Dec 26th shopping

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by coastiewifern, Dec 23, 2009.

1. coastiewifern

coastiewifern DIS Veteran

Where do you like to pick up bargains on Dec 26th and what do you usually find?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ncmickeyluvr

ncmickeyluvr <font color=darkorchid>darn. I really like being r

We're usually getting Christmas decorations and supplies...wrapping paper, tags, bows, etc...the morning after Christmas. I could never pay full price for wrapping paper. I'm usually at Target, Walmart, etc first thing .

4. QVCshopper

QVCshopper DIS Veteran

I'm going to Target on Saturday morning. Looking for wrapping paper and small toys, as well as candy for my hubbie's office candy jar. Maybe paper goods and snacks for my kid's school. Who knows what I'll end up buying!

5. coastiewifern

coastiewifern DIS Veteran

I stumbled into JCPenney's last year and got some great Disney holiday decor.

6. Bearvet

Bearvet DIS Veteran

We live about 30 minutes from the Yankee Candle flagship store in MA. I call it the Disney World of candle stores - if you're ever in the area, you really must go there - it's huge!

Anyway, my best friend and I arrive 15 minutes before opening on Dec. 26. They have amazing prices on lots of candle and holiday items. The best stuff goes quickly. It's great to have these on hand during the year if you need a gift and most things I gave this Christmas from last year's sale (great for school gifts, Yankee Swap at work, etc.). Time to restock! Some people have 2 shopping carts full of stuff!

Then we go out for an early lunch and head home. We also buy things to put in a raffle basket - we each pay $25 and the basket ends up at over $100 value.

7. SILLYANDI

SILLYANDI DIS Veteran

My daughter's birthday is Dec 31 and we are having a blow out "Willy Wonka" birthday party so I am looking for great deals on Christmas candy to decorate the chocolate factory with!

8. RangerPooh

RangerPooh DIS Veteran

We ahven't done this in years but we use to head to Target to get clearance gift wrap and decorations. We'd also hit Old Navy and JCP to see what's there. Some years we made out like bandits!

9. JLitfin

JLitfin love Disney

I will be working the day after Christmas. I work at a Gift store that sells Hallmark items, not much left this year so hopefully the mad rush doesn't last long.

10. coolbeans

coolbeans <font color=blue>What was that yellow bar?<br><fon

I will be at Target and looking for...
    bounty paper towels (my family is used to using the Christmas ones in June!)
    kleenx (I have a little thing that covers the box anyway)
    plates
    cups
    wrapping paper
    bows
    scotch tape (target usually has it half off too)

i'd like to Christmas my bathroom next year so i'm looking for stuff for it this year...
    stocking stuffers
    candies
    and a wreath for my front door.

DH is looking for all the stuff to make the yard look even brighter than it is now. :lmao:

we have to take two carts.. i run faster than DH though.

11. Born2Cruz

Born2Cruz Mouseketeer

Can anyone help me with what time the stores open? My husband and I live in a small twon and have to travel to get to a large town. We are planning to go early in the morning but don't know about times. Looking for Target, Walmart, Kohls, or any other place you all know of that have great deals.:surfweb:

12. coolbeans

Target ususally opens at 7 and walmart at 6... don't know about the others.

13. englishteacha

englishteacha <font color=magenta>I've just gotten crazier over

We'll be on a quest for Christmas lights.

14. Tinkerbell58

Tinkerbell58 DIS Veteran

I received some sale flyers with my newspaper today. Here are a few store openings for Saturday:

JC Penney - 5 a.m. (coupons in flyer)
    Macy's - 6 a.m. (coupons in flyer)
    Sports Authority - 8 a.m.
    Sears - 7 a.m.
    Kohl's - 6 a.m.
    Boscov's - 8 a.m.
    Michael's - 7 a.m. (coupons in flyer)

Happy Shopping!

15. mum4jenn

mum4jenn <font color=purple>My dd is the love of my life!!<

I am going for wrapping paper ans hopefully electric blankets.

I bought tons of paper about 5 or 6 years ago and just now need more.

16. leahjade

leahjade DIS Veteran

Anyone know if Target is doing 50% off Dec. 26? I was disappointed in their 30% off after Halloween!

17. coolbeans

oh heck, i sure hope so! it's the only reason i would go!!

18. Starbrite

Starbrite DIS'ing since 2004........... Didn't like my old n

I'm watching for the Yankee Candle sale! I believe the last couple years the Christmas items went 1/2 off on the 26th. :cool1:

19. minnie1928

minnie1928 WDW addict

anyone remember when the good deals started happening online? I planning on going to Target on 12/26, but beyond that I think I'll be surfing the web.

20. dhertz

dhertz Vinylmation and Donald Duck Nut!

Every year I go to Hallmark the day after Christmas to pick up the ornaments on sale that I wanted.

21. Epcot luvr

Epcot luvr Mouseketeer

I was at Target tonight 12/24 at 6:55, 5 minute before closing. I was doing some wrapping and found one of my purchases had been opened and was missing the travel pouch, luckily they had an unopened one on the shelf which I exchanged mine for . Anyway, I checked out out the gift bag selection to see if I should hit Target or Walmart on 12/26. Target had no gift bags left, kid you not. Very slim pickings left in the Christmas section compared to last year. This afternoon Walmart had much more on their shelves and while the toy section and electronics were busy, the gift wrap Christmas stuff had very few shoppers. I will be going to Walmart first for gift bags.