December 14, 2013 Disney Wonder 7 night Bahamian Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by MikeAndNick, Jan 25, 2013.

1. MikeAndNick

MikeAndNick If you can dream it, you can do it.

We are at 6 months and we sail :banana:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. owigotprcd

owigotprcd Earning My Ears

Good luck! Were you able to change your sail dates? My girls are 4 and 8 and have only played with boys growing up so I'm sure they would get along.

Sorry I didn't say hi sooner, this is my busy season with no school for my kids and work picking up. Let us know!

4. spuckett

spuckett Earning My Ears

Hello, I am a first time cruiser with a 8year old girl. Will you all be doing the extender? If yes I'm interested and would like more info if you have it.

Thank you

5. MikeAndNick

Yes, we have the list started. The information is on the first post (page 1). Most of the people on the cruise is also on Facebook. There is a group site setup at Link to Facebook Group . If you are not a Facebook user that is OK, people are monitoring this board or you can do like me and just start Facebook long enough for the cruise then close it.

6. jfarnham09

jfarnham09 Earning My Ears

Hi everyone I finally found our cruise thread. This will be our first Disney cruise and we are so excited. I learned about FE from a former cruiser and it sounds really fun. We are celebrating the adoption of our twin 8 year olds. There is 6 of us so we have two rooms but they are next to each other. I filled out the google doc one for both rooms. Should I have filled out one for each room? Also please let me know any other info I need to know for the cruise I'm already planning my Fe and gifts

7. MikeAndNick

Welcome to the cruise. :cool1:

8. disneyfamily96

disneyfamily96 Earning My Ears

This was so much help! We have a family 6- Brandon, Renee, Kristina, Brianna, Alexa, and Makayla. Brandon and Renee are in their thirties, Kristina is 17, Brianna is 15, Alexa is 4, and Makayla will turn 2 in October. Makayla loves Minnie Mouse. Alexa's favorite characters are Rapunzel and Tiana. Kristina loves Nightmare before Christmas, Alice in Wonderland, and the Disney Princess movies. Brianna likes Tinkerbell, Rapunzel, and Peter Pan.

9. disneyfamily96

disneyfamily96 Earning My Ears

Is the whole cruise split up into groups or is it just one big group? if it is multiple groups, how do you find a group. If it is just one big group, how do you find out how many people there will be?

10. MikeAndNick

There are 23 families from the cruise on the Facebook page. We have created a private Facebook page for us. Many of us have done this in the past and it worked out really well to share information. We are able to ask and answer things there that the DISBoard does not allow. If you do not have Facebook you can do like me and just create an account and after the cruise cancel the account until your next cruise.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/616804305001868/

11. pasofan

pasofan Mouseketeer

Yea! I just got confirmation we will be on this sailing.:banana: It was torture waiting for the radio station and Disney to share my information and book our trip. I have submitted a request to be added to the FB group.

12. owigotprcd

Sweet! So radio? Do tell!

13. BAIC03

BAIC03 Earning My Ears

Hello all! We just booked yesterday. This is our 6th Disney Cruise, the 3d on the Wonder- and our first with our DD and out of Galveston.

Looking for the FB page and what the blazes is a FE? I know what it stands for but what is it for?

14. BAIC03

BAIC03 Earning My Ears

Nevermind- just saw the FE thing.

15. owigotprcd

Welcome! Let me know if you have any questions about the FE! There are a few experienced FE'ers on here. Have you joined the Facebook group yet?

16. owigotprcd

I meant to ask, have you been on the Magic as well? I am curious how different they are.

17. mom2val

mom2val Can't wait to go back

18. BAIC03

BAIC03 Earning My Ears

We have been on the Magic, 3 times, and the two ships have similar 'bones' but the decoration and some of the restaurants are different. One is Art Nouveau and one is Art Deco. There is Lumiere's instead of Triton's. Mickey is at the helm of the Magic in the Lobby and Ariel is on the Wonder. The hull decoration fore and aft are different. But the stateroom layout and public space layouts are all the same. Hope that answers your question!

19. deniseyeosulyn

deniseyeosulyn Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! We just booked this cruise through SWV, payment pending. We are from Singapore and this will be our first cruise ever! Glad to hv found this thread. Can't wait to join in the excitement once payment is settled. In the meantime, I hv a few qns:

1. I learnt about SWV via mouse savers.com. So far, they hv been quite prompt (given the time difference) but am just wondering if anyone has other travel agent/agency recommendations so perhaps I could make some comparisons.
    2. Our flights to Houston hv been booked and we're now making arrangements for accommodation and car rental, mainly through airbnb & relayrides. We'd be happy to hear from anyone who has a room/car for rent or could hook us up with someone, or any suggestions/advice for that matter.

Counting down!

Cheers,
    Ben (31), Denise (30), Rebekah (5)

20. MikeAndNick

I cannot recommend my travel agent on the DISBoard because it is blocked by the owners of the DISBoard. If you post on our Cruise Facebook page everyone there can let you know their travel agent and why they love them. There are also people from Texas on the Facebook page and can help with logging recommendations. https://www.facebook.com/groups/616804305001868/

21. MikeAndNick

I have cruised on the Wonder and Magic and cannot tell one from the other. I know there are differences but from man that does not pay attention to decorations I though they were identical. It was nice that I knew where to go because everything is in the same place. :teacher: