DEBATE: Is The Big ME 'on his own' now?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by Bstanley, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Bstanley

Bstanley DisNoid

Just musing about the future...

Given that The Big ME has managed to put his head firmly on the chopping block with several years of running off senior executives and poor corporate performance, when will his Praetorians turn on him and look for a new emperor?

In other words - when will his coterie of Yes-men (women) decide that their personal career survival/success is no longer tied to his coat-tails?

I mean the guy is 60, when he leaves Disney he won't be getting another CEO job, he's managed to p*** off much of the rest of the industry, etc and so the issue of whether or not he likes you is becoming less and less important to your career aspirations than doing the things you know you needed to do all along but you didn't do because of him...

And then finally- maybe you tell Roy and Stan things you've never told them before because now you know they're 'looking'...

2. Lesley

Lesley DIS Veteran

Hmmm.....it certainly would be interesting to get inside the head of some of the higher up folks at Disney. Perhaps this is what some are thinking....then again, perhaps its more profitable to them personally in the short term to keep on nodding yes. And we all know there's a big problem with folks who only see the short term at Disney these days!

This has been, and will continue to be, an interesting thing to watch.

3. Sarangel

Sarangel <font color=red><font color=navy>Rumor has it ...<

Here's what the LA Times has to say on the subject:
    He seems to be on the way out, now that he can get this kind of press in the mainstream media. A year ago, no one would have published this.

Sarangel