Dec. 2012 availability

melissac

DIS Veteran
Ok need some thought.

Looking at going to Disney Dec1-8 this year. We own at SSR and are fine at staying there but can stay at OKW for less points. I really don't want to borrow points(spent to many last year) for a SSR ressie now if I can get in to OKW(2BR) at the 7 month mark. Then I have borrowed points that I won't need.

Any thoughts on waiting until May 1(7 month mark) and possible no availablity. We don't need to be near HH any 2BR will do.

Another thoughts on: first choices even though I have to borrow are BLT, BCV, BWV thoughts on chances at 7 months same time frame. Have any owners looked for availablity at above resorts recently and not found availablity recently

Thanks so much for your help.

I just booked a 2 bedroom ressie at OKW for the same exact dates last week with no problem.

Since you probably will have no problem getting into SSR even after 7 months, I would wait and see what is available at your 7 month mark. Then you can decide on OKW or borrow for your other choices.

From what we have been seeing, SSR is usually available even at 2 months out for the most busy times of the year (for Easter time you could still get anything there easily at 2 months out except THV's, while at all other resorts there was no or only spotty, a day or two, availability). Thus, you are likely safe waiting for 7 month window to try to reserve if your back-up is SSR.

Be aware that as of right now you are aleady sunk for BWV. Everything there is shown as booked for the week. I am guessing your chances at BLT and BCV are the same.

That is what I thought about BWV, BCV and BLT but one could hope. Need to look on positive if I can get OKW it will be less points and because we won't have Kids I have always wanted to stay in the very last buildings(45, 46,55) on the river. Maybe I will get lucky with that request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!