1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Debby Doesn’t Get Us Down On Our Mother/Daughter Trip!- June 2012 TR- Link to the TR!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by emma212010, Jul 5, 2012.

1. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

The REBEL
    June 22, 2012

After we got off of TSM, we headed back toward the Streets of America. Along the way we spotted a green army man!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wanted to take the subway, but apparently it was closed! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weren’t we just here??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After our stroll through the streets of America, we got in line for Star Tours. There wasn’t much of a wait, so we did the standby line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And GUESS who the rebel spy was! It was Mom of course!!!!! I died laughing!! It was the funniest picture ever and these three girls in front of us were so jealous that she was the spy, and not them! They were like making ridiculous faces the entire time, but Mom was just sitting there like doo da doo! HAHAHA it was awesome! Of course, I didn’t have time to take my camera out (boo) but it was just too funny!!

On our way out we saw the Jedi training in action!

[​IMG]

I’m not a huge Star Wars fan, but I think Disney could do some really great things now that they own the franchise. I’m excited to see what comes out of it!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Zuzu03

Zuzu03 DIS Veteran

Emma's Mom here! These past few days have been a whirlwind getting DH ready to leave the cold and snow for good. Now it's my job to keep the house in tip-top shape to sell - the realtor is coming tomorrow to take photos and set the for sale sign in the yard! Hopefully the timing will be just right and someone will buy it in late April. In the meantime, Emma's having fun planning for a June Disney trip with DBF! :goodvibes

4. DaveinFallsChurch

DaveinFallsChurch DIS Veteran

Congrats all around! Hope the home sale goes well! Very jealous of the move to FL. :goodvibes

Introducing WDW to a noob is such a fun experience which we got to do for my FIL last April! Just remember to slow things down for the first timer. Give them plenty of chance to soak everything in.

5. Zuzu03

Zuzu03 DIS Veteran

Thanks, Dave!!! We are really excited!!!! We've been wanted to do this and things are just falling in to place now for us. It will be lovely to be out of this snow, so tired of it! I'm really hoping Emma considers a FL university for grad school. ;)

DH just called from Wilkes-Barre, tired and done driving for the day. So far so good!!!

6. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

What? The subway wasn't working? TOO weird...

HAHAHA being the rebel spy is the funnest thing. I love it! They catch you with the most ridiculous faces ever.

7. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

WOW!!! What amazing news! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I can't believe your mom & stepdad are going to be so close to Disney! :cloud9: And that's really exciting that you get to take your DBF on his 1st trip!

Your update is great, too! That's so fun that your mom was the rebel spy! :thumbsup2

8. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Thank you! It's all really exciting!! :goodvibes

I'm really excited to show him what Disney is all about! I have a commando style when it comes to Disney, so I am going to struggle with taking things slowly! I really want him to fall in love with it too!

It must be broken or something! :confused3 ;)

AHHH It was hilarious!!! Her face was priceles!!! :rotfl:

AHHHHHH OMG! I'm so excited!!! I can't believe it either sometimes! :lmao: I can't wait to show DBF how wonderful the parks are!!!

9. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

I love it that your mom was the Rebel Spy!

:rotfl:

Naples is supposed to be beautiful. I've not been but have only heard good things.

Let's see, 21 and a newbie. I've done DLR with a group of those (Spring Break College trip lol!)

You have the obvious rides, all the Mountains, Star Tours, ToT. For a first timer, I might minimize AK unless he is really into animals, and stay away from Fantasyland for the most part (too many really little ones). Dining wise ESPN might be a good fit, I've not been but know lots of sporty makes that like it. Other good ones could be Big River Brewing, House of Blues, Rose and Crown, Via Napoli and then maybe places like Sunshine Seasons? If he's a foodie you'll have lots more options of course. You can go watch the Richard Petty experience even if you don't do it, that's an option and I'd imagine a waterpark could be good.

10. Zuzu03

Zuzu03 DIS Veteran

DH sent me a message a short while ago saying he was just passing DTD and I was like, AAAAAHHHHHH!!! He's only a few hours away from our new home in Naples. :cool1: I spoke to Florida Power and Light today to confirm that the power was being turned on in our new apartment - they were so nice and the customer service agent said, "Welcome to Florida!" I canNOT wait for Emma and I to be making the long trek down too! How many days, Em? :goodvibes

11. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

It was so funny!! :rotfl:

Wow! Thank you so much! I'll definitely look into ESPN stuff. I'm sure he'll love the sports bar there. He loves thrill rides, so we'll probably stay away from FL except to see the new addition! He sure does love food! :goodvibes I'm going to sit down with him with the menus and see what he's into!

Thanks so much!! :goodvibes

Roughly 160!!! :beach:

P.S. I love your ticker!!

12. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

One More Time
    June 22, 2012

After our tour in the galaxy, we were thirsty, so we each got a float- me a Coke float and Mom a Root Beer Float.

We sat on a bench for a while and people watched while we finished our floats.

[​IMG]

Then it was over to ToT for yet another ride to use our FPs!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This time we pretended to be sleeping, LOL! I was afraid we were going to bump heads!

[​IMG]

We walked in and out of the stores on our way back to the front of the park.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Epcot Lovin'
    June 22, 2012

We boarded the boat and waved goodbye to the Dolphin.

[​IMG]

It was a relaxing ride over to Epcot.

For some reason I wanted to take a picture of my mug to show you… I don’t know.

[​IMG]

We made it to the World Showcase entrance, and took in the beautiful sights of the WS! Sigh, I love it!

[​IMG]

I love the little details!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We walked towards the UK, taking in my favorite park!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVE TEA

[​IMG]

This is so pretty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Fabulous Lunch
    June 22, 2012

We left the UK and headed into Canada.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OMG how cute!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a little bit of shopping, we went to check into our lunch ADR at…….

[​IMG]

WOOOOOO!!!!! I was so excited!!!! I love Le Cellier!!!! It was about 2:40 when we checked in, and they took us right away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were seated in Prince Edward Island. There were only two of us, so they crammed us into a booth with a few other families. It was really awkward because I felt like I was sticking my butt in their food when I tried to sit down because the tables were so close together! Our server was super nice and had great timing!

We were given a bread basket, of course, to start. I just love the bread so much! There was pretzel bread (amazing), sourdough bread (pretty good), and some kind of a multigrain (not so good).

[​IMG]

Mom and I had the same meal. We both ordered the Cheddar Cheese Soup (of course) to start. OMG I LOVE THIS STUFF! It’s so amazing! I love dipping the pretzel bread in it, and it’s like a cheesy pretzel… BUT BETTER!!!

[​IMG]

For our meals we had the New York Strip Steak. It was super tasty and cooked to our order! The potatoes were really creamy and delicious!!

[​IMG]

For dessert, we had the Maple Crème Brulee. This was really yummy, but very sweet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was so relaxing to get out of the heat, but we were soooo full!!!!!!

When we finished eating, and started to head outside, we heard the pounding that could only be rain…

15. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Love your update and pics! :)

16. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

17. marDgreen88

marDgreen88 DIS Veteran

I'm glad you had such a beautiful day that day! I love it!

Ahhh I love the Friendship boats!

Haha well the mug is pink and adorable so I understand. :laughing:

The UK pavilion is my second favorite. I love it! Your pictures are beautiful!

MMMMM pretzel bread. :love:

18. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

What a lovely day y'all were having!

As always, I love looking at your pictures.

Lunch at Le Cellier looks delicious! I may have to give it a try for lunch one of these years.

I sure hope the rain didn't last too long!!

19. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Yum, yum and yum.

And now I really miss the WS!

Great update

20. emma212010

emma212010 DIS Veteran

It was awesome! :goodvibes

Me too! They are so relaxing and exciting!!

OMG I love the UK too!! I really can't choose a favorite, but it's definitely up there!

Oh, it was soooo good!!! I'm craving that right now!! ::yes::

It really was!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

You really should! I think it's my favorite!!!!

Oh, SOOOO YUM! I love Le Cellier!!! :love: And the WS! And Disney in general! :laughing: oh man, I wish I was there now!

21. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

Hi again!:wave2: It's been a while!

So loving all of your beautiful pictures. Being the camera bug that I am, I can appreciate all the weird (and I say that in a positive way) angles and shots that you captured! Very creative!

Ok....what AWESOME news for your mom!!! And you :laughing: Now she can get the Florida resident pass and APs!! Big discounts there:thumbsup2 It's great that your DBF will be going for the first time. Have you picked the resort, yet?? Maybe your step-dad can get the FR discount. Happy times for you:thumbsup2

We're leaving next Friday for a super short mini-trip for Faith...her birthday surprise. Staying at POR in the Royal Room...can't wait! I'm excited to check out a new resort. And after looking at your POFQ pics, I'm very excited to going over there for breakfast on Sunday!

Hope yall have a great weekend!
    Heather