December 2013 Availability

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Dani's First Time, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Dani's First Time

Dani's First Time Mouseketeer

Hi all,

Friends of mine are planning their first trip to Disney in early December. The dates are a bit up in the air - Dec 5th through the 10th is their first choice right now. Availability is terrible. POFQ is booked, POR has no standard rooms available, the only villas available are at AKV, SSR, and OKW.

Any idea what is happening? I thought this was a slower time of year. I even checked the Swan and Dolphin and they are booked as well.

Thanks,
    Dani

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Minniesgal

Minniesgal DIS Veteran

Peak time for Vills resorts so don't expect much DVC availability.

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Early December used to be a slow time, but has gotten very popular the last couple of years. In all honesty, there really isn't any "slow" period at Disney anymore. I'm not sure of the exact dates, but Pop Warner is sometime during the beginning of December, so that might be one reason why resort choices are so limited.

5. jimandami

jimandami DIS Veteran

Pop Warner is the second week of December this year.

6. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

Think again. I have been going the week after Thanksgiving since 2000 and it is now a very popular week. Very few slow periods at Disney anymore.