December 15, 2012 A Yo-HO-HO-HO Holiday Fantasy!

Sorry you dont think you look good in the uniform!! I dont think I look good in mine either. I dont have the problem of the hat falling off my head--I thinak my cap is in the closet in its plastic storage bag. My problems include hair coming out of the scrub caps I wear, forgetting to take off my necklace and earrings( and when I do where I put them). No skirts for us...that would not be a pretty site where I work!! Our problems with the scrubs we wear, ugly or green, the size packs we get say they contain certain sizes and they do but the medium pants one day wouldnt fit the xtra small coworkers and the next day I need suspenders. One day the v neck tops come to our chins the next day we look like hoochie mommas with our low necks. Now unlike you David, if I get goobered, I dont have to wash mine uniforms and I have more clean where they came from and I spend no money on uniforms(just shoes, socks and scrub hats) . I m not sure who designed nursing uniforms but they sure need some improvement.

In all serousness, I hope DW is doing better!!

Happy monday everyone. Back to the grindstone tomorrow - Friday!!

Thanks LuvEeyore, DW is doing pretty good. Still sore as all get out, and still hobbling around like Peg Leg Pete, but that to will pass. Just going to take some time.
I know what you mean about the uniform not fitting. You see this was originally DW's uniform. (She took care of two kids and me...........better make that 3 kids counting me!!!) And she is not even 5ft tall and weighs in, soaking wet, at around 100 lbs. And Me..............well lets just say I am a tad bit bigger then her. Can't seem to pull the top down over the big ol' belly..................and that big ol' belly wants to hang out over the skirt part. (Was I able to put an image in ya'lls brain!!!) It's an ugly site to behold to say the lest. Makes you want to skip breakfast, lunch AND dinner!!! But it looks like I can put aside the uniform for the next time. (Note to self - plan on losing some weight before trying on that uniform again why don'tcha!!!):lmao:

Hello all! We just booked for this cruise, our first holiday vacation! Happy Hanukkah at sea and pre Merry Christmas!:santa:

I'm a part time travel agent and I took a tour of the Fantasy while it was here in New York and we are all in for some major Disney magic! Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them the best I can!

Figment

Wecome to our humble crew. I 2nd that if you have any pics please post. I am sure as we get closer there will be many questions to ask.

Hey David maybe we can get another member for the Worldwide MAN club:cool1:

Kevin.

Wecome to our humble crew. I 2nd that if you have any pics please post. I am sure as we get closer there will be many questions to ask.

Hey David maybe we can get another member for the Worldwide MAN club:cool1:

Kevin.

Hey Kevin..............DUDE......................see that is why YOU are the President of the official Worlwide Man's Club. I think that is a great idear you have there good buddy. Hey there Figmentnnemo, President Kevin and me...........I...........no, no, it's me................well it's one of me or I................whatever................both of us would like to recruite you for the Sargent of Arms position of the Official Worldwide Man'a Club. We don't have any formalities here, pretty laid back, you can call the President good buddy ifn' you want to. You would be in charge of taking attendance, the minutes of the meetings, (we haven't had any as of yet), really the meetings last only seconds..........never had one last a minute before!!! This is a non-paying position.............heck Kevin and I.............me..........whatever......don't get paid either. But, would you like to join our fantastic man's club? Sure hope so..........we need members like crazy here!!! If you would like to know more how this club came into being, read over the past posts for this cruise. You will see we men had to unite to go up against the DW's on this cruise. (They banded together against us men...................we had no choice.) It was unite or suffer a worst fate then....................ok, ok, ok................I'm going to say it.................but Kevin it has to be said..................I know, I know...............it is something that has been our worst fears for some time now.............but it needs to be put out there in the open................a fate of losing control over the TV remote!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: Sometimes I can feel it slipping out of my fingers................usually after a I have eaten potato chips, it slips out of my fingers.

Morning & Happy Sunday to all.

I am taking care of DW this week-end. She had an accident this past Thursday. She works at a fairly large company in Clearwater, FL. And, she is salaried - now not everyone who works there is salaried, most are hourly employees, and have to punch a time clock - so to speak. So DW arrives at work - parks the car and is walking to the entry door. There is a curb you have to step up on to from the parking lot. Now DW is just barely 5 ft tall and weighs around 100 lbs. Another employee who we assumed was an hourly employee and was running late for work came running up behind DW. It was just before 7:00am so it was still dark outside. Just as this other employee, who was about twice the size of DW, stumbled and ran into DW. Now their feet got tangled and they could not step up onto the curb, both of them hit the curb with their feet and went head first onto the sidwalk with the other employee landing on top of DW. DW's glasses went into the top of her eye causing a deep gash and now her eye is all black and blue. She has several scrapes and scratches on her knees and hands and shoulder. She said that everything on her whole body aches. She is lucky she didn't break any bones. DW asked this other employee if she was alright, and she said I'm fine. This other employee got up and took off running for the door - didn't ask DW how she was, DW said she has never seen this woman before. Just one of those freakish accidents.

So I am playing nurse this week-end for her. I have to tell you - I don't look good in the uniform. The hat keeps falling off my head - the skirt is way too tight - and I refuse to shave my legs!!!
David, if you wear the right pantyhose you don't have to shave or so I'm told and bobby pins will hold the hat in place. Speedy recovery to your DW
Deepirate:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't know how to post photos here, LOL! If you want to PM me, I'll tell you where to find some!

We are really looking forward to this cruise! We are thinking about doing the MVMCP on Friday to kick off our holiday fun in a magical way if it is offered! (I would hope it is, as it is the last Friday of party season!) Anyone else?

I too want to :welcome::welcome::welcome: figmentnnemo and family to the cruise. We all are a fun bunch on here. Some, (who will remain nameless), are a little crazier, (you know who you are), then others. But, all are a little bit off the wall and excited about going on this cruise.

And, as LuvEeyore said if you took any pictures while on you tour of the Fantasy, please post them. We all would love to see them. Again welcome to the cruise!!!

What are the wives plans? Is there a pink champagne group or something?

Hey Kevin..............DUDE......................see that is why YOU are the President of the official Worlwide Man's Club. I think that is a great idear you have there good buddy. Hey there Figmentnnemo, President Kevin and me...........I...........no, no, it's me................well it's one of me or I................whatever................both of us would like to recruite you for the Sargent of Arms position of the Official Worldwide Man'a Club. We don't have any formalities here, pretty laid back, you can call the President good buddy ifn' you want to. You would be in charge of taking attendance, the minutes of the meetings, (we haven't had any as of yet), really the meetings last only seconds..........never had one last a minute before!!! This is a non-paying position.............heck Kevin and I.............me..........whatever......don't get paid either. But, would you like to join our fantastic man's club? Sure hope so..........we need members like crazy here!!! If you would like to know more how this club came into being, read over the past posts for this cruise. You will see we men had to unite to go up against the DW's on this cruise. (They banded together against us men...................we had no choice.) It was unite or suffer a worst fate then....................ok, ok, ok................I'm going to say it.................but Kevin it has to be said..................I know, I know...............it is something that has been our worst fears for some time now.............but it needs to be put out there in the open................a fate of losing control over the TV remote!!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: Sometimes I can feel it slipping out of my fingers................usually after a I have eaten potato chips, it slips out of my fingers.

Figmentnnemo leads me to my next question... :goodvibes (Thanks)

Does anyone know when the MVMCP schedule is released? And/or when tickets become available?

I can not wait to see the holiday overlay!!! :banana: I am almost as excited to see that as I am about the cruise. :rolleyes:

Probably next month, I think the tickets usually go on sale around May 1; I'll try & put a note up when they let us TA's know.

And I'm super excited to see the holiday stuff too! I'm interested to see if they do anything for Hanukkah while we are on board.

Figmentnnemo leads me to my next question... :goodvibes (Thanks)

Does anyone know when the MVMCP schedule is released? And/or when tickets become available?

I can not wait to see the holiday overlay!!! :banana: I am almost as excited to see that as I am about the cruise. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't know how to post photos here, LOL! If you want to PM me, I'll tell you where to find some!

We are really looking forward to this cruise! We are thinking about doing the MVMCP on Friday to kick off our holiday fun in a magical way if it is offered! (I would hope it is, as it is the last Friday of party season!) Anyone else?

Welcome
We're thinking of doing MVMCP as well either Thursday or Friday.

What are the wives plans? Is there a pink champagne group or something?

The Wives here are affectionately known as the Hen's Club. I'll be sending out a secret message on the toasters tomorrow at noon.
Our goal is to steal all television remotes and make them ours (or so the men think)
Really- we just want to relax on the cruise and not have to do any dishes!
We'll be planning some Hen's Club activities.

So far we are planning a joint Men's Club Hen's Club outing at O'Gills

Probably next month, I think the tickets usually go on sale around May 1; I'll try & put a note up when they let us TA's know.

And I'm super excited to see the holiday stuff too! I'm interested to see if they do anything for Hanukkah while we are on board.

That would be neat to attend.
I can join you on the first verse of "me n mylel" (no clue how to spell it, but my bff taught me this and I taught her Christmas carols growing up)
Skye

I will fully execute the rank of sergeant at arms to the best of my ability.:thumbsup2 I pledge to follow the presidents orders (unless I fell they go against the core beliefs of the club, then mutiny will ensue)pirate: If the Hens club think they can out smart us by stealing the prized remote of the gods, I will formally declare a act of war against them or any other hostile group that dares to steal what does not rightfully belong to them. Remember ladies, we know how much you prize your shoe/ purse collection....:eek:

I will fully execute the rank of sergeant at arms to the best of my ability.:thumbsup2 I pledge to follow the presidents orders (unless I fell they go against the core beliefs of the club, then mutiny will ensue)pirate: If the Hens club think they can out smart us by stealing the prized remote of the gods, I will formally declare a act of war against them or any other hostile group that dares to steal what does not rightfully belong to them. Remember ladies, we know how much you prize your shoe/ purse collection....:eek:

As the President of the Worldwide MAN Club, I would like to give a warm welcome to our new Sergant at Arms:cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Kevin

Hey Kevin - Boss Dude - Mr President we got us a new member of the Official Worldwide Man's Club!!! He is a real go getter - a man who will stand up in the face of the Hen Pecker Club. (Kevin, you and I must stand behind him to show our support of him - you.....you stand right behind him Kevin and I'll...............I'll..........I'll be.......right behind you!!!)

David I am glad I am not the only one who does not know how to post pics.Hopefully next week when my daiughter comes she can post the Fantasy pics. We got a few nice ones with the fireworks.

They are having a celebration on Sat at Jetty Park for the maiden voyage of the Fantasy. We hope to go

David I am glad I am not the only one who does not know how to post pics.Hopefully next week when my daiughter comes she can post the Fantasy pics. We got a few nice ones with the fireworks.

They are having a celebration on Sat at Jetty Park for the maiden voyage of the Fantasy. We hope to go

I'm looking forward to seeing your photo's Charlotte.:thumbsup2 The maiden voyage of the Fantasy will be something to see. Hope you can take some other photos of the maiden voyage and post those as well. I'm sure your daughter will have better instructions on posting. To be honest with you, I have only done it once or twice myself, and that was a couple of years ago.

Sorry .........Have been quiet for months.
Y'all have been doing a great job of keeping things going.:cool1:

My daughter and I are so looking forward to this Cruise on the Fantasy.
We spent a Spring Break week at Animal Kingdom Lodge at the beginning of the month. It was fabulous.

Cruisng is so much more relaxing.:love:

This will be my daughters 5th Disney cruise and my 3rd.

You may hear more from me now that the Fantasy has started cruising. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Ciao!
Mer

Still recovering from my weekend away...and then I broke a tooth yesterday! Thankfully I can type without having to talk! Tooth is repaired, but my jaw and mouth are soooooo sore. Soup for me today.

I'm hoping that info is released on San Juan in the next month or two. I keep checking back. We just chill onboard on the Bahamas cruises, but I definitely want to check out the ports on this cruise!

We did a tequila tasting on the Dream and it was really interesting. I'm thinking of checking out others on upcoming cruises.

I can make ADRs tomorrow for our fall trip. I have to see about finalizing what we want to do!

Oh La La would be great for a pink champagne party for the wives. I've been to one onboard and it was hilarious! All the girls wear their loudest pink outfits/shirts and tiaras and it was a lot of fun and crazy. Someone (not me,) arranged a wine tasting as we got to taste some Disney exclusive wines for $5 for sippers and $20 for full drinkers.

Skyline is a posh lounge that might work well too for the hens.

The lounges are smaller with more of them.

O'gill's is a bit small if we have a large crowd. LaPiazza or the Tube would fit a larger crowd.

What's a toaster?

Welcome
We're thinking of doing MVMCP as well either Thursday or Friday.

The Wives here are affectionately known as the Hen's Club. I'll be sending out a secret message on the toasters tomorrow at noon.
Our goal is to steal all television remotes and make them ours (or so the men think)
Really- we just want to relax on the cruise and not have to do any dishes!
We'll be planning some Hen's Club activities.

So far we are planning a joint Men's Club Hen's Club outing at O'Gills

That would be neat to attend.
I can join you on the first verse of "me n mylel" (no clue how to spell it, but my bff taught me this and I taught her Christmas carols growing up)
Skye

Nemo,

You can have the shoes. They are all yours. You'd look great in the cream heels from our wedding.

I'll even GIVE you a purse to match.:rotfl:

Figment

Any possibility of everyone on this cruise meet thread posting a picture of themselves or their family prior to cruise time? I would love to be able to recognize people and say "hi" on board - even if we don't all make it to any of the official cruise meet activities on board.

Any thoughts? :goodvibes

Any possibility of everyone on this cruise meet thread posting a picture of themselves or their family prior to cruise time? I would love to be able to recognize people and say "hi" on board - even if we don't all make it to any of the official cruise meet activities on board.

Any thoughts? :goodvibes

No clue how to post pics here, plus it's a public forum. (no pics of dd10 allowed to be posted anywhere on pain of death- on her orders- don't you love that age!)

Skye

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter