December 2015 Help Thread - What To See & Do (Crowd Calendar Added)

We will be at AKL from Dec 5th-12th.First time around the holidays!!! With the parade taping- is it best to avoid MK on those days? Does anyone know when the taping usually occurs?

We will be at AKL from Dec 5th-12th.First time around the holidays!!! With the parade taping- is it best to avoid MK on those days? Does anyone know when the taping usually occurs?

Parade taping is USUALLY the first weekend in December, but they have tricked us before. It is best to avoid MK on those days because the parks are insane!!

Thank you! Im so grateful you started this thread. For the candlelight processionals- If we have never experienced them before do you recommend the first show at 5pm or the later show? We do plan on getting the dining package as I heard it makes attending much easier

We actually were at MK on a parade taping day two years ago. We have some pics of the two major announcers (Nick Cannon? and some famous actress in a pretty gold dress--I'm really showing my age here!). Except for Main Street, the rest of the park was actually VERY manageable. I liked seeing some of the spectators decked out in their Christmas attire--my favorite was the family all in their Christmas pj's. I would go again on a parade taping day if that worked best for my schedule.

Great thread! I'm tentatively planning a trip Christmas week, 12/20-12/26 or 27.
2 questions:
1) The Candlelight Processional package gets you special viewing of fireworks? I assume that's Illuminations, where is the seating? I haven't looked into that much, but I want to do it, if we can.
2) I know we won't be there for any MVMCP, but I think I remember reading they do the Christmas parade the week of Christmas and New Year's. Is that the only Christmas party opportunity available outside of the party?
Thanks!

Ok, after doing some research, I found the following on wdwinfo:

In 2014, reserved IllumiNations viewing is not included in the Candlelight Processional dining packages.

so I guess with FP+and the dessert party, it's no longer offered with the processional dining package.

Thank you for starting this thread. We are going for our first WDW trip Dec 6-13 and cannot wait. Great to read up and see the photos to get the most of our schedule

December is a fantastic time to be at Disney. We were there this past December (first week). You will have decent weather (maybe not pool worthy, but close). I can't say there was a highlight because it was all so good!

One interesting note, we found the lines for the Candlelight Processional to be less than everyone says. We did go on a weekday when Jonathan Groff (voice of Kristoff from Frozen) was the narrator. We did not have a fast pass from a dinner reservation. We got in line for the second show about 15 minutes after the 1st one started. The line did grow, but not until another 30 minutes. This is a "not to miss" event!

Oh my!!! MVMCP ticket prices are ridiculous. Almost the same price as a 1-day park ticket!! EEEEKKKK!!! Looks like I will not be doing 2 parties this year. I can afford it, but that is ridiculous.

Oh my!!! MVMCP ticket prices are ridiculous. Almost the same price as a 1-day park ticket!! EEEEKKKK!!! Looks like I will not be doing 2 parties this year. I can afford it, but that is ridiculous.

Yeah, the prices are soooo high! We are still doing the MVMCP party on our first day, Dec 3rd party, but not sure I really wanna add a second party either. I was hoping to do the following Thu as well, but it seems silly, even outrageous, to spend an additional approx. $150, just for me, and another $150 for DD24(and she's not gonna wanna spend that for sure, lol!), on top of our $696 annual pass for two parties! And it's hard, it's our fave park, but of the 10 nights we are there, 6 are party nights! We love Mk at night, and like to see wishes often on our trip and but so many parties kinda keep you out of MK a good number of nights in a trip. Feeling a little torn I guess, as I always recommend the party and think it's worth it, but also wishing it wasn't going on so many nights! argh, lol!

This is the first year I have to give up on my beloved October and go in December. Husband got his first teaching job this year so we have to go during Christmas break, the idea already makes me sick with worry, but the other times we can go, summer and spring break are not any better. Hopefully there will be some tips on surviving Christmas week.

I have been out of the country and know this needs some updating. I will have those underway this upcoming week. :)

We will be doing a split stay dec 6-14 at vgf and bwv. Hoping to avoid the MK Xmas parade. Seems like there's so much else to do and to look forward too. Hope the candlelight precessional info comes out soon since we can make our ADRs in June.

We will be doing a split stay dec 6-14 at vgf and bwv. Hoping to avoid the MK Xmas parade. Seems like there's so much else to do and to look forward too. Hope the candlelight precessional info comes out soon since we can make our ADRs in June.

I will definitely add the CP information to this thread when it is released. :) I have not done it since 2009, but I think I will this year......provided that I like the narrator.

We are booked Dec 20-26th AKL. We are thinking CP Christmas Eve with a dinner package Tutto Italia. CRT is our Christmas dinner choice. Any thoughts? Plan B suggestions? It's our 4th trip but first at Christmas

We are booked Dec 20-26th AKL. We are thinking CP Christmas Eve with a dinner package Tutto Italia. CRT is our Christmas dinner choice. Any thoughts? Plan B suggestions? It's our 4th trip but first at Christmas

That sounds like a beautiful way to spend Christmas Eve! And CRT for Christmas sounds lovely!

This is the first year I have to give up on my beloved October and go in December. Husband got his first teaching job this year so we have to go during Christmas break, the idea already makes me sick with worry, but the other times we can go, summer and spring break are not any better. Hopefully there will be some tips on surviving Christmas week.

You will not be disappointed. The biggest thing about Christmas week is to know you will not be able to do it all and the crowds will be thick. Be sure to get to the parks early because they will close if they hit capacity. If you were not planning to have hoppers, please reconsider. If the park you are at hits capacity, that does give you the option to go to another one. Book your FPs for as early in the day as you can so that you leave yourself some room for getting another one (if there are any available). If you book your FPs early, you can do those attractions you want most earlier in the day and then you will feel a little better about the standby lines because you were able to do some things you like already. :)

Thanks for this thread! We have been to Disney many times over the years, but never in December. We are booked for Dec 2-8; so excited - I've always wanted to see the parks all decked out for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter