December 2015 Check-In Thread

We are arriving Nov 28 and staying through to Dec 4. With the Australian Dollar value going down this has turned into an outrageously expensive trip. So staying first two nights at Ramada Maingate At The Park then the remainder at Desert Inn and Suites. If the dollar goes up (I am hoping) would love to have a split stay at one of the Disneyland Hotels. :dumbo:

Hi!

We will be there 12/6-12/11! We will be in the parks for 4 days.

We are staying at the new Homewood Suites-Convention Center! They are scheduled to open Nov. 30th, so I hope there are no delays!

I am coming with my husband, 2 children, my mother and her husband ( who has never been to Disneyland. He did go to DW, many years ago)

So excited, as I have only visited Disneyland in the Spring/Summer.

Hi!

We will be there 12/6-12/11! We will be in the parks for 4 days.

We are staying at the new Homewood Suites-Convention Center! They are scheduled to open Nov. 30th, so I hope there are no delays!

I am coming with my husband, 2 children, my mother and her husband ( who has never been to Disneyland. He did go to DW, many years ago)

So excited, as I have only visited Disneyland in the Spring/Summer.

HI POTENTIAL NEIGHBOR !

We arrive Sat 5th - Sat 12th at the Homewood Suites too ! I've been stalking their website and facebook page and there have been no rumblings of delays yet so I am hopeful.
I'll be down the week before our reservation for Thanksgiving so I plan to swing by too to sneak a peek :) I highly recommend making use of the toy story shuttle since it's so close as it could make it easier !

They are actually scheduled to open early November but are fully booked UNTIL November 30th so I think it will be fine.
Can't wait !!

Dec 1 to 8th.. Can't decide if we will stay at the Fairfield or the Anaheim Marriott, have both booked right now.

HI POTENTIAL NEIGHBOR !

We arrive Sat 5th - Sat 12th at the Homewood Suites too ! I've been stalking their website and facebook page and there have been no rumblings of delays yet so I am hopeful.
I'll be down the week before our reservation for Thanksgiving so I plan to swing by too to sneak a peek :) I highly recommend making use of the toy story shuttle since it's so close as it could make it easier !

They are actually scheduled to open early November but are fully booked UNTIL November 30th so I think it will be fine.
Can't wait !!

Hey there!

Did you switch from Red Lion? Let me know, and I'll adjust the list. :)

I've booked an extended family trip Dec 18-21 at the Carousel Inn. This will be the first time we're surprising the kids....that is if Grandpa, Grandma and Uncle don't blow it.

Thank you, Tyggress! :santa:
December 4 - 8 Paradise Pier Hotel
So excited for our first Christmas trip in 10 years!

December 3 - 7 (4 nights)
I'm still trying to decide between BWPPI and Paradise Pier. To splurge or not to splurge?
It's my daughter's first trip and it will be just the two of us.

We will be at GCH Dec 5-11. Never been at xmas time and also excited about the 60th. A little worried about weather......but trying not to be!

Hi guys, This is my second trip to Disneyland but a first with hubby and my 2 kiddies. We are flying in from Sydney Australia on the 4th December - We are staying off property in out time share Wyndham Dolphin Cove - we will be visiting downtown Disney on the first night but won't hit the park till the Saturday the 5th December. We are thinking of getting a 5 day pass. Our last day In LA is the 11th of December. Then we fly over to FL and will be booking In to Art of Animation for two nights @ WDW to celebrate my 40th - then we go off property for the next two weeks however we will still get Disney park tickets. We were in Wdw only 3 years ago for 16 days on property but this time we had to make cuts as our USA CHRISTMAS N NEW Years VACATION is for an exciting 7 weeks. We are also going to NYC for 3 weeks, Chicago for 8 days and back to LA. So I'm so thrilled and excited to be in full planning mode for both parks. I'd love to hear tips for must dos at Dianeyland as I haven't been for 20 years.

Have a great day
Jen

Hey all! We will be doing PPH Dec 5/6-11 (still working out flights). We love staying on site and this will likely be our last trip, our APs expire in Feb and I can't justify renewing at the new prices :( has anyone stayed concierge at PPH and is it worth it? We can't swing the Grand this time and I'm debating changing dates and staying at the DLH... Or off site! Any thoughts?

Hi guys, This is my second trip to Disneyland but a first with hubby and my 2 kiddies. We are flying in from Sydney Australia on the 4th December - We are staying off property in out time share Wyndham Dolphin Cove - we will be visiting downtown Disney on the first night but won't hit the park till the Saturday the 5th December. We are thinking of getting a 5 day pass. Our last day In LA is the 11th of December. Then we fly over to FL and will be booking In to Art of Animation for two nights @ WDW to celebrate my 40th - then we go off property for the next two weeks however we will still get Disney park tickets. We were in Wdw only 3 years ago for 16 days on property but this time we had to make cuts as our USA CHRISTMAS N NEW Years VACATION is for an exciting 7 weeks. We are also going to NYC for 3 weeks, Chicago for 8 days and back to LA. So I'm so thrilled and excited to be in full planning mode for both parks. I'd love to hear tips for must dos at Dianeyland as I haven't been for 20 years.

Have a great day
Jen

*whistles* What a trip! And an early happy birthday! I had my 40th at Disneyland four years ago. Couldn't have asked for a more magical day! :-)

Have you seen threads mentioning you can catch the Toy Story parking shuttles to/from the park? The lot is just north of your hotel. I haven't done this since we stay across the street (Fairfield Inn) but it's a good option since you are down on Orangewood Drive, especially for the walk back at the end of the night.

Since it's been 20 years, you need to prepare for the crowds, especially since your trip is during the holiday season + 60th anniversary. My best advice is to plan, plan, plan, know what rides are going to be a time investment and how to maximize your experience using the Fast Pass system. There are a lot of strategy posts in the forum to cover specific ride tactics, like Radiator Springs Racers in DCA. My one tip is to stick around for my favorite experience - the lighting of Carsland at dusk with all the Christmas lights - it's a beautiful sight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!