend a few years and I LOVED it. In fact, we spend Last Christmas in London!! I wanted to go again this year...but figured we should save up a biiitttt more since this time my husband will be with us (and not deployed!!).

I read that you can also send One box to your stateroom ahead of time. I'm not sure what the dimensions can be, but that's an option too!

18. JohnsPrincess

I'll be PMing you in a min.
    I agree with Dec 1! That'll help me a LOT...lol. I leave Kuwait a couple weeks later and then will be traveling to my new home, and then traveling back HOME, and don't know how much "extra" shopping I'd be able to do!

19. JohnsPrincess

Okay! I sent 2 PMs. One for my husband & myself and then one for my mom and little sister!
    Thanks!

**Did you guys hear - our itinerary has changed! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2274768
    We'll be at sea on Christmas instead of Castaway Cay! I'm actually glad!!

20. StephenKay

StephenKay DVC Member VWL 2001

:santa:

Hiya

My husband has just booked us on the Wonder for the christmas sailing on 23rd. This will be our 4th cruise, so we are looking forward to it being a very special cruise as it is over the holidays.

We are DW DH and DD(14) so it should be fun.

I've noticed that there's a previous post from an English family too, so there will be some other brits on the cruise. All our friends think we are mad going on a cruise for Christmas, they think we should be staying at home with the freezing cold snow of the North of Scotland..... don't think so..... give me DCL and castaway cay on boxing day any time :cool1:

Mary Kay
    wife of

21. TheBeadPirate

Welcome aboard!:santa:

I saw you own VWL- so do we! That's where we normally spend the holiday but traded it in this year for the cruise.

If you'd like to join our fish extender exchange group drop me a PM and I'll add you all.

I'm glad to see our little group getting larger!

Lori pirate: