December 15, 2012 A Yo-HO-HO-HO Holiday Fantasy!

We start spring break on Friday so if you do not see me--know I am doing spring cleaning and semi-annual furniture rearranging.

Am I the only crazy person that has a summer and winter layout for warm/cool months?
Is it because:

A- really I just do a deep clean and have figured out the alternate layout so I don't have to move the furniture back after I clean under it.

B- The television gets a glare in the summer so we have to move it to be able to watch it

C- all of the above

D- None of the above

David, if you wear the right pantyhose you don't have to shave or so I'm told and bobby pins will hold the hat in place. Speedy recovery to your DW
Deepirate:

Hahahahahahahahahahah, Hohohohohohohohohooh, Hehehehehehehehe, ya'll sure are funny DisneyDee27. I held up a pair of DW's pantyhose, First place it took me forever to find a pair - seems SHE doesn't even wear them any more!!! But I did find a pair - held them up....................and.........well a pair of those wouldn't even fit ONE of my legs..........let alone both of them!!! Bobby pins???? Oh yes I remember those.............couldn't find any of those things either!!!! But thanks DisneyDee27 for the kind thoughts.:thumbsup2 DW is almost back to normal. She still LOOKS like a prize fighter but she is getting better with each passing day.

Sorry .........Have been quiet for months.
Y'all have been doing a great job of keeping things going.:cool1:

My daughter and I are so looking forward to this Cruise on the Fantasy.
We spent a Spring Break week at Animal Kingdom Lodge at the beginning of the month. It was fabulous.

Cruisng is so much more relaxing.:love:

This will be my daughters 5th Disney cruise and my 3rd.

You may hear more from me now that the Fantasy has started cruising. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Ciao!
Mer
Welcome back into the mix MerMade!!! Say there, ya'll aren't planning on joining that horrible Hen Peckers Club are you???:confused3 They have been so mean to all of the nice gentlemen:angel: here on the DIS Board. They are making plans to tear down that wonderful, helpful,(they help little ol' ladies cross the street), that kind of helpful, do good organization of the Official Worldwide Man's Club. Why, there was a time when I personally saw my DW...........I mean DH.............take the hand of this wonderful lady at a traffic light to help her cross the street. She was unsure if they should cross the street at that time...........and the nerve of that old lady.............she started to beat my DH about the head and body with this HUGHpurse..........I mean that thing was so big it was all she could do to carry it. (I think she had it filled with nuts and bolts..........it hurt so bad!!!) Well he ran as fast as he could but that lady........ha lady........caught up with him.............I think she use to be a professional runner.............and she slapped him around some more, before he finally got away.

So MerMade you can see, the Official Worldwide Man's Cub is a good club for men and for the world........and all of mankind!!! (By the way, this is David's DW typing this post.........I'm.........I am using his login...........just so ya'll know.) :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Sooooooooooooo.........ladies........gals.............uhhhhhhhhhh..........we still meeting at the.............where is it..............the Atrium.........by the pieano??? I'll be there!!!

We start spring break on Friday so if you do not see me--know I am doing spring cleaning and semi-annual furniture rearranging.

Am I the only crazy person that has a summer and winter layout for warm/cool months?
Is it because:

A- really I just do a deep clean and have figured out the alternate layout so I don't have to move the furniture back after I clean under it.

B- The television gets a glare in the summer so we have to move it to be able to watch it

C- all of the above

D- None of the above

E - Trying to work Kevin way too hard moving all that furniture (I'm sticking up for you boss!!!)

Someone mentioned the Champagne Girls get together. The person that started that a few years ago is on our Hawaiian cruise and she goes by EllaEnchanted. YOu might want to contact here. THe one on the Hawaiian haa about 100 ladies attending and instead of pink boas this time it will be pink Hawaiian leis. It is really a lot of fun and we usually get a group pic.

Wrong,
I move my own furniture!!
Skye

You know Skye, I think that is how Donna keeps beating me in arm wrestling, by moving our furniture around!!! (Guess I could get up off the couch when she moves it!!):confused3 But she hasn't complained so far!!! (I keep getting these looks though!!!):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

So much for a quite day in St. Thomas:scared: Doing some recon on who else will be in port with us and it is not pretty.:eek: Royal Caribbean Oasis and Explorer, Carnival Freedom and Dream, NCL Gem. Without counting in crew, we could be in for 20K :crazy: people in port. So who is up for just staying on board and ridding the Aqua Duck:banana:

:rotfl:

Sorry David,
this Hen owns the TV clickers in my home :thumbsup2

But this mens club sounds like a good thing.
I am anxious to learn more about the girl get together. :laughing: I love dressing up or out.:laundy:

Cheers!
Mer in Jax

What's a toaster?

The toaster is the device in American kitchens that is typically used to make toast or warm bagels. Toaster ovens are a variant of this.

The Hen's Cub uses their toasters to send out secret messages of our plans.
We really do not use toasters, but when I out the special message encoding on so only the members of The Hen Club can see it-- The Member's of the Men's Club see the word toaster for our secret communication device.

If you read old posts you will see they are still trying to figure out what we really use.

Sorry David,
this Hen owns the TV clickers in my home :thumbsup2

But this mens club sounds like a good thing.
I am anxious to learn more about the girl get together. :laughing: I love dressing up or out.:laundy:

Cheers!
Mer in Jax

Mer
Welcome to the Hen's club!
You will fit right in, LOL!

Once school is out for the summer (mid June) I will more actively work on some planning ideas.

Currently I am about to enjoy Spring Break then I have my last quarter for this school year.

On the positive, helping dd10 get her baritone and her glockenspiel down a flight of stairs for band class sure is helping with the fitness plan.

The scale says I've lost 10 pounds!!!!!!!
Still more to go and I haven't even used the old Torture Machine yet.
Skye

Any possibility of everyone on this cruise meet thread posting a picture of themselves or their family prior to cruise time? I would love to be able to recognize people and say "hi" on board - even if we don't all make it to any of the official cruise meet activities on board.

Any thoughts? :goodvibes

Ill try to post pictures of our crew. They may not be recent. Probably wont up load pics until after the FE list (the first one) is done.:laundy::laundy:Some things before the list.:rotfl2:
Lee

What are the wives plans? Is there a pink champagne group or something?

Oh La La would be great for a pink champagne party for the wives. I've been to one onboard and it was hilarious! All the girls wear their loudest pink outfits/shirts and tiaras and it was a lot of fun and crazy. Someone (not me,) arranged a wine tasting as we got to taste some Disney exclusive wines for $5 for sippers and $20 for full drinkers.

Someone mentioned the Champagne Girls get together. The person that started that a few years ago is on our Hawaiian cruise and she goes by EllaEnchanted. YOu might want to contact here. THe one on the Hawaiian haa about 100 ladies attending and instead of pink boas this time it will be pink Hawaiian leis. It is really a lot of fun and we usually get a group pic.

Cheers!
Mer in Jax

Well, since we have at least a trio of CHARTER members of the Champagne Girls on this cruise....I think we shoudl DEFINATLEY have a gathering in Oh La La!

Here's a little history. It all started way back in '08 with the Westbound Panama Canal cruise. Whilst chatting on the cruise meet thread, Deb and Mandy decided having our own Champagne/sparkliing wine tasting would be a good idea. Things esclated (like they tend to do on these threads ;)) and this was the result:

27734_1461071451267_6183273_n.jpg

Yes, a flow blown video presentation was involved.

As assorted memebers when off on other cruises, different versions have ensued:

Last year's LA/Vancouver/Alaska cruise:

250477_10150289955445609_549000608_9566998_5029948_n.jpg

One from September of 09:
8921_1226071856683_1375630259_639892_7611589_n.jpg

One from a TransAtlantic cruise (I wasn't at this one)
67030_434407772454_569297454_5753284_131586_n.jpg

And a teeny-tiny one from last September in "Pink" on the Dream:
374587_2654753252825_2007171849_n.jpg

There have been more than just these and the details of how they were arranged varied from cruise and ship. I know there will be a meeting ON THE MAIDEN VOYAGE OF THE FATASY this week! Disney pretty much took control of how that one is set up. The one for Hawaii (the biggest yet) will be about 97 ladies at last count!

With our much smaller group, we can just plan a day (sea day, I'd think) and time for the ladies to GET THEIR PINK ON and meet up for a glass of bubbly (or beverage of choice)

What say you ladies?

Here's a photo of the gang in my cabin for this cruise:

35110_1545816849849_1367861297_31462377_2468603_n.jpg

That's me in the middle....peeking :rolleyes1

Hello Everyone! Plan on booking this cruise sometime next week to celebrate my MIL's retirement at age 74!! It will be DH,Myself,DD13 and MIL. I was VERY active on DIS when we cruised in 2007, 2008 and had an AWESOME experience with our DIS group, so naturally as soon as we settled on a date I had to return to the DIS BOARDS to meet up with you lovely cruisers!!

Could you please direct me to any postings about activities you might have planned, and if there is a master list of those participating?

Hope to officially join soon

The Mills Family ( Pam, head DIS'er for the family LOL)

I hereby appoint Ibouncetoo to arrange the champagne girls event!

Will do! :thumbsup2

Any ladies interested, just post here. Later on we'll decide a day and time and I'll get everyone's cabin numbers in case there are issues/changes or to send reminders once we are on the ship.

I think I have a page one post, so I'll keep an updated list there also.

Edited to add: Yep, see post #3. I started a list based on recent posts here, but let me know if your (or you WIFE) is on the list and shouldn't be. Mer, is your daughter an adult and if so we she be participating?

That's all for now...past my bedtime even for a Saturday night!

Hello Everyone! Plan on booking this cruise sometime next week to celebrate my MIL's retirement at age 74!! It will be DH,Myself,DD13 and MIL. I was VERY active on DIS when we cruised in 2007, 2008 and had an AWESOME experience with our DIS group, so naturally as soon as we settled on a date I had to return to the DIS BOARDS to meet up with you lovely cruisers!!

Could you please direct me to any postings about activities you might have planned, and if there is a master list of those participating?

I want to :welcome::welcome::welcome: DreamCruiser100 and family to the cruise. Here's hoping ya'll do officially do join our merry group here. We are going to have a blast on board the Fantasy in December this year. With all of the activities, the new ship, stopping in San Juan, the ship and Castaway Cay all decorated for Christmas,:santa: how can this NOT be the best cruise a sailing!!!

On the very first page is information and a link to the website that has a cruiser signup. We really do not have any activities in concrete except Fish Extender group and Secret Mickey's If you need information on these, PM me. I am keeping the Master Cruiser List and theFE andSE coordinator. I am not organizing other activities (but to plan to try to make as many as possible)

Welcome to our cruise Pam and Mills family:cheer2::grouphug::cheer2:

Lee (Luveeyore haere on the Boards)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter