Debt Dumpers - 2015

:teeth:
Murphy came for a visit this week but thankfully only to the tune of $194!!! That was for a new battery, air filter and testing on my car. I had that money in my EF so now I will be working on saving a bit more instead of debt. It felt good to say give me a minute to transfer that out of my savings and into my checking! Instead of, crap I can't afford that! It felt really good. Hope everyone is still doing good! I just love reading this thread!!! Everyone is so great here.

Does anyone else talk to their car? I did last night after it got fixed and my son looked at me like I needed to be committed! I just told it to behave now that I had it in the repair shop twice this week! I reminded it I was being nice and paying for nice things but I'm not made of money so quit asking for things.
Lol! I don't talk to my car but we named our old GPS after needing to change its voice. The default (female) voice would almost sigh when she said recalculating. As if to say, "Dummy, I'm tired of telling you again & again!" So we put it on the British male voice and named him Nigel. He was nice but was getting old, slow & incorrect so we replaced him. The new one is female but she doesn't whine so we'll keep her for now. She is yet to be named.

As of the middle of May I should have 2 more cards paid off. (1450 and 700 balances) Going to pay one off this week and the other next pay day. This is 6 weeks earlier than expected. Came into extra money that was not planned.Then I can really focus on paying extra on my bigger one (last one) which has about $4500 left. Goal is end of year to be paid off.

I am itching to get a cheap trip to WDW this September. Just a mommy and son one for 6 nights at pop. Doing it cheap so I am not spending too much money. Will have the money to pay for it. I cannot go on our family trip to Canada this year so now it gives me an excuse that I can go. DH is going to think I am crazy because we just had a 2 week trip in Novmeber. DS gets 2 days off for our fair so it is the good time to go. Flights out of CLE are $68 each way. It's hard to not go with that cheap of flights plus I am about certain free dining will be out...I just don't know if my dates will fit.

Murphy came for a visit this week but thankfully only to the tune of $194!!! That was for a new battery, air filter and testing on my car. I had that money in my EF so now I will be working on saving a bit more instead of debt. It felt good to say give me a minute to transfer that out of my savings and into my checking! Instead of, crap I can't afford that! It felt really good. Hope everyone is still doing good! I just love reading this thread!!! Everyone is so great here.

Does anyone else talk to their car? I did last night after it got fixed and my son looked at me like I needed to be committed! I just told it to behave now that I had it in the repair shop twice this week! I reminded it I was being nice and paying for nice things but I'm not made of money so quit asking for things.

Lol! After my last repair I told my car if it kept acting up it was going to the junk yard!!

As of the middle of May I should have 2 more cards paid off. (1450 and 700 balances) Going to pay one off this week and the other next pay day. This is 6 weeks earlier than expected. Came into extra money that was not planned.Then I can really focus on paying extra on my bigger one (last one) which has about $4500 left. Goal is end of year to be paid off.

I am itching to get a cheap trip to WDW this September. Just a mommy and son one for 6 nights at pop. Doing it cheap so I am not spending too much money. Will have the money to pay for it. I cannot go on our family trip to Canada this year so now it gives me an excuse that I can go. DH is going to think I am crazy because we just had a 2 week trip in Novmeber. DS gets 2 days off for our fair so it is the good time to go. Flights out of CLE are $68 each way. It's hard to not go with that cheap of flights plus I am about certain free dining will be out...I just don't know if my dates will fit.

You are doing a great job getting those cards paid off! Way to go!

Okay! lol I've been reading this thread for hours and hours (first day off I've had to myself in I don't know how long!) I am a newcomer to this particular thread. I've found a surge of motivation for get on the right financial track. My fiance and I have approximately $22,000 in debt. I in my last year of college, and my fiance will finish his PTA degree next year.

This year, however, my fiance is not going to school. He is working and supporting me while I finish my degree. He pays for all of our monthly bills with the exception of the monthly minimums for this debt we've accumulated (he also covers his car payment which is our only other form of debt). I work as a waitress in addition to going to school. All of the tips that I earn go to my "Getting Ready for Disney World" box because honestly, most of what I think about is our next trip to Disney World :) Our next trip will be in Nov 2016 when DF and I get married at WDW!! I'm super excited. DF and I are paying for his little brother, my sister, my niece (4 years old), and my nephew (1 year old) to come to the wedding. So, in addition to trying to dump our debt, we are also working hard to save for all the wedding expenses.

To help me save, I use a bit of a reverse envelope system. I have labelled (and decorated!) envelopes for each thing we're working to save for. Right now, I'm concentrating on the $2,600 that has accumulated on our Disney Visa and the private dessert party to view Fantasmic that we're throwing as our 'reception'. We pretty much have all the money for dining plan, tickets, and rooms for the trip put away.

Wow. I've squeezed a ton of information into this post! I think I'll give it a break and go back to reading this thread. I'm on page 27 but couldn't resist jumping in with some of my story!

Okay! lol I've been reading this thread for hours and hours (first day off I've had to myself in I don't know how long!) I am a newcomer to this particular thread. I've found a surge of motivation for get on the right financial track. My fiance and I have approximately $22,000 in debt. I in my last year of college, and my fiance will finish his PTA degree next year.

This year, however, my fiance is not going to school. He is working and supporting me while I finish my degree. He pays for all of our monthly bills with the exception of the monthly minimums for this debt we've accumulated (he also covers his car payment which is our only other form of debt). I work as a waitress in addition to going to school. All of the tips that I earn go to my "Getting Ready for Disney World" box because honestly, most of what I think about is our next trip to Disney World :) Our next trip will be in Nov 2016 when DF and I get married at WDW!! I'm super excited. DF and I are paying for his little brother, my sister, my niece (4 years old), and my nephew (1 year old) to come to the wedding. So, in addition to trying to dump our debt, we are also working hard to save for all the wedding expenses.

To help me save, I use a bit of a reverse envelope system. I have labelled (and decorated!) envelopes for each thing we're working to save for. Right now, I'm concentrating on the $2,600 that has accumulated on our Disney Visa and the private dessert party to view Fantasmic that we're throwing as our 'reception'. We pretty much have all the money for dining plan, tickets, and rooms for the trip put away.

Wow. I've squeezed a ton of information into this post! I think I'll give it a break and go back to reading this thread. I'm on page 27 but couldn't resist jumping in with some of my story!

:welcome: We're glad to have you join this thread!! We had one for 2014 and 2013 so you can always read back on those for ideas as well!! Sounds like you have a great fiancée! Congrats on getting married at Disney! were all here for support and ideas so please stay active and keep us posted! Every little bit applied to the debt is great!

When it rains it pours!!! My laptop is currently coughing and sputtering (not really but still) so I'll be backing up pictures and documents. I'm going to save every penny I can for the next few weeks and hope I can get by with just my iPad. I don't use my laptop often but it's still needed! I never got my printer back from the ex so I will need to save for that also. He still has my grandpa's sword and rifle from WWII so I'm hoping I can squeeze the printer out of him too but who knows with him. I'm sad these items got left behind and hope he doesn't get rid of them on a whim. Why oh why are there rumors of free dining when I need to fix so many things????? I still need to replenish the EF and pay off the last of my cards. I think I've done pretty good this year tho! Thanks everyone for the motivation!!!!

When it rains it pours!!! My laptop is currently coughing and sputtering (not really but still) so I'll be backing up pictures and documents. I'm going to save every penny I can for the next few weeks and hope I can get by with just my iPad. I don't use my laptop often but it's still needed! I never got my printer back from the ex so I will need to save for that also. He still has my grandpa's sword and rifle from WWII so I'm hoping I can squeeze the printer out of him too but who knows with him. I'm sad these items got left behind and hope he doesn't get rid of them on a whim. Why oh why are there rumors of free dining when I need to fix so many things????? I still need to replenish the EF and pay off the last of my cards. I think I've done pretty good this year tho! Thanks everyone for the motivation!!!!

:hug: stay strong. You got this.

Woo hoo! I just paid off my Disney Visa! :cool1:

So now just 2 more big guys and 1 little. I need to attack the big ones first because they're 0% for a specific time frame (12 & 18 mos.) and then it skyrockets. The little one is only like 2% but it's until it gets paid off.
We have $ set aside for a car for ds18 if he gets a PT job after school but so far no offers and he leaves for college in the fall. So we're already creating a Plan B for what to do with that $ if he doesn't get a job by July. We agreed to split it and I will put my half toward debt. Dh agreed to put half of his half toward debt. Good enough. I have to admit, it's kind of burning a hole in my pocket. :yay:

If I can resist the urge to book something with free dining, despite ds14 having a 4-day weekend off in Sept, despite me already having those days off work, and despite that I have enough SWA points that all 3 of us could fly RT for free, and if I can stick to The Plan, all cc's will be paid off by Dec 10.

I hope you're all being stronger than I am. :laughing:

Yeah I'm still swimming but this free dining has me doing the doggy paddle.

So now just 2 more big guys and 1 little. I need to attack the big ones first because they're 0% for a specific time frame (12 & 18 mos.) and then it skyrockets. The little one is only like 2% but it's until it gets paid off.
We have $ set aside for a car for ds18 if he gets a PT job after school but so far no offers and he leaves for college in the fall. So we're already creating a Plan B for what to do with that $ if he doesn't get a job by July. We agreed to split it and I will put my half toward debt. Dh agreed to put half of his half toward debt. Good enough. I have to admit, it's kind of burning a hole in my pocket. :yay:

If I can resist the urge to book something with free dining, despite ds14 having a 4-day weekend off in Sept, despite me already having those days off work, and despite that I have enough SWA points that all 3 of us could fly RT for free, and if I can stick to The Plan, all cc's will be paid off by Dec 10.

Great job on getting the cards paid off! And that's a great plan b, to apply it towards debt!

My laptop is the same way as yours - I've pretty much converted just to my iPad - have word and everything right on it. Plus if you have the wireless printer your set!

I am not stronger than you. I already had in the back of my head that I wanted a short trip in September, just my son and I. I am a TA so I just happened to put one on hold for myself. Haven't decided if I will do it or not yet. I don't like going in September but the low crowds and DS having 2 days off that week for our fair outweighs September. He missed 6 days of school last year for WDW and ended up being sick a lot in Kindergarten so I do not wanthim to miss that much next Year. I'm doing good on credit cards so that is not an issue either

I'm sure you're aware by now it's not a rumor anymore :)

Lol - I'm glad you posted this remark so I knew to go look :).

I would love to go in December - but have decided on no vacations - at least not for a while as I want to try to get my home equity loan paid off early and do some house projects. Now - if an unexpected windfall of money came in - then I may reconsider !!

Well, the sale of my house is progressing nicely and it looks like it should close on time. I have been going back and forth on whether to use all of the proceeds to pay off my cc's or to set some aside for a down payment on a newer used car (mine is 14 years old)... I think I finally decided tonight that since my car is doing okay I'm going to put that off for awhile and pay down cc's instead. It will save me a lot on what I'm paying in interest and I just don't feel comfortable taking on a car payment plus the increased cost for insurance, etc. Of course, now that I've decided that I'm sure my car will promptly die after I pay off the cc's - ha!

Well, the sale of my house is progressing nicely and it looks like it should close on time. I have been going back and forth on whether to use all of the proceeds to pay off my cc's or to set some aside for a down payment on a newer used car (mine is 14 years old)... I think I finally decided tonight that since my car is doing okay I'm going to put that off for awhile and pay down cc's instead. It will save me a lot on what I'm paying in interest and I just don't feel comfortable taking on a car payment plus the increased cost for insurance, etc. Of course, now that I've decided that I'm sure my car will promptly die after I pay off the cc's - ha!

Just me, I'd dump it all on the cc's so that they are paid off that much sooner, then the money that used to be used for the cc payment would become my new "car payment" amount. But, that's just me.

Lol - I'm glad you posted this remark so I knew to go look :).

I would love to go in December - but have decided on no vacations - at least not for a while as I want to try to get my home equity loan paid off early and do some house projects. Now - if an unexpected windfall of money came in - then I may reconsider !!

I don't know if it is exactly an unexpected windfall of money, but ....

(Please don't hate me) my ex-roommate moved back in for a few months. His parents are paying his bills while he is looking for a job, so that is a guaranteed income for a few months at least. He is aware that if he is still unemployed when they decide to stop paying he has to move out. In addition, one of his ex-co-workers husband died a month ago or so, and she is moving into one of my other bedrooms, so that is another unexpected income stream for the foreseeable future. Her general plan is to live here indefinitely (which I think will work for me, but we'll see as time goes on). At a minimum, this will let me pay an extra $800/month towards bills and my emergency fund for the time being. If I can stay committed to that amount, and everyone stays, I can be debt free (minus my mortgage) by January.

We'll see what happens though.

Just me, I'd dump it all on the cc's so that they are paid off that much sooner, then the money that used to be used for the cc payment would become my new "car payment" amount. But, that's just me.

Yes, but I will still need to have a down payment first for the car so will need time to save that up.

(Please don't hate me) my ex-roommate moved back in for a few months. His parents are paying his bills while he is looking for a job, so that is a guaranteed income for a few months at least. He is aware that if he is still unemployed when they decide to stop paying he has to move out. In addition, one of his ex-co-workers husband died a month ago or so, and she is moving into one of my other bedrooms, so that is another unexpected income stream for the foreseeable future. Her general plan is to live here indefinitely (which I think will work for me, but we'll see as time goes on). At a minimum, this will let me pay an extra $800/month towards bills and my emergency fund for the time being. If I can stay committed to that amount, and everyone stays, I can be debt free (minus my mortgage) by January.

I decided that I was done with roommates after my last experience. That's great if it is working for you though and not driving you crazy like it would me! Hope all goes smoothly - I thought the ex roommate was off on some road trip?

I think that's a great plan!! And at least if the car died or needed repairs - the cc debt is gone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter